Even with ALL the other issues....

….this is really insane when you think about it:

Game 1 -- Down 24-20. Ball 1st and 10 on the UF 24 with 1:00 left. Need a TD to win. Lose the game 24-20.
Game 2 -- Down 28-25. Ball 1st and 10 on the UNC 32 with 0:32 left. Need a FG to tie, TD to win. Lose the game 28-25.
Game 5 -- Down 42-35. Ball 1st and 10 on the VT 11 with 0:11 left. Need a TD to tie. Lose the game 42-25.
Game 7 -- Tied 21-21. Ball 1st and 10 on the GT 11 with 2:08 left. Need a FG to win. Lose the game 28-21 in overtime.

NOW....this doesn't excuse the fact that we're even in these situations against teams like VT and GT, but **** is that frustrating. How can you look yourself in the mirror if you're a member of that offense or FG team? You had FOUR games completely in your control, regardless of what happened the previous 58+ minutes, and you failed every single time.

Advertisement

Game 1 -- Down 24-20. Ball 1st and 10 on the UF 24 with 1:00 left. Need a TD to win. Lose the game 24-20.
Game 2 -- Down 28-25. Ball 1st and 10 on the UNC 32 with 0:32 left. Need a FG to tie, TD to win. Lose the game 28-25.
Game 5 -- Down 42-35. Ball 1st and 10 on the VT 11 with 0:11 left. Need a TD to tie. Lose the game 42-25.
Game 7 -- Tied 21-21. Ball 1st and 10 on the GT 11 with 2:08 left. Need a FG to win. Lose the game 28-21 in overtime.

NOW....this doesn't excuse the fact that we're even in these situations against teams like VT and GT, but **** is that frustrating. How can you look yourself in the mirror if you're a member of that offense or FG team? You had FOUR games completely in your control, regardless of what happened the previous 58+ minutes, and you failed every single time.

But, it'll be different next time. #WePromise

The defense also had the lead/tie in the 4th quarter/OT in all of those games and gave it away. This entire team is a joke.

Advertisement
Frustrating? Yes. But you make your own luck. We are what we repeatedly do.

I wasn't insinuating it was luck. It's execution. You've got to be better.

But with everything else, you're right **** there on every single loss and you can't pull one out. I'm not talking about having to convert onside kicks, hail Mary's etc. These are first and 10s deep in your opponent's territory with a chance to snatch a soul and...……*fart noise*.

I think people hear Manny's four plays comments and see things like this and take it that the 4 losses were just a bad flip of the coin. That's very true with Manny's comment, but @OrangeBowlMagic shows very clearly that its the red zone offense that's weaker than the statistics indicate. Who gives a sht if we gain 800 yards between the 40's.

Advertisement
I think people hear Manny's four plays comments and see things like this and take it that the 4 losses were just a bad flip of the coin. That's very true with Manny's comment, but @OrangeBowlMagic shows very clearly that its the red zone offense that's weaker than the statistics indicate. Who gives a sht if we gain 800 yards between the 40's.
If you make a ton of errors at crucial moments to lose close game after close game, there is a pattern and you're a bad team.

There's no doubt about it. There are some things this team has done well. Probably more it has not....but VERY high on the list of problems has been the red zone offense. I just don't see much creativity when we get down in that area. I watch a ton of football every week, and it just seems like Miami's offense vs a lot of others that I see seems to be stuck in mud. Nothing is ever crisp, nothing ever "wow's" you. Even when plays are successful, they're just barely successful, or guys have to make amazing individual plays. You never see anyone wide open, or a guy walking into the endzone (except for the screens, which I guess we should run more of). I watch other teams around the country and they do this really creative **** in the red area and scheme easy plays for scores. With Miami, it's always herky-jerky and a struggle.

It does suck to lose such in such a fashion, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But its also what separates the average average/bad teams from good teams.

Advertisement
It does suck to lose such in such a fashion, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But its also what separates the average average/bad teams from good teams.

I struggle with that, although my thoughts on it are far too vast to type here.

But bottom line, they have games right there for the taking and can't take them. Execution in those moments has to be better, and that's on everyone's shoulders.

Advertisement
There's no doubt about it. There are some things this team has done well. Probably more it has not....but VERY high on the list of problems has been the red zone offense. I just don't see much creativity when we get down in that area. I watch a ton of football every week, and it just seems like Miami's offense vs a lot of others that I see seems to be stuck in mud. Nothing is ever crisp, nothing ever "wow's" you. Even when plays are successful, they're just barely successful, or guys have to make amazing individual plays. You never see anyone wide open, or a guy walking into the endzone (except for the screens, which I guess we should run more of). I watch other teams around the country and they do this really creative **** in the red area and scheme easy plays for scores. With Miami, it's always herky-jerky and a struggle.
Whenever a play does work well, it kinda seems like it takes everyone by surprise.

It's ZERO accountability with this offense and kicking game. ST killed us twice and the offense left to score our way to a win or at least tie failed every single time. Enos and Patake need to take some heavy criticism as well for their guys not being ready for the big stage. Everytime they sh#t the bed....meaning the coaches sh#t the bed too.

Still waiting for us to run some type of rub/pick play down near the goal line. Literally every other football team is doing it.

Exactly. I'm watching FSU/Clemson 2 weeks ago, and Clemson has a 4th and goal at the FSU 2....no panic, they line up in the gun, play off the edge defender, and flip a gorgeous little shuttle pass to Etienne when the edge defender takes himself out of the play. Gorgeous. Creative. Easy. Guy walks in for a TD. It's crazy, maybe I'm too critical, but it seems like we literally NEVER see **** like that.

Advertisement
Back