Everyone realizes that this is a very flawed team right??

The ACC in 2020 is a conglomeration of Haves and Have-Nots. Our best hope for the season is to be the best of the have-nots.

The Haves = Clemson, ND & UNC.

ND scored 12 points against UL, man. UL. And UNC.... well.... turn on the TV.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They haven’t played anyone who is gonna run on them Austin Peay?
That's funny considering Louisville ran for 209 yards against us but only 116 against Pitt. In 5 games Pitt gave up 260 yards rushing, in on e game vs Louisville we gave up 209 yards.

That's funny considering Louisville ran for 209 yards against us but only 116 against Pitt. In 5 games Pitt gave up 260 yards rushing, in on e game vs Louisville we gave up 209 yards.

Well our defense sucks what do you expect.

The ACC in 2020 is a conglomeration of Haves and Have-Nots. Our best hope for the season is to be the best of the have-nots.

notre dame and unc are both god awful football teams ... Miami’s not very good and would beat both of them 😂😂

That one didn’t age well.... it happens bro. To me there’s only a few haves in all of cfb. Clemson Bama, and then UGA, OSU, then everyone else.

Advertisement
Coaching has multiple facets. The scheme on offense is vastly improved, and the talent in places has also improved. But the second facet, the personnel decision making is head scratching. Both the scheme and personnel decisions on D are bad.

The biggest issue with our culture right now is that older vets aren’t scared. We aren’t a program that plays the best guys. We put too much emphasis on practice and older guys who work hard are rewarded simply for that. No fear of losing the position battle to a young guy. That creates complacency. As a recruit why come here if you know the older guy as king he does his best is going to play?
Said it in another thread and its a huge problem. We wait wayyyy to long to play the talented guys. By the time we do, they declare early, and get drafted low (which doesnt help recruiting) due to the fact they havent played enough to be a household name. Freshman go into these big time schools and take older expirienced 5 star spot. If you see Mccloud and Jennings suck by now, build for future and put in Brooks (this 1 shouldnt even have to be said), Tac, And Huff. Guy with elite phyisical traits. They get a couple big plays as freshman, then there confidence goes up and maybe they become a star. Your also sending a message that nobodys spot is safe and if you want to play, you better work harder to get better. But regardless of how hard you work, if your not better then the next guy your *** can co sit down somewhere. It keeps everyone engaged and on their toes.

This team is surely flawed, I think they were afraid they were going to lose this week. They lack a mental toughness that’s permeated the program through 3-4-5 fails regimes. Always lose when you should win. That to me is why this was a big win.

We are flawed no doubt. But we are still winning and hopefully we continue to build momentum. That’s why the next two are so big. Away games against beatable teams. One team is bad but if we suck they will beat us, for whatever reason they always play us well, and one off a bye to a pretty good NC ST team. These could be real momentum builders and at the rate others are losing we could be in the top 7-8 easy by just getting those two wins.

Advertisement
I feel that.

I just believe we cruising out to 10-1.

Hopefully a rematch against Clemson or a good Bowl opponent. I saw some Bowl Previews that had Miami playing UGA or UF in the Orange Bowl. Those would be great games.
We’re behind the Domers in the Standings. No way we get a rematch with Clemson if the Irish win out, THE ACC wants that marquee game.

However, if we get the f**king Gatah at our home field, it has to be a firable Offense for Manny to lose to them at the Rock.

- Starting WRs are the worst I’ve seen ever at Miami
- starting LBs are as bad as I’ve seen here
- interior OL get very little push against defenses with a pulse

yet we’re 4-1 - 30+ in all 3 wins - 4 double digit wins
Did you fail basic math in junior-high?

Win baby Win!! No matter how it happens let it keep happening... 4 -1 BABYYY, Honestly I was ****ed watching this offense, our OL is really struggling to move defenders, our best weapons are our RBs and we need to get them going again.. BUT 4-1 WIN BABY WIN, too many fans complain about how we WIN, I thought the fans wanted to see WINS, IT seems like after every WIN it's talk like if it was an "L"..
MIAMI FANS COMPLAIN WE OUR CANES WIN AND COMPLAIN WHEN WE LOSE!! **** a WIN is a WIN, it's like some fans really want them to lose for their complaint to be relevant!!

On to UVa

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fraggle man...our fans would ruin a wet dream
I'M CONFUSED Miami fans are something, it seems like some on here complain more after a WIN!! I know where this program has been over the years, so for me it's all about 1. WINNING 2. Win for RECRUITING (get the best local talent)

On to game 6 (Virginia) , our Canes are 4-1 lets get ready for the next opponent!! This team is learning how to be WINNERS and learning how to keep WINNING, some of the complaining is about real concerns YES but long as our Canes keep WINNING it is what it is.. Lets get to 5-1, Go Canes BEAT UVA

Well . . . we've had flawed teams for a while now . . . That's what good coaches are for; to help flawed teams win . . .

- Starting WRs are the worst I’ve seen ever at Miami
- starting LBs are as bad as I’ve seen here
- interior OL get very little push against defenses with a pulse

yet we’re 4-1 - 30+ in all 3 wins - 4 double digit wins
All teams have flaws.

2017: Punter and QB were our weakest units
2018: Kicker and OL were our weakest units
2019: WR and cornerback are our weakest units

Said it in another thread and its a huge problem. We wait wayyyy to long to play the talented guys. By the time we do, they declare early, and get drafted low (which doesnt help recruiting) due to the fact they havent played enough to be a household name. Freshman go into these big time schools and take older expirienced 5 star spot. If you see Mccloud and Jennings suck by now, build for future and put in Brooks (this 1 shouldnt even have to be said), Tac, And Huff. Guy with elite phyisical traits. They get a couple big plays as freshman, then there confidence goes up and maybe they become a star. Your also sending a message that nobodys spot is safe and if you want to play, you better work harder to get better. But regardless of how hard you work, if your not better then the next guy your *** can co sit down somewhere. It keeps everyone engaged and on their toes.
1000% my guy. Everyone talks about culture this and culture that. Culture at the U is the oldest guys play so long as they give it all they got. Watch the elite programs and they play some of their top talent early. Not all of em play but some do. It creates competition and motivation to go be great to keep your job. We don’t have that. We self sabotage ourselves with the guys we play.

McCloud
Jennings
Carter
Ford
Pope
Wiggins
Harley

None of these guys have earned the right to not lose their starting spot. Age, experience, and personal feelings aside none of these guys have done anything in multiple years here to say their spot is safe. It’s beyond ridiculous to see. PLAY THE BEST GUYS.

Advertisement
Back