Evan Hinson Decommits

Advertisement
Yep. It was a lot easier to do this when there were 105 scholarships (or whatever the number used to be)....

It seems that both Golden and Shannon couldn't master the fine art of balancing recruiting classes....It seems that we've been short in at least one position for a decade or so....

Richt should be able to fix this fairly quickly....

The situations are different, but a large portion of this board said "WR is not a need" after we missed out on Rudolph, Dixon, and Ermon Lane who were all thought of as sure fire prospects. Now, if Stacy coley leaves we are screwed at wr. If he stays, our 2nd and 3rd best receivers may be Richards and Bruce (assuming he comes).

Njoku is a monster and is a potential draft entrant after the 2016 or 2017 season. As of now, I assume Herndon is the only one who may fill his role as a pass catcher. If we get Hinson, he would have one to two years of experience in the system before he gets to start. Reloading is how you build strong depth and win championships.

I think all positions are of need on every class.
People who say this are dimwits accustomed to following NFL teams where you have a draft every year and
can afford to not emphasize certain positions on certain years.
But in college football, you need to bring in studs at every position, every single year.

He's a tight end..... It's not that serious. One of the least important positions on offense.

I think Bill Belichick might disagree with this statement. He knows a little bit about football.

A devastating te is a major headache for a DC, nobody wants to have to bracket a te, that puts your defense behind the 8 ball. Great te can make up plenty of flaws on an offense .

I know it's an overly simplistic view but I think most of us are actually fine with any kid that committed under Golden that decommits (or is pushed out) under Richt. Short of a QB having some love affair with Coley, there aren't too many coherent reasons why you'd want to leave now. If the kid was spooked by the #1 TE in the country taking a visit on his own dime then so be it.

Less projects and coal shovelers. Excelent

Projects like Njoku and Walford? This guy is actually talented. I don't like this at all.

That's not fair, a lot more projects haven't worked out. Not saying this kid can't play, because I have no idea, but many more projects have flopped than have panned out.

I judge them by their merits. This guy is a basketball star and super athlete who is a productive two-way player on the football field. I wouldn't even call him a project because he's already good.

Was Coach L recruiting him?

Advertisement
He's a tight end..... It's not that serious. One of the least important positions on offense.
Have you watched a richt coach offense before? Pretty important

I would be shocked if richt didnt give him a hint to do this. Why would he decommit now if that wasnt the case. Cmr prob belieeves some1 else is coming or he could use this scholly better. Ill give cmr the benifit of the doubt. U couldnt believe that he would be into all of the recruits from golden. He didnt request 2 years of tape from all the commits for no reason

His coach said that he is still considering Miami and will visit for an official but is also going to visit USC, UF, and GT.

You simply do not commit to a program surrounded by negativity to decommit as soon as it goes (sky is the limit) positive, unless you have compelling reason. No one breads NFL TEs like the U and Richt make the offense even more attractive

3 possible explanations for this decommit.

1. Feelings hurt by Richt, dating a 5 star or informed him he was a plan B kid.
2. He just found out there was going to a lot tougher competition that he originally signed up for.
3. His position coach informed him he was not returning.

Either one of those screams at him not being an old school Miami type of player.

Advertisement
Screenshot_2015-12-12-14-15-44.jpg

Advertisement
I think we might see richt make a power play in the future with American heritage. Remember they have te Nick Eubanks who is highly recruited and was very high on Georgia as well as Brian burns. Either that or development with nauta

I don't believe he's actually 260 lbs. The point is that he has the measurables and plus athleticism. I'd rather he be a part of this class because he fits the model of similar players who have done well. I think DMoney's comparison to Njoku and Clive are good examples. Some Canes are dismissing his decommitment as if it doesn't matter, but it does if we don't find a comparable player (with regard to athleticism) at that position or another position of need. My concern is that we get more Njoku type athletic players, again at whatever position, and fewer who are, as some say, coal shovelers.

But JG was 6'8" tall and 260 lbs. Hinson might get to 260 lbs. but he ain't gonna get to 6'8" tall.

True...but Jim Graham - a project who some claimed wouldn't make a meaningful catch for us - played for us one season and turned into an NFL all pro. I'm not convinced Hinson is any more of a project that the other players we're bringing in.

Kid looked talented. Video was pretty good. Raw but an athlete. Don't know how that translates into being an all around TE at the next level. Yes we've had some projects work out for us.

But keep in mind that Clive took all of 4 years to finally become a great TE

And Njoku is a wonderful receiving TE but there's reason Standish is in on run plays most times.

Raw talented projects are cool. But if Richt can land Nauta then I won't blink at this loss. If he can't then this loss sucks

Advertisement
Is it also possible that Nauta gave a silent and hence why the decommit. I mean - like black Vern said, on Thursday after the visit by the staff - he was all canes. Kid been committed forever...

Then the day after Nauta visits, he jets...

Sounds like he may know something and doesn't want to be an plan B.

JC

He may have just decided he has a better opportunity for himself somewhere else regardless of who is coaching at Miami.

He didn't get pushed out. He just got offered by USCe and USCw....and I suspect that for some reason we are not showing him that much love as those two.

Advertisement
Back