Even with ALL the other issues....

Even though this is about execution and not dumb luck, it still is pretty bad luck lol. You have to almost try to **** up as bad as we have.
From the JT muff to the McKickin' blocked 25 yard FG. It's been an avalanche of "mind-numbing 50/50 decisions" as Manny put it. There hasn't been anything that's gone our way through 7 games. Not a thing. It's a cursed team and program playing on an indian burial ground.

Advertisement
Even though this is about execution and not dumb luck, it still is pretty bad luck lol. You have to almost try to **** up as bad as we have.
From the JT muff to the McKickin' blocked 25 yard FG. It's been an avalanche of "mind-numbing 50/50 decisions" as Manny put it. There hasn't been anything that's gone our way through 7 games. Not a thing. It's a cursed team and program playing on an indian burial ground.

It really has been incredible. I've said the same many times. You almost have to try to have this much **** go against you. But, it all does fall to the staff and players. We just never make anything easy on ourselves.

I struggle with that, although my thoughts on it are far too vast to type here.

But bottom line, they have games right there for the taking and can't take them. Execution in those moments has to be better, and that's on everyone's shoulders.

It's incredibly frustrating. Take the Florida game...we got a pick, returned to the UF 25 yard line, with 4 minutes left in the game. Absolutely inexcusable to not take the lead at that point. That's what almost any team with a pulse would do at that point in the game. Instead, being the Miami Hurricanes, we get a stupid penalty, then fall into a comedy of errors, culminating in a 10 play drive that gained no yards (actually technically lost 2).

I was willing to forgive, considering that it was Jarren's first start and UF has the best defense we would see all year...but fast forward to now and we have watched us choke away games time after time.

Well coached teams don't do those things. Instead, it seems like for years we cannot get over the hump. I used to crush Kaaya for not being clutch, now it just seems to be a symptom of the whole program rather than just the triggerman.

Ahhhh I just hate it all.

I disagree.

Agaisnt UF, UF was driving in our red zone about to go up 14-0 and Franks fumbles.

Against VT, the hail mary pass before halftime gave us some life and got us back in the game.

Against GT, they fumble near our redzone as they are driving down the field to take the lead.

We have consistently come out flat and we have consistently stalled on offense in the redzone. We aren't cursed we just aren't very good.

In a normal season with a decent team, we win 2 lose 2.
In a great season OR lucky team we win 3 or 4 (golden was 7-0 one year...)
In a ****** season with a poor team we lose 3
With Manny we somehow lost 4

Normally you win at least 2 of those and we are suddenly 5-2, on pace for 9+ win season and most of the fan base is reasonably content wondering "what if" we made 2 more plays and were 7-0.

Not defending Manny cause you have to own your record, but a decent kicker takes him to 5-2. That said, GT & VT should have NEVER come down to this. A good team would have blown them out.

Manny and Enos deserve major blame here. Players also deserve some blame. No "clutch" players on offense who can carry this team outside of maybe DJ. Someone has got to step up and make a play.

Meh

Advertisement
It's incredibly frustrating. Take the Florida game...we got a pick, returned to the UF 25 yard line, with 4 minutes left in the game. Absolutely inexcusable to not take the lead at that point. That's what almost any team with a pulse would do at that point in the game. Instead, being the Miami Hurricanes, we get a stupid penalty, then fall into a comedy of errors, culminating in a 10 play drive that gained no yards (actually technically lost 2).

I was willing to forgive, considering that it was Jarren's first start and UF has the best defense we would see all year...but fast forward to now and we have watched us choke away games time after time.

Well coached teams don't do those things. Instead, it seems like for years we cannot get over the hump. I used to crush Kaaya for not being clutch, now it just seems to be a symptom of the whole program rather than just the triggerman.

Ahhhh I just hate it all.

Great post. But in 2017, Rosier was "clutch". (OK, maybe lucky?). Was he better than Perry and Williams? Was Richt better than Enos?

As frustrated as I am, I just cannot join the full on mob mentality around here and say this is the worst thing that's ever happened when I sat and watched Mark D'Onofrio call defense for 5 years and watched Miami get blown out of stadiums multiple times in the 1st quarter. This team is nowhere near elite, to where we're just drubbing these average to bad ACC teams, but they're right there with winning these games, which is what we all really wanted and expected. How the **** do we get that last little push to get over the hump in some of these games?

….this is really insane when you think about it:

Game 1 -- Down 24-20. Ball 1st and 10 on the UF 24 with 1:00 left. Need a TD to win. Lose the game 24-20.
Game 2 -- Down 28-25. Ball 1st and 10 on the UNC 32 with 0:32 left. Need a FG to tie, TD to win. Lose the game 28-25.
Game 5 -- Down 42-35. Ball 1st and 10 on the VT 11 with 0:11 left. Need a TD to tie. Lose the game 42-25.
Game 7 -- Tied 21-21. Ball 1st and 10 on the GT 11 with 2:08 left. Need a FG to win. Lose the game 28-21 in overtime.

NOW....this doesn't excuse the fact that we're even in these situations against teams like VT and GT, but **** is that frustrating. How can you look yourself in the mirror if you're a member of that offense or FG team? You had FOUR games completely in your control, regardless of what happened the previous 58+ minutes, and you failed every single time.
Bingo

Game 1 -- Down 24-20. Ball 1st and 10 on the UF 24 with 1:00 left. Need a TD to win. Lose the game 24-20.
Baxa missed a chip shot, we should have been kicking for the win.
Game 2 -- Down 28-25. Ball 1st and 10 on the UNC 32 with 0:32 left. Need a FG to tie, TD to win. Lose the game 28-25.
Bubba missed a 26 yarder and had a PAT blocked. Missed a 49 yarder to tie at the end.
Game 5 -- Down 42-35. Ball 1st and 10 on the VT 11 with 0:11 left. Need a TD to tie. Lose the game 42-25.
Bubba missed the PAT, we should have been driving to win by 1.
Game 7 -- Tied 21-21. Ball 1st and 10 on the GT 11 with 2:08 left. Need a FG to win. Lose the game 28-21 in overtime.
0-3 on kicking FGs this game, all chip shots or 30 yard attempts.

Still, we should be winning these games by 10 at least, without worrying about the kicking game.

….this is really insane when you think about it:

NOW....this doesn't excuse the fact that we're even in these situations against teams like VT and GT, but **** is that frustrating. How can you look yourself in the mirror if you're a member of that offense or FG team? You had FOUR games completely in your control, regardless of what happened the previous 58+ minutes, and you failed every single time.

It’s the payback from when we sold our souls for the 10 win season a couple ago and won all those super close games.

Advertisement
There's no doubt about it. There are some things this team has done well. Probably more it has not....but VERY high on the list of problems has been the red zone offense. I just don't see much creativity when we get down in that area. I watch a ton of football every week, and it just seems like Miami's offense vs a lot of others that I see seems to be stuck in mud. Nothing is ever crisp, nothing ever "wow's" you. Even when plays are successful, they're just barely successful, or guys have to make amazing individual plays. You never see anyone wide open, or a guy walking into the endzone (except for the screens, which I guess we should run more of). I watch other teams around the country and they do this really creative **** in the red area and scheme easy plays for scores. With Miami, it's always herky-jerky and a struggle.
Exactly!!! Our red zone offense inefficiency is mind boggling

Last edited:
Butch almost went to a championship. Coker won a championship.

Crazy world right?

Advertisement
Honestly, I know it’s painful right now, but I prefer we deal with what is causing those close games with bad teams than some bullsh*t wins that would get us to the slaughter at Charlotte once every few years, but never actually close to consistently winning.

I’m really frustrated and angry, especially because I don’t trust Manny Diaz to captain this ship at all, but this is the medicine that this program needs. No more fraud 8/9/10 wins seasons that mask the incompetency of the AD, staff and even players

This season is the bizarro version of 2017.

But anyway your post really put into perspective how hard this team is working to lose the games.

Advertisement
Did you go through all the plays our opponents missed too because they all had several? No one has played close to perfectly against us.

I never said they did, and teams very rarely do. There's always plays left out there during a game, on both sides.

My point was with all the other plays taken out, both missed by Miami and by our opponents, you're starting 4 wins in the face with first downs deep on your opponent's side of the field, and you fell flat on your face. Just crazy that every loss has been right there, and they can't seem to get out of their own way at the end.

I disagree.

Agaisnt UF, UF was driving in our red zone about to go up 14-0 and Franks fumbles.

Against VT, the hail mary pass before halftime gave us some life and got us back in the game.

Against GT, they fumble near our redzone as they are driving down the field to take the lead.

We have consistently come out flat and we have consistently stalled on offense in the redzone. We aren't cursed we just aren't very good.

It was 7-3 when Franks fumbled. Some of the bounces have gone our way as you noted. We are indeed a bad football team. But to have this happen so often in critical spots leads one to believe that there's probably some type of divine intervention occurring whenever we're about to gain any type of momentum.

Advertisement
Back