Everyone loves The Pirate, right?

Advertisement
This board has a weird obsession with leach and holding him is such high regards. Why? Idk

Don’t even know the story with this player and Leach yet taking the coaches side automatically and saying the tweet proves leach right. Like how sway? Lol don’t even know what happened nor how serious it was.

Advertisement
Friends Love GIF by Woodblock

This board has a weird obsession with leach and holding him is such high regards. Why? Idk

Don’t even know the story with this player and Leach yet taking the coaches side automatically and saying the tweet proves leach right. Like how sway? Lol don’t even know what happened nor how serious it was.

Because we had two chances to hire Mike Leach in his prime. Instead Donna ****lala and her pathetic minions in the athletic department chose to hire Randy Shannon and Al Golden. We even had Donald Trump (before he became a politician) lobbying Donna to hire Leach.

As for the other half of your post, you have it backwards. @TheOriginalCane started this thread in an effort to throw shade on Mike Leach. That's why he's openly following this "situation," so he can use it to prove a point that does not matter. What's hilarious is if you changed the coach's name from Mike to Mario, he'd be posting it as a sign of high character and work ethic. lol

Because we had two chances to hire Mike Leach in his prime. Instead Donna ****lala and her pathetic minions in the athletic department chose to hire Randy Shannon and Al Golden. We even had Donald Trump (before he became a politician) lobbying Donna to hire Leach.

As for the other half of your post, you have it backwards. @TheOriginalCane started this thread in an effort to throw shade on Mike Leach. That's why he's openly following this "situation," so he can use it to prove a point that does not matter. What's hilarious is if you changed the coach's name from Mike to Mario, he'd be posting it as a sign of high character and work ethic. lol

Good lord, your stuff is weak and pathetic.

"Two chances to hire Mike Leach in his prime"...WHAT PRIME? Was it the TWO separate years he won 11 games (for his ENTIRE CAREER, he never won more than 9 games in ANY OTHER SEASON)? Mike Leach has NEVER EVEN WON HIS CONFERENCE. Not once.

And outside of those 2 glory years out of 21, in the other 19 years, he finished with a ranked team FOUR TIMES. Which means that for 15 of his 21 years, Mike Leach has finished with an unranked team. And only ONCE since 2009.

In 21 years of coaching, here is how Mike Leach has done IN HIS DIVISION (let alone his conference, which is even worse):
---1st in his division - TWO TIMES (tied for 1st in his division twice, never made the conference championship game)
---2nd in his division - THREE TIMES
---3rd in his division - EIGHT TIMES
---4th in his division - FOUR TIMES
---5th in his division - TWO TIMES
---6th in his division - TWO TIMES

Mike Leach is, quite literally, MID. His entire career, he has AVERAGED mid IN HIS OWN DIVISION. Mike Leach is the dictionary definition of MID.

The most ridiculous part of your deranged post is when (with a straight face) you cited Donald Trump lobbying for Leach as some sort of a positive.

But, sure, continue to make up ridiculous hypotheticals as if they are going to prove an argument that you cannot win. You let me know whenever a transfer announcement includes a comparable personal slam of Mario, and then you can judge my reaction. Otherwise, as per your normal, you are just making crap up.

I'm not trying to "throw shade on Mike Leach". His entire career throws shade on himself. He's just...NOT GOOD. He's overrated. He's a myth. He's a joke. That's not just my own personal opinion, that's an objectively provable statistical fact.

IN TWENTY-ONE YEARS AS A HEAD COACH, HE'S HAD EXACTLY TWO NOTEWORTHY SEASONS. That's it. But to hear his fanboys talk about him, Mike Leach is some coaching great.

He is not.

Advertisement
HA! Told you guys that TheOriginalCan had an axe to grind in starting this thread.

Fifty bucks says he had post #49 pre-typed and saved on a Word doc just waiting...... PRAYING for someone to post something remotely positive about Mike Leach.

:roll-canes2:

HA! Told you guys that TheOriginalCan had an axe to grind in starting this thread.

Fifty bucks says he had post #49 pre-typed and saved on a Word doc just waiting...... PRAYING for someone to post something remotely positive about Mike Leach.

Typical reply from you.

---ZERO response to a litany of facts.

---Attempted change-of-subject by inventing non-existent "axe to grind".

---Inability to comprehend that your argumentative opponent knows the subject matter, can quickly Google stats, and is a **** good (and fast) typist.

Sure, I "must have" pre-typed" that post and "saved it on a Word doc".

Hilarious. Clearly, you've never met me, because I'd similarly blow you out of the water with an unprepared and extemporaneous blast that you'd be completely unprepared for. I love being underestimated by people who falsely believe they have the high ground.

You need to retreat to your semi-intellectual bubble where people (like crossover) tell you you're right all the time. You're definitely not rugged and battle-tested.

Oh, and pay me my $50.

So im not supposed to respect a man that doesn't like weakness???

Bizzaro world.

Kid proved leach was right.

Bizzaro world indeed.

(Reminds everyone of the love for Mario disciplining Kelly and Kinchens, the love for pick up your kids, and clearing out the Miami roster and then sneaks off quietly)

I have no interest in arguing with you. Im more into simply calling you out for the intent of this thread, which Im 100% correct on. You started in with the sole intent on having an e-beef with someone who said something nice about Mike Leach.

I never advocated for Mike Leach, hence Im not compelled to respond to your "litany of FACTS." lol. I will say that MY OPINION is that Mike Leach would have been a better hire than Randy or Golden. Do you have another litany of facts to compare Leach to Randy and/or Golden?

Finally, as for never having met you; You state that as if its a bad thing. Yet another thing you're misguided about. :witless:

Advertisement
Bizzaro world indeed.

(Reminds everyone of the love for Mario disciplining Kelly and Kinchens, the love for pick up your kids, and clearing out the Miami roster and then sneaks off quietly)

Not sure what is going on with this false equivalency.

Nobody has a problem with "disciplining" players, particularly when coaching discipline is respected by the players and they respond to it. Remember the fake tempest-in-a-teapot where our rival fans tried to impugn Mario for getting on a player at Oregon, and then the player actually said nice things about Mario?

Which, of course, is different from a coach who has, for decades, said (and done) rude and insulting things to players which have led to repercussions as serious as lawsuits.

And let's be honest, a lot of those sins would be forgiven IF LEACH SIMPLY WON MORE GAMES. The history of football is filled with coaches who may have been comparable in their negativity towards players, yet they have trophies to show for it.

Mike Leach is trying to act like he's Nick Saban when he has actually won the same number of NCAA conference and national championships as Lou Saban.

Last edited:

Leach is a better football coach than mario. Mario is a better recruiter.

I have no interest in arguing with you. Im more into simply calling you out for the intent of this thread, which Im 100% correct on. You started in with the sole intent on having an e-beef with someone who said something nice about Mike Leach.

I never advocated for Mike Leach, hence Im not compelled to respond to your "litany of FACTS." lol. I will say that MY OPINION is that Mike Leach would have been a better hire than Randy or Golden. Do you have another litany of facts to compare Leach to Randy and/or Golden?

Finally, as for never having met you; You state that as if its a bad thing. Yet another thing you're misguided about. :witless:

I started a thred to have an e-beef...with WHO exactly?

I started the thread because I saw what the player tweeted, and I thought it was funny because of the overstated myth of Mike Leach. There's no e-beef with anyone, you just tried to invent one. Which you lost by a wide margin.

Finally, I never stated anything as a "bad thing" or even a "good thing". I merely pointed out that, as per usual, you were shooting off your mouth with no actual or factual basis. You bragged about putting up $50 on the basis of an invented claim about me of which you have no clue, because you know nothing about me or my ability to craft a strong rebuttal on the fly.

You can Venmo me the $50.

Advertisement
I don’t know why anybody would want to coach now in this society and having to deal with these soft *** drama laden kids. The stories I hear is something from a day care lol. No amount of money could make me step into that world .
I ponder this same thing every off-season.
Why the **** am I doing this?

It gets harder and harder every year.

I'm not even THAT old, but when a coach questioned our toughness, we took on an "oh yeah, I'll show you" approach. We didn't crawl into a shell and cry about it.
Society today embraces victimhood.

"Wah, my coach/teacher is picking on me. Let me run away instead of proving them wrong."

I started coaching in 07-08 and today I have to coach kids with a completely different approach than I did back then. It has happened that fast. Saban actually spoke about this very subject at a clinic a few years ago. He doesn't even coach kids the same as he used to.

Today's kid is very emotional. They carry a lot of feminine tendencies. Lack of emotional regulation, lack of accountability, entitlement, lack of gratitude, etc. If you're a coach in today's world then it's very likely that you've had to alter the way you speak to these kids, or what YOU were used to as a kid.

We're doing a really good job of breeding soft young men who can't handle criticism or adversity. SMH

We've got high school coaches out here who are scared to coach certain kids hard because they fear that he'll transfer. It's that bad.

Advertisement
Back