Every Coach in the Nation is In S FL

You can really tell who the recruiting noobs are in this thread and who just likes to beyotch for the sake of beyotching.

So you are saying so far the 2015 class is a success? How many defensive studs are we getting? How man blue chips have we lost? How many decommits have we had? Sure some people will complain about anything but to say that it takes any kind of recruiting "expert" such as yourself to know that this class and historically all of Golden's finishes have been, are, and will continue to be lack luster if not down right laughable.

Boy oh boy, you sure make a lot of assumptions and in the process identified yourself as one of those recruiting noobs I was talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
To elaborate on what I was saying earlier, I'm sure Al and company know mostly who's coming and who they still have a shot at.

He's only allowed so many in home visits with a recruit (I believe it's one, but may be two) and I'd bet most of the locals we still have a shot on have already had their visit. I've followed recruiting since Coker and every single coach we've had since that time usually makes their out of state trips this time of year.

Al as a coach is terrible as we all know. I also never subscribed to the idea that he was some good or even great recruiter which people tried peddling when he came here. That thought originated with Tom Lemming, someone I've always thought was suspect as ****.

Yes, our recruitment of the local talent base hasn't been anything special and on paper today for this year, it's downright horrendous. We as fans wouldn't even send our kids here now, but we expect miracles to happen with Al changing minds and landing local studs at the final hour? Huh, how does that make sense and as I alluded to earlier they know who we've still got a chance with?

This isn't NCAA Football '15 and you make all the choices on who to recruit while usually landing them. Some have eliminated us and as others have said, they see a dead man walking. At least he's out there looking the part, hopefully the western trip pays off as it has with former coaches this time of the year, but I'm not holding my breath that it will.

His sorry *** better be in Cali after Green and Scott! I know they won't be impressed as soon as they remember seeing that static DT scheme! He'll go 0 for out there and Jethro just black dude window dressing! FYI, Goldie locks no better than a C-minus recruiter and that's graceful considering he in a recruiters goldmine.

To elaborate on what I was saying earlier, I'm sure Al and company know mostly who's coming and who they still have a shot at.

He's only allowed so many in home visits with a recruit (I believe it's one, but may be two) and I'd bet most of the locals we still have a shot on have already had their visit. I've followed recruiting since Coker and every single coach we've had since that time usually makes their out of state trips this time of year.

Al as a coach is terrible as we all know. I also never subscribed to the idea that he was some good or even great recruiter which people tried peddling when he came here. That thought originated with Tom Lemming, someone I've always thought was suspect as ****.

Yes, our recruitment of the local talent base hasn't been anything special and on paper today for this year, it's downright horrendous. We as fans wouldn't even send our kids here now, but we expect miracles to happen with Al changing minds and landing local studs at the final hour? Huh, how does that make sense and as I alluded to earlier they know who we've still got a chance with?

This isn't NCAA Football '15 and you make all the choices on who to recruit while usually landing them. Some have eliminated us and as others have said, they see a dead man walking. At least he's out there looking the part, hopefully the western trip pays off as it has with former coaches this time of the year, but I'm not holding my breath that it will.

I was never saying he should land top recruits in the last minute. I am saying he can't hold onto his commits, and he overlooks players that have said they will commit to UM if offered, the guy from Louisianna that has a teammate commited forget his name. He also doesnt offer kids like Talon and other legit talent players locally. I think recruiting Greene while in CA was a waste of time and almost any other kid from Serra with a USC offer. We might be able to get some CA kids with Kaaya and Milo but totally avoiding Texas to go recruit kids from Serra with USC offers is a waste of time.

Advertisement
You just never know in recruiting. Recruits say crap all the time and half of it is bs. They get caught off guard with questions, enjoy playing the game of keeping everyone guessing, and to be honest some aren't the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree.

For whatever reason he does what he does, it's probably based on something tangible....at least in his mind.

Since most of the home visits to verbally committed recruits are already done, who's to really say why we keep losing some. I'd bet it's mostly due to our last for games and a season as a whole since when you're out of visits, you're left with calls and texts that can be done from anywhere on the planet.

You just never know in recruiting. Recruits say crap all the time and half of it is bs. They get caught off guard with questions, enjoy playing the game of keeping everyone guessing, and to be honest some aren't the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree.

For whatever reason he does what he does, it's probably based on something tangible....at least in his mind.

Since most of the home visits to verbally committed recruits are already done, who's to really say why we keep losing some. I'd bet it's mostly due to our last for games and a season as a whole since when you're out of visits, you're left with calls and texts that can be done from anywhere on the planet.

I agree. His record and the way he handles these kids is his biggest issues. The way he did Cronkite is a bad look no matter what, then they go back and try and get him again wasting time. We will see how this shakes out I just think he is not a good recruiter, coach, or trustworthy.

I'm with you, in particular the set of adjectives you used to describe him.

I've never been one for excuses with recruiting. Simply put, it's salesmanship. Kid doesn't want to come here, change his mind. Al and company haven't shown as much of that as I'd like.

Yep. And it's the dumbest strategy I've ever heard of. The university is surrounded by stud recruits yet he decides let me go to New Jersey and Cali first. The guy is as dumb as they come when it concerns football

Right...so you are telling me he hasn't tried to recruit and won't be recruiting any studs until he gets back from his trip?

Golden is coaching Div1 football in a major conference and you're not. I would venture to say he has more of a clue than you think.

4-7 vs FBS teams. He had 11 2015 kids with a NFL grade. Second only to FSU. You sir are wrong.

Lot of people on here are fans and are mostly clueless.

Yeah, I know what the record is. I know how many NFL prospects we had. 4-7 is not good enough for Miami period. Should Golden be let go? Yes, probably. Does the man know how to recruit? Yes, and has proven so. Even with this record, he will sell on Miami's future and will still pull in a decent class.

Good recruiter? You are out of your mind. How many decommits this year? How many 5* has he ever landed? How many top So. Fla recruits has he wiffed, been passed over by, or not even offered? GTFO

A good recruiter means being able to identify talent (kids not always ranked high) and also pulling in high ranking kids. Golden has three 5 stars under his belt according to rivals and he has also pulled a lot of underrated guys who have overachieved including some who may not no longer be with the team. All in all, not a great recruiter but his teams have been ranked in Rivals 9, 20, and 12 out of 123 teams in the last 3 years and this was done with subpar records and the Shapiro fiasco. So, yes, I would say he's a good recruiter and kindly SMB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back