Everyone back on the Kaaya Train now?!

Advertisement
Sorry guys, but against good defenses, Kaaya can be pressured. Contrast this with The Frenchman, who can perform under pressure and win for his team. Kaaya beat a putrid Pitt defense yesterday.

Jacory. >. Bard Kaayak

Pitt has one of the best front 4's in the country and also the ACC's sack leader... putrid is definitely not Pitt's defense

Sorry guys, but against good defenses, Kaaya can be pressured. Contrast this with The Frenchman, who can perform under pressure and win for his team. Kaaya beat a putrid Pitt defense yesterday.

Jacory. >. Bard Kaayak

Pitt has one of the best front 4's in the country and also the ACC's sack leader... putrid is definitely not Pitt's defense

There are 128 D1A programs. 125 of them have given up fewer passing yards than Pitt this year. If that's not putrid, I'm not sure what is.

Kaayak isn't really a good diss. Think we could do better

Advertisement
Brad did great as did Richt. Hopefully they will continue doing well the rest of the season.

He played great today. Give it a break for a week.

I have a solid game on Madden every now and then too. Doesn't mean I'm any good. Just means my buddy is turrible. Like Bard Kayak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:q3XKXeX:

It's likely you're not very good, because you don't understand football.

Kaaya had an actual pocket this game and that's why he made plays (including scrambling for 10 yards).. If you watch the highlights (and pause after the snap) you'll see max protection with TEs and RBs staying in to block (7 or 8 offensive players blocking 4,5, or at times 6) so the kid could do what he does. Against a man look it doesn't change the coverage in the secondary so there's no drawback to keeping extra guys in to block.

I know people on this site think things magically got figured out or this performance was an anomaly, but it was just changing protection and it could have been done sooner. I think more options were appealing initially because of the skill talent on the roster, but if the OL can't create time, to throw talent and options are moot (took 4 games to figure that out I guess).

https://youtu.be/Eer2kN6kt0Q

This max protection keeps 3 guys running routes and simplifies the reads (sometimes to half the field) while creating more time, which with Brad's accuracy is just what the doctor ordered. Richt has done this before going back to his FSU years and I'm not surprised by it now, but I wonder why it took this long to implement with the OL known to be the weakest position group. If we start the year this way I think we have a much better record. I expect better execution offensively with this subtle tweak of the scheme moving forward.

Last edited:
He played great today. Give it a break for a week.

I have a solid game on Madden every now and then too. Doesn't mean I'm any good. Just means my buddy is turrible. Like Bard Kayak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:q3XKXeX:

It's likely you're not very good, because you don't understand football.

Kaaya had an actual pocket this game and that's why he made plays (including scrambling for 10 yards).. If you watch the highlights (and pause after the snap) you'll see max protection with TE and RBs staying in to block (7 offensive players blocking 4,5, or at times 6) so the kid could do what he does. Against a man look it doesn't change the coverage in the secondary so there's no drawback to keeping extra guys in to block.

I know people on this site think things magically got figured out or this performance was an anomaly, but it was just changing protection and it could have been done sooner. It think more options were appealing initially because of all the skill talent on the roster, but if the OL can't create time to throw talent and options are moot (took 4 games to figure that out I guess).

https://youtu.be/Eer2kN6kt0Q

This max protection keeps 3 guys running routes and simplifies the reads (sometimes to half the field) while creating more time, which with Brad's accuracy is just what the doctor ordered. Richt has done this before going back to his FSU years and I'm not surprised by it now, but I wonder why it took this long to implement with the OL known to be the weakest position group. If we start the year this way I think we have a much better record. I expect better execution offensively with this subtle tweak of the scheme moving forward.

At 00:20s and 13:40s they keep 8 guys (2 receivers running routes) in to block because Richards has man coverage on the outside and they know Brad just needs time to make a throw. It brilliantly shows Richt's ability to draw up and call plays.

If you know what you're looking at, (and can...count) you'll see Richt drew up some nice plays and made some great calls this week.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back