Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

Our players are soft. Both Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech were more physical than us. Manny needs time to build his team, so firing him now would be silly and we would attract **** for a coach. I would like to see Manny given at least five years, like most other coaches.
Sorry but you sound like a clown saying this. Everything in an organization begins with the person in charge, if players are soft it’s cause the coaches allow them to be, if they’re going through the motions it’s cause they’re allowed to.

Advertisement
Sure, we can always blame the coaches, but isn't Miami suppose to be the one place that anyone can succeed? If it takes an Urban Myer to win at Miami then Miami has no bigger of an advantage than Ohio State.
It’s a myth. The four that succeeded brought something to the table. Schnelly with the offense, Jimmy defense, Ericsson offense, butch recruiting. 3 of the four were great recruiters. You have to be a great coach to succeed at Miami just like any other program. Anyone that says otherwise is a wrong

I am okay with that now

I will repeat. No player on this team has that “dog” in them. How do I know? If they did, you would see more disruption. What would an Ed Reed, Irvin, Ray Lewis or even an Al Blades have been looking like on the sideline, in the locker room or at the facility. It would have been ugly. These guys at complacent with how things are. No dogs bro.

This just isn't true. Players will never look good if they aren't put in positions to succeed.

There are plenty of players ****ed about what is going on. What are they supposed to do, punch the bad coaches and show them whose boss?

1. can’t disagree on your first point
2. even if they’re overrated by this site, there’s not a team Miami has lost to this year where the opposing coaching staff wouldn’t trade his squad for Miami’s. FACTS.
3. you’re overstating your point to leap to “agenda’s”… again, see point #2.
4. Inexperienced would be an upgrade, these coaches are ******.

THIS IS A COACHING FAILURE.

I think we are generally in the same place.

We suck.

Advertisement
Only Coker ever became a HC again (UTSA)

One is still our coach, so he can't become a head coach again until he leaves. Another (Richt) could easily get a head coaching gig if he wanted too. This leaves Golden and Shannon, and Golden has been rumored for several jobs and probably wouldn't have issues landing them. Shannon has been the only coach that seems undesirable.

Sure, we can always blame the coaches, but isn't Miami suppose to be the one place that anyone can succeed? If it takes an Urban Myer to win at Miami then Miami has no bigger of an advantage than Ohio State.

Failing at Miami is a death sentence. That’s why none of our former coaches get head coaching jobs, unlike Muschamp or McElwain.

It’s a myth. The four that succeeded brought something to the table. Schnelly with the offense, Jimmy defense, Ericsson offense, butch recruiting. 3 of the four were great recruiters. You have to be a great coach to succeed at Miami just like any other program. Anyone that says otherwise is a wrong

I agree.

So, so what's our advantage if it comes down to having a NFL level coach?

Coker
Shannon
Golden
Richt
Diaz

I guess we are going to wait until we hit 30 coaches to finally rule them out as the main problem.

Look at that list

Coker-retired, best job he got was HC of UTSA
Shannon- DC at UCF
Golden- LB coach of the Lions
Richt- resigned bc he doesn't understand modern offense
Diaz- same as above

Advertisement
Failing at Miami is a death sentence. That’s why none of out former coaches get head coaching jobs, unlike Muschamp orMcElwain.

That wasn't the point of my post. My point is that we have no advantage because it takes an elite coach to win at Miami. Elite coaches can win anywhere.

Look at that list

Coker-retired, best job he got was HC of UTSA
Shannon- DC at UCF
Golden- LB coach of the Lions
Richt- resigned bc he doesn't understand modern offense
Diaz- same as above

Your comment on Richt is complete bias. Future, Richt could easily land an HC gig if desired. Also saying Diaz can't be included in a list of ex-coaches.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We’re not disagreeing. I just don’t want to let those I feel are most responsible off the hook.

Same. But I’m tired of hearing we have Sunday players.... Don’t give a **** about Sunday... they need to play for Saturday.., and three of the best we have at it we’re out most of the game and most are acting like that didn’t happen today...

I agree.

So, so what's our advantage if it comes down to having a NFL level coach?
It was our talent base but that’s gone too. That’s why we needed to get an offensive guru that could out scheme his opponents. Our talent advantage isn’t what it used to be but it’s still better than any team not named FSU and Clemson. With a real Xs and Os guy on offense this program could have been a top ten program consistently.

Our success is based on getting a cutting edge offensive mind not some “Miami guy.” We haven’t hired a solid coach since butch and evidently we lucked into his hiring.

Even Linda Lovelace would have a hard time swallowing, this one.
Why did we miss 3 field goals ?
Because our staff can't coach or place the kids in position to score TD's.

Advertisement
Back