Everyone loves The Pirate, right?

Advertisement
I don’t know why anybody would want to coach now in this society and having to deal with these soft *** drama laden kids. The stories I hear is something from a day care lol. No amount of money could make me step into that world .

While I tend to agree with you, I do find it pretty amusing that this is happening with Leach. I'm sure Leach isn't the first (and won't be the last) coach to tell a kid he isn't tough, but this is the first time I've ever seen a coach called out for it like this. Given Leach's history, I would bet that he tends to overplay the "tough enough" card.

Kid ran for some good average yardage on an SEC team. If he handles himself well in an interview with a prospective new team, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get another chance. We can pretty much guess that he's going to be highly motivated to show Leach up with some solid future performances at his new home.

This is one I'm gonna want to monitor. And laugh about if the kid does well at his next stop.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Personally I think the college world is a horrific line of work. Having to suck up to these kids and get them paid and recruit them. Now you gotta recruit your own players while coddling them. Plus if ur not saban you will get fired. College head coach gotta be the worst job in this country
College head coaches are paid the durations of their contracts whether they're employed or not, so it can't be that bad.

College head coaches are paid the durations of their contracts whether they're employed or not, so it can't be that bad.
I’m exaggerating a little obviously. The pay is great. But man the job. It’s tough recruiting with the portal now. Gotta recruit high school, the portal and ur team

I don’t know why anybody would want to coach now in this society and having to deal with these soft *** drama laden kids. The stories I hear is something from a day care lol. No amount of money could make me step into that world .
Obviously can only speak for myself. The kids that really get it and buy in make it worth it. There are definitely those 3 kids on every team that make you question your life decisions.

Advertisement
This...I just got offered an off the field job at a school and didn't even hesitate to say no.

Sounds like leach was coaching him hard and trying to raise his game to another level like a good coach should do.

If you can’t take the heat in the kitchen GTFo

or go in the shed

I used to think college coaching salaries were too inflated and they made more money then they should but now I feel they don't get paid enough...Well let's be honest either way they get paid enough... But **** what a tough job!!!

Advertisement
It's bad man.

I used to think college coaching salaries were too inflated and they made more money then they should but now I feel they don't get paid enough...Well let's be honest either way they get paid enough... But **** what a tough job!!!
No, they make more than enough to deal with it. Now the educators who have to put up with this behavior, are another story.

Yeah that’s one where you write it out if you need to blow off some steam, but don’t hit send lol.

Advertisement
Back