Everyone realizes that this is a very flawed team right??

The ACC in 2020 is a conglomeration of Haves and Have-Nots. Our best hope for the season is to be the best of the have-nots.

The Haves = Clemson, ND & UNC.

giphy (11).gif

Advertisement
1000% my guy. Everyone talks about culture this and culture that. Culture at the U is the oldest guys play so long as they give it all they got. Watch the elite programs and they play some of their top talent early. Not all of em play but some do. It creates competition and motivation to go be great to keep your job. We don’t have that. We self sabotage ourselves with the guys we play.

McCloud
Jennings
Carter
Ford
Pope
Wiggins
Harley

None of these guys have earned the right to not lose their starting spot. Age, experience, and personal feelings aside none of these guys have done anything in multiple years here to say their spot is safe. It’s beyond ridiculous to see. PLAY THE BEST GUYS.
I would love to see someone press Diaz on this. You hit the nail on the head with the “self sabatoge”. They just always wait way too long To change anything. We shouldnt have to lose 5 games to make adjustments. You get paid millions. Evaluate how we can get better at every position on a daily basis. Its just such a lazy move to just play the vets. When the only thing a player has proven is that he sucks everytime hes on the field, wtf do you have to lose by playing the younger more athletic guy. See Greggory Rousseau. Nobody can tell me that TAC wouldnt be playing better then Mccloud. Dont even get me started on the WRs

The ACC in 2020 is a conglomeration of Haves and Have-Nots. Our best hope for the season is to be the best of the have-nots.

The Haves = Clemson, ND & UNC.

I know you acknowledged it but this is a God awful take and was when you made it as well. What has ND shown you this season to make you think they are in a different class than us? And don’t even get me started on the UNC **** sucking going on on this board. They needed a 4th and 17 to beat us at home last year but they are in a different class than us? I don’t love comparing via common opponents and I know you made this before last night but FSU gave ND some trouble, beat UNC and we blew them out the stadium. I’d love to see those 2 “haves” vs the real “have” Clemson. They’d get bodied just as bad, if not worse than we did.

Miami fans/mods are so quick to crown other teams while taking shots at their own. Shít is weird.

Eeeeeeh.

It'll be a close game if we stay healthy and figure out a response to teams selling out to stopping the run / daring King to beat them deep.
The answer is attacking the linebackers in the passing game with backs and tight ends over the middle.

Smith and Redding need more reps too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back