Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

Your comment on Richt is complete bias. Future, Richt could easily land an HC gig if desired. Also saying Diaz can't be included in a list of ex-coaches.

Not biased at all, his offense was horrendous and he resigned rather then make the changes he needed to.

If he would have been a CEO, hired a real OC and let him chose the staff, he would have had a good chance to succeed.

Advertisement
It was our talent base but that’s gone too. That’s why we needed to get an offensive guru that could out scheme his opponents. Our talent advantage isn’t what it used to be but it’s still better than any team not named FSU and Clemson. With a real Xs and Os guy on offense this program could have been a top ten program consistently.

Our success is based on getting a cutting edge offensive mind not some “Miami guy.” We haven’t hired a solid coach since butch and evidently we lucked into his hiring.

Who are we outscheming with that lineup out there today?

We aren’t good man.

I don't care enough to actually do an in depth analysis, but if we go back to 2017 we won a bunch of one score games, then we went 7-5 and now the bottom fell off.
Maybe we should have seen this coming, because the signs were there

Bot, ad, president, entire staph, and at least half of the roster need to go
THIS! The sum total of this bunch is just total and complete incompetence. Like I’ve said before, where is this sky-high tuition money plus what we steal from the ACC going? It isn’t going into academics or athletics, that’s for sure! Whole administration and BOT should be investigated by someone with authority.

Advertisement
Elite coaches can get athletes where ever they coach (Clemson, Bama, Ohio State).
We’re not going to get Bama level talent, we can get enough talent to win the coastal easily, be a top ten team and compete with Clemson and FSU for the ACC. We get our share of talented players, but we just like any other program need a good coach.

Put it this way, if we hired Dan Mullen instead of Diaz, we would be undefeated or have one loss right now.

Once upon a time, 5x national champs.

Now dead last in sacks allowed and cant find a kicker who can hit 30 yard FGs.

Miami football
f6c.jpg

We’re not going to get Bama level talent, we can get enough talent to win the coastal easily, be a top ten team and compete with Clemson and FSU for the ACC. We get our share of talented players, but we just like any other program need a good coach.

Put it this way, if we hired Dan Mullen instead of Diaz, we would be undefeated or have one loss right now.

Mullen is a more proven coach, so the odds are is that his performance would be better. Still, it continues to prove my point, we need elite coaches to win at Miami. The same can be said for literally every other school.

Advertisement
This just isn't true. Players will never look good if they aren't put in positions to succeed.

There are plenty of players ****ed about what is going on. What are they supposed to do, punch the bad coaches and show them whose boss?
No. They will enter the Portal after this season. This team is going to be decimated by transfers after this season.

Elite coaches can get athletes where ever they coach (Clemson, Bama, Ohio State).

I'm not sure what that even means. Yes, those programs gets elite recruits.

We aren't competing with those teams right now (maybe ever again). We are talking about Miami vs VTech, GTech, UNC, Virginia, Duke. We have and will continue to get better players then those schools. And yet for the last 15 years we can't win the **** division.

Why? Horrible hire, after horrible hire by an athletic department that isn't equipt to run a major football program. And those bad hires, hire mediocre OC/DCs

Advertisement
[QUOTE="Andrew, post: 4278928, member: 1"
I can imagine Saban's initial press conference would go like...

Saban: First thing first, the chain is gone -it doesn't help us win

Saban: Second thing, everyone ******* listen when I talk
[/QUOTE]

Sadly. The chain is all that works.

Mullen is a more proven coach, so the odds are is that his performance would be better. Still, it continues to prove my point, we need elite coaches to win at Miami. The same can be said for literally every other school.
Correct. He fell in our lap twice and twice we said no. Don’t know what else to say.

Advertisement
One is still our coach, so he can't become a head coach again until he leaves. Another (Richt) could easily get a head coaching gig if he wanted too. This leaves Golden and Shannon, and Golden has been rumored for several jobs and probably wouldn't have issues landing them. Shannon has been the only coach that seems undesirable.

Manny would fall under that category if he fails here.

That wasn't the point of my post. My point is that we have no advantage because it takes an elite coach to win at Miami. Elite coaches can win anywhere.

Elite coaches win above their talent level but still can't win NC everywhere. See Saban at MichSt or a Miami example, Jimmy Johnson or Dennis Erickson.

Advertisement
Back