Even Plies know (regarding Ward)

Advertisement
Soulja Slim, C-murder, P-Miller, Jeezy, TI, Gucci Mane, Young Dolph, Jadakiss, 50 Cent, etc... Those are just a couple of rappers that were know for living what they were rapping.
3 of the people u listed are federal informants and the other the hardest thing he did was shoot a lil kid for stepping on his shoes... that ain't living like that.

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Facts. Ab got shot 14times and survived. There's a reason Meek didn't want any smoke with Ar-Ab.

99% of this board will have to Google his name. Everything he spits, I believe he did or witnessed. Bring me his head in a bucket? Yoooooo.

I tell anyone who will listen since music is my main thing now 95% of these dudes ain't living like that. The only two that used to really catch people off guard was Cassidy and styles. Styles for the longest was known in the yearbook as most likely to poke somebody. Lmao
I’ve been a hip-hop head since I could walk(early 80’s), and as someone who grew up on EPMD, Run DMC, Public enemy, etc. I would rather listen to that than 99% of the garbage that’s out there now. The only way to find good hip-hop anymore is to stick to the underground scene…it’s been that way for a long, long time now.

Advertisement
I could really go Katt Williams on this whole thread i.e. Gates, Khaled, Jaime Foxx, Plies, etc

No hearsay here...

2004-2009 I was there for every moment...

@DMoney "Kept It Too Real", one of my favorite records we ever did.
@Brooklyndee , Khaled has issues dating back to Ace Hood "Stressin". HE is NOT the person to speak on authenticity...I can go back to Mixx 96 days on him. "Stressin" is a two-track on the album, fyi because he didn't want to pay the $30k for the record and we weren't giving him files for free. He missed mix/master deadline for pressing, but Ace Hood wanted that on the album.

Also, Plies and Gates aren't even blood brothers (different mothers, "step" via Plies' mother, Gates father's relationship). And Gates is his brother's downfall. Plies is overall a good dude...but Gates always had a spell on him. But The goons around them were the real deal...they are/were very dangerous. Plies was a legit athlete (football, baseball, boxing) and could hold his own.

And Plies was always iffy about Miami (he has a puncture near his lung from an instance back in the days). But security, not Plies, kept him safe (as is their job). Bermane Stiverne even did part time security for us at time (specifically in Miami). But that White 747 from 36 Ounces/"Take-Off" days was bought in Allapattah. Post 36 Ounces, Plies couldn't go grocery shopping in Florida without being mobbed...so security became every present

Just some breadcrumbs
Seems like im all out of blessings, Iont know if god trying to test me......

I’ve been a hip-hop head since I could walk(early 80’s), and as someone who grew up on EPMD, Run DMC, Public enemy, etc. I would rather listen to that than 99% of the garbage that’s out there now. The only way to find good hip-hop anymore is to stick to the underground scene…it’s been that way for a long, long time now.
Imagine how I feel. Dudes I mess with ask me about their music and I just laugh. All I listen to is from the 80s-early 2000s 10 at worst.

Advertisement
I could really go Katt Williams on this whole thread i.e. Gates, Khaled, Jaime Foxx, Plies, etc

No hearsay here...

2004-2009 I was there for every moment...

@DMoney "Kept It Too Real", one of my favorite records we ever did.
@Brooklyndee , Khaled has issues dating back to Ace Hood "Stressin". HE is NOT the person to speak on authenticity...I can go back to Mixx 96 days on him. "Stressin" is a two-track on the album, fyi because he didn't want to pay the $30k for the record and we weren't giving him files for free. He missed mix/master deadline for pressing, but Ace Hood wanted that on the album.

Also, Plies and Gates aren't even blood brothers (different mothers, "step" via Plies' mother, Gates father's relationship). And Gates is his brother's downfall. Plies is overall a good dude...but Gates always had a spell on him. But The goons around them were the real deal...they are/were very dangerous. Plies was a legit athlete (football, baseball, boxing) and could hold his own.

And Plies was always iffy about Miami (he has a puncture near his lung from an instance back in the days). But security, not Plies, kept him safe (as is their job). Bermane Stiverne even did part time security for us at time (specifically in Miami). But that White 747 from 36 Ounces/"Take-Off" days was bought in Allapattah. Post 36 Ounces, Plies couldn't go grocery shopping in Florida without being mobbed...so security became every present

Just some breadcrumbs
Are we gonna forget DJ KHALED BEING CHASED AROUND THE CAR BY ONE PERSON LOL

Like others stated it was a point in time Plies had the state sewn up. I mean 2 shows in Broward a month and they would be packed out. His run was similar to what we see with Kodak Black now but without the lock ups.

Folks also forget the incident in Gainesville with Boosie....he by himself may have not been all with it but osme of those fort myers dudes around him was for sure.

I remember for whatever reason trick Daddy use to diss him and they both i think were slip n slide a the time.

I think Plies actually had a pretty good career i dont think he really had a "downfall"

I can go mixx 96 on Khaled too. Buttafucco is a good friend of mine. As is George Duke's as was Godfrey as is Evans as is dj raw as is Peter Thomas. See football may be where I made my name. But as has been noted in numerous 30 for 30s when we were on MIAMI WAS OURS. I knew some of that lil plies circle to an extent because I used to be friends with macca zoe & red eyes. So I knew a few people around him. So yes his people were certified. But him, naw not so much. But as you noted security is supposed to do they jobs. The story I was talking about was at a time where plies wasn't so big in general. But is what it is. Khaled by the way is another dude who has been a good friend since he first came down from Orlando & Carolina. Him and dj craze used to spin in the window of my boys clothing store downtown few times a week. I also know the people who put in the work for Khaled to get his name(as it definitely wasn't Khaled and this phony *** persona of his that got him here either) namely Andy boy & butta. If it wasn't for the temple and rockers island I doubt he ever gets his name out. So yeah I know a lil more about all this stuff too. Good to know someone else was around for all that too. This **** just makes me feel old.
Mahi Temple....

Buddafucco cool dude.

Im way to young..but my older fam played on Mixx 96 the same time as Khaled and them etc....and i was the young kid carrying the record crates sometimes to get in with my other cousins after high school football games...MADHOUSE, MVP's.

I must say Khaled wasnt a plan...i saw the come up from the start....dude played reggae/dancehall n did hle in the wall clubs most were scared to go. Then Luke gave him that 99 jamz slot and he aint look back,

Advertisement
Soulja Slim, C-murder, P-Miller, Jeezy, TI, Gucci Mane, Young Dolph, Jadakiss, 50 Cent, etc... Those are just a couple of rappers that were know for living what they were rapping.
THE MAJORITY OF THE NEW ORLEANS RAPPERS save for Lil Wayne were living what they rapped about....guys like CMURDER AND SOULJA SLIM were down right scary and they were running TOGETHER..........with other known killers. It isnt a coincidence one is pased and the other is in jail for life.

Being a SW Fl boy by way of Immokalee and a teen when Plies blew up he has a soft spot in my heart. Plus I thought it was cool when he put Edge in his 'Shawty' music video which was the hottest track at the time. But yeah, like most causal fans he has a surface-level knowledge of the current state of the Fl Big 3, I wouldn't put much stock into this take.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 12.02.37 PM.png

I can go mixx 96 on Khaled too. Buttafucco is a good friend of mine. As is George Duke's as was Godfrey as is Evans as is dj raw as is Peter Thomas. See football may be where I made my name. But as has been noted in numerous 30 for 30s when we were on MIAMI WAS OURS. I knew some of that lil plies circle to an extent because I used to be friends with macca zoe & red eyes. So I knew a few people around him. So yes his people were certified. But him, naw not so much. But as you noted security is supposed to do they jobs. The story I was talking about was at a time where plies wasn't so big in general. But is what it is. Khaled by the way is another dude who has been a good friend since he first came down from Orlando & Carolina. Him and dj craze used to spin in the window of my boys clothing store downtown few times a week. I also know the people who put in the work for Khaled to get his name(as it definitely wasn't Khaled and this phony *** persona of his that got him here either) namely Andy boy & butta. If it wasn't for the temple and rockers island I doubt he ever gets his name out. So yeah I know a lil more about all this stuff too. Good to know someone else was around for all that too. This **** just makes me feel old.

Godfrey as in God-free from PEP (Battlecat and Peedo's fam)? If the same one, he's made a name for himself now in Gaming Podcasting...like Podcast HOF.

We def know a lot of the same folk then. The beach was a crazy place back then. Age is for sure catching up though!

The Cipher was Omen and I's paper, which got me into the scene. Omen has written a couple of books on the time period and is working on an autobiography on Craze right now. After we folded the paper, I went in on the label (SNS)/management side which led me to Plies during 04-09. I did all his A&R work (through Becky) and functioned as his management when Gates was locked up after the Gainesville shooting. I still have my 352 Sumter County phone number that I had for the prison calls. When Gates got out, everything went to ****. We were set up at Atlantic for their Number 1 spot at the time, since TI just got roped at the BET Awards, until Gates came out and ruined it all.

I'll never take away Khaled's work ethic, but I'll never vibe with the antics. Khaled still drove the powder blue Phantom up to our studio in Tampa to bring us Out Here Grindin' after I'm So Hood. He's a vulture. From the Palestinian Rebel to pseudo-Jamaican to Terror Squad New Yorker to Dade County 305, and on and on. He's the king of vultures for sure.

But A lot of the Miami Plies hate stems directly from Trick though. Plies' rise corresponds with Trick's decline. And Trick was very much a hater about it. We did "Duck Down" at his spot in Carol City and it was VERY apparent. Plies' was never talking about his brother's life. He was basically a street narrator. Gates is a lowlife. A career criminal that became a millionaire in prison on his brother's back. He talked mostly about what everyday street cats dealt with, which is why it reasonated with them (and can be seen in this thread too). Kept It Too Real, God I'm Tired of Lyin To Ya, Bid Long, 100 Years, Plenty Money, Make A Movie, Gotta Be, etc is what captured his real fans. That was the voice of the streets...that is a feeling everyone in the streets has. ****, even the Stressin record I mentioned earlier is another example. The Miami scene perpetuated this the most and was always very anti-Plies. But Plies never liked Miami anyway, so it's not like it bothered him either. After The Real Testament, which was recorded mostly at SNS on the beach, everything was recorded in Tampa from that point on. The Miami scene is a toxic scene and always has been.

I could talk about this all day I swear. From the marketing strategy to the creation of each and every record. It's my work afterall so no one knows it better and I'm pretty fond of it!

But man, this is about to be the 17th Year Anniversary of The Real Testament...our recruits weren't even born yet!

Advertisement
Being a SW Fl boy by way of Immokalee and a teen when Plies blew up he has a soft spot in my heart. Plus I thought it was cool when he put Edge in his 'Shawty' music video which was the hottest track at the time. But yeah, like most causal fans he has a surface-level knowledge of the current state of the Fl Big 3, I wouldn't put much stock into this take.

View attachment 279344
DJ Christion (Tampa) and Nasty (Orlando) were in the next frame too. We always tried showing love to B and C market cities because no one showed them any love. Like the Boyton Beach comment earlier, those places we were always the hottest artist in that city because no artist even knew it existed and we'd always hit those markets. That help move the music. Athletes and Dope Boys from the areas took our music with them around the country. Those were the tastemakers

And Plies always showed love to the SWFL boys. Javon Kearse is there in the pool too

Godfrey as in God-free from PEP (Battlecat and Peedo's fam)? If the same one, he's made a name for himself now in Gaming Podcasting...like Podcast HOF.

We def know a lot of the same folk then. The beach was a crazy place back then. Age is for sure catching up though!

The Cipher was Omen and I's paper, which got me into the scene. Omen has written a couple of books on the time period and is working on an autobiography on Craze right now. After we folded the paper, I went in on the label (SNS)/management side which led me to Plies during 04-09. I did all his A&R work (through Becky) and functioned as his management when Gates was locked up after the Gainesville shooting. I still have my 352 Sumter County phone number that I had for the prison calls. When Gates got out, everything went to ****. We were set up at Atlantic for their Number 1 spot at the time, since TI just got roped at the BET Awards, until Gates came out and ruined it all.

I'll never take away Khaled's work ethic, but I'll never vibe with the antics. Khaled still drove the powder blue Phantom up to our studio in Tampa to bring us Out Here Grindin' after I'm So Hood. He's a vulture. From the Palestinian Rebel to pseudo-Jamaican to Terror Squad New Yorker to Dade County 305, and on and on. He's the king of vultures for sure.

But A lot of the Miami Plies hate stems directly from Trick though. Plies' rise corresponds with Trick's decline. And Trick was very much a hater about it. We did "Duck Down" at his spot in Carol City and it was VERY apparent. Plies' was never talking about his brother's life. He was basically a street narrator. Gates is a lowlife. A career criminal that became a millionaire in prison on his brother's back. He talked mostly about what everyday street cats dealt with, which is why it reasonated with them (and can be seen in this thread too). Kept It Too Real, God I'm Tired of Lyin To Ya, Bid Long, 100 Years, Plenty Money, Make A Movie, Gotta Be, etc is what captured his real fans. That was the voice of the streets...that is a feeling everyone in the streets has. ****, even the Stressin record I mentioned earlier is another example. The Miami scene perpetuated this the most and was always very anti-Plies. But Plies never liked Miami anyway, so it's not like it bothered him either. After The Real Testament, which was recorded mostly at SNS on the beach, everything was recorded in Tampa from that point on. The Miami scene is a toxic scene and always has been.

I could talk about this all day I swear. From the marketing strategy to the creation of each and every record. It's my work afterall so no one knows it better and I'm pretty fond of it!

But man, this is about to be the 17th Year Anniversary of The Real Testament...our recruits weren't even born yet!
Nah whole different Godfrey even though I know that one WELL peedo & Ariel and luis those were my lil brothers. I got some Hellafied funny stories with Ariel & peedo. I'm the one who put them on with krs one. We used to all **** with the same twins pretty much at the same time. Lol. Then with Eddie and Lou they founded roc sports with Jay. Good times. Reece has always been a hater ever since Hollywood got kilt and pops got back on top. Always had issues with his brothers too. Far as gates, nah plies wasn't talking about him but in the industry and in those street circles he got his rep off of gates work. Cause buddy wasn't never living like that. Narrator sums him up well.

Mahi Temple....

Buddafucco cool dude.

Im way to young..but my older fam played on Mixx 96 the same time as Khaled and them etc....and i was the young kid carrying the record crates sometimes to get in with my other cousins after high school football games...MADHOUSE, MVP's.

I must say Khaled wasnt a plan...i saw the come up from the start....dude played reggae/dancehall n did hle in the wall clubs most were scared to go. Then Luke gave him that 99 jamz slot and he aint look back,
Who was ur people at mixx? It wasn't Luke that gave him that spot. It was papa Keith, and the reason he did all that dance hall was cause of butta and papa Keith too. Cause papa Keith had soul syndicate locked down the dance hall scene. Madhouse was always the **** green eyes did that with Duke's & butta. Khaled definitely always had a good work ethic. I just can't stand this persona he's created. But I get it. He's got filthy rich off that persona.

Advertisement
Back