Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

Advertisement
I live in WA state and would love for the Canes to inherit Petersen but lets be honest, a PNW guy - Boise and UW isn’t coming 3000 miles to Miami, just isn’t gonna happen. Remember 5 years ago everyone had been trying to get this guy and only when the local Big school had an opening did he finally leave.
Are the locals really calling for Petersen’s head? Geez how quickly they forget how terrible the teams were under Sarkisian’s drunk *** and even worse and unwatchable under Willingham. Heck, Willingham had an 0-11 season I believe which finally got him canned. Anyhow I digress, Petersen in no shape way or form is going to Miami, FL

Yes. They really are. The local beat writers say he is overrated and wasting the talent. Ordinarily no chance at Petersen, but since UW fans have turned on him, he might be receptive. Worth kicking the tires at least.

Advertisement
Yes. They really are. The local beat writers say he is overrated and wasting the talent. Ordinarily no chance at Petersen, but since UW fans have turned on him, he might be receptive. Worth kicking the tires at least.
Oh absolutely, if Petersen were willing and available I’d punt Diaz to the curb in a heartbeat. I’d want a young and up & comer for DC but I at least know Petersen will extract every ounce of talent out of the QB; Zabransky, Moore, Browning, Browne etc

I wanted Leach or Babers. Neither guy is having a great year but I’ve been convinced we need an offensive mind.

Good news is that Leach wanted the job twice. I'd bet money he would accept the job in a heartbeat.

Bad news is the clown show admin at Miami wouldn't even consider him.

I live in WA state and would love for the Canes to inherit Petersen but lets be honest, a PNW guy - Boise and UW isn’t coming 3000 miles to Miami, just isn’t gonna happen. Remember 5 years ago everyone had been trying to get this guy and only when the local Big school had an opening did he finally leave.
Are the locals really calling for Petersen’s head? Geez how quickly they forget how terrible the teams were under Sarkisian’s drunk *** and even worse and unwatchable under Willingham. Heck, Willingham had an 0-11 season I believe which finally got him canned. Anyhow I digress, Petersen in no shape way or form is going to Miami, FL

These were all before the Oregon loss today. Only going to get worse.

"Chris Petersen is living off a reputation he no longer deserves, and the only title Washington is going to win any time soon is as the nation’s most disappointing program."

You would take Campbell over Petersen? I don't think that would be wise.

Washington isn’t going to fire Petersen. He’s done well at Washington, but CIS fans are still in love with him from his days at Boise and the classic bowl game against Oklahoma. Hiring him is a pipe dream.

Hiring Campbell is my pipe dream. He’s a young up-and-coming HC who checks all the boxes. Won in the MAC, jumped to Big12 and is winning at Iowa State. He may have reached a ceiling in Ames, IA.

Despite the last decade-plus of incompetence Miami still has access to some of the best talent in the nation. Unfortunately, the school lacks the vision to regain the success last enjoyed nearly 20 years ago.

Advertisement
Washington isn’t going to fire Petersen. He’s done well at Washington, but CIS fans are still in love with him from his days at Boise and the classic bowl game against Oklahoma. Hiring him is a pipe dream.

Hiring Campbell is my pipe dream. He’s a young up-and-coming HC who checks all the boxes. Won in the MAC, jumped to Big12 and is winning at Iowa State. He may have reached a ceiling in Ames, IA.

Despite the last decade-plus of incompetence Miami still has access to some of the best talent in the nation. Unfortunately, the school lacks the vision to regain the success last enjoyed nearly 20 years ago.

Campbell isn't my first choice, but I could live with it. Leach is #1 on the "realistic" list. If you are looking at who has done more with less, I believe Leach has, by far, the most wins in college football against teams with higher recruiting ratings. In the Pac 12 alone, he has 15 victories over higher rated teams, next closest is Wittingham at Utah with 5. Plus I would enjoy seeing the Pirate telling Blake James to walk the plank.

J Williams in a Mike Leach offense would be a Heisman candidate.

Campbell isn't my first choice, but I could live with it. Leach is #1 on the "realistic" list. If you are looking at who has done more with less, I believe Leach has, by far, the most wins in college football against teams with higher recruiting ratings. In the Pac 12 alone, he has 15 victories over higher rated teams, next closest is Wittingham at Utah with 5. Plus I would enjoy seeing the Pirate telling Blake James to walk the plank.

J Williams in a Mike Leach offense would be a Heisman candidate.

With Leach as HC, Miami would at least be entertaining AF.

Advertisement
Manny is the worst Head coach in cfb history. Mark Richt would’ve blown out this GaTech team with his offense and his son as the QB coach’s.
[
Would have destroyed them for over 250 yards with the inside zone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Campbell’s lack of recruiting reputation on the trail is a red flag for me. Reminds me of Fuente at Memphis.

I don’t mind a coach with an average reputation on the trail if he’s established himself as an elite offensive mind (like Leach). But Campbell isn’t that guy.

The problem is we don’t have winners at the top in terms of leadership, starting with the BOT on down. Why Blake James has been allowed to stay at the helm is beyond any sort of logical reasoning.

Blake is a complete loser and continues to make garbage hires. He picks coaches off of emotion instead of objective data. He doesn’t know how to identify a winner, and he also doesn’t understand situational hires.

We’ve had multiple failed hires, so he goes and hires someone off of the same failed staff that he just fired which is unheard of. A coach who everyone knew would have a hard time putting together a decent staff.

Blake had a perfect opportunity to change the program. Richt gift-wrapped this for us. He resigned and didn’t make us pay out the contract. Literally, the greatest gift that any coach in the same situation could have made, and Blake fumbled it away.

Now we have a young coach who is cutting his teeth at our program again like all the other failed coaches we have hired since Butch left. If Manny fires everyone, he’s going to have a hard time hiring other coaches to come without overpaying them because they won’t trust that he’ll survive his contract. I doubt he resigns anyhow. He won’t, and I’m not sure he should. He’s programmed to do the best he can. It’s up to Blake and the BOT to judge his accomplishments or lack thereof and make a call. It’s the same debacle being repeated over and over. The more we fire people repeatedly the less attractive UM becomes for coaches.

We used to be a program that would hire coaches from other programs who were game-changers. That ended with Erickson. In our most desperate time, we hired an NFL guy who had the best eye for talent that we’ve ever seen but no experience. A rare hire that took years of patience to come to fruition.

The only other time I can think of a head coach making wholesale changes after his first year was JJ, but the coaches he fired after he went 8-5 weren’t his guys. These are Manny’s guys. So now what?

Manny needs a mentor, someone who can help him make the right hires after this season because I think we are stuck with him for at least 1-2 more years.

The reality is that if Manny continues to fail, the program will need a hard reset, a full change from top to bottom. The program will need a new AD that an incoming coach can trust, and they need to hire a coach with an intact staff that has a track record of winning and overachieving.
Good stuff...agreed.

Our players are soft. Both Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech were more physical than us. Manny needs time to build his team, so firing him now would be silly and we would attract **** for a coach. I would like to see Manny given at least five years, like most other coaches.
No way man...are you delusional? GTFOH Andrew...stop being a homer....for 18 years, we've all seen this movie on repeat...all you are asking for is to delay the inevitable....5 years?????🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Campbell’s lack of recruiting reputation on the trail is a red flag for me. Reminds me of Fuente at Memphis.

I don’t mind a coach with an average reputation on the trail if he’s established himself as an elite offensive mind (like Leach). But Campbell isn’t that guy.
Our next guy HAS to know how to do both and if they can’t then they ain’t the guy

Advertisement
Back