Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

The chain argument is dumb. Plus Bama has a turnover belt and they were the first to do it.

OK still runs out sooner schooner; PSU still has white outs, UF still does that chomp; Clemson still rubs the rock; AL still says roll tide; OSU still dots the i; aTm still has a 12th man… whether they win or lose.

The chain motivates the team.

Problem is we need 80 Jimmy Murphy’s and KJ Obsorns..... and we have ..... well...

Advertisement
Such a dumb and simplistic view of things. To be expected here.

Manny and company need work, but even when our players were in a position to make a play, they didn't more often than not.

Players have been tacking since they were kids, now they can't even do that consistently. They take **** angles, run into each other, etc. Kicking, don't even get me started.

Players accountability around here is close to zero. I saw a team that had multiple opportunities to seize the moment and failed to do so.

Enos though, he's gotta go.

None of these kids are worried about their playing time getting cut. There is no fear in our program — Donaldson should have been told in May “you don’t drop 20 lbs by season, you are losing playing time”

Hasn’t changed since Coker

This works when you have depth

Advertisement
Our players are soft. Both Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech were more physical than us. Manny needs time to build his team, so firing him now would be silly and we would attract **** for a coach. I would like to see Manny given at least five years, like most other coaches.

You should be committed to a mental institution. He built half the fooking team. He needs to go, he wont be fired, but he should be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
D$,

Do you think the BOT would fire Manny in year 1?

What would it take for some serious changes to happen to this program?

This season is going to absolutely decimate our recruiting for the 2021 & 22 classes, something has to be done.
Does the university still collect a check from the ACC?

The more frightening question is who in their right mind would take the gig if they cleaned house?

The program might actually be beyond repair. Someone would have to do a complete rebuild and this fan base will not allow that to happen.

Advertisement
I get your point, but when UNC converted a fourth and 17 #55 and #56 were on the field. So maybe number 34, and his ability - or lack thereof, isn’t really as much of a liability as the person calling the defensive schemes (re: Baker, B.). Again, Miami’s more talented players are routinely throttled week in and week out by players placed in the right scheme to stifle Miami, and those players are probably Ragone-level talent sometimes.

but, as we both know, recruiting is a coaching responsibility, not a player responsibility.

We also don’t execute in general. A percentage on the coaches. A percentage on the players.

Advertisement
Just FYI- up in Seattle the fans and media want Petersen fired immediately. I would be quite happy if Miami took him off their hands. We aren't getting Meyer, but Petersen would be a great consolation prize.
I live in WA state and would love for the Canes to inherit Petersen but lets be honest, a PNW guy - Boise and UW isn’t coming 3000 miles to Miami, just isn’t gonna happen. Remember 5 years ago everyone had been trying to get this guy and only when the local Big school had an opening did he finally leave.
Are the locals really calling for Petersen’s head? Geez how quickly they forget how terrible the teams were under Sarkisian’s drunk *** and even worse and unwatchable under Willingham. Heck, Willingham had an 0-11 season I believe which finally got him canned. Anyhow I digress, Petersen in no shape way or form is going to Miami, FL

I live in WA state and would love for the Canes to inherit Petersen but lets be honest, a PNW guy - Boise and UW isn’t coming 3000 miles to Miami, just isn’t gonna happen. Remember 5 years ago everyone had been trying to get this guy and only when the local Big school had an opening did he finally leave.
Are the locals really calling for Petersen’s head? Geez how quickly they forget how terrible the teams were under Sarkisian’s drunk *** and even worse and unwatchable under Willingham. Heck, Willingham had an 0-11 season I believe which finally got him canned. Anyhow I digress, Petersen in no shape way or form is going to Miami, FL
Dennis Erickson is a PNW guy.

The "he'll never come here" trope is beyond absurd. Everything is negotiable. Everyone is for sale. I'm going to say that line until people understand that it's literally how everything in this country works.

Advertisement
Back