Evaluations need to improve

Can't see the article, anyone got a list?
Full list:

- Tutu
- DiCaprio Bootle Nebraska CB
- Borregales
- Tyson Campbell
- Noah Curtis FIU DL
- Shawn Davis
- Nick Eubanks Mich TE
- Trevon Grimes
- Khalil Herbert VT RB
- Shemar Jean-Charles App State CB
- Greg McCrae UCF RB
- Elijah Moore
- Josh Palmer Tenn WR
- John Raine FAU/Northwestern FB/TE
- Aaron Robinson UCF CB
- Rousseau
- Asante Samuel
- Anthony Schwartz
- Tedarrell Slaton
- Surtain
- Rashad Weaver
- James Wiggins
-Rachad Wildgoose Jr Wisconsin CB
- Marco Wilson CB Shoe Throw U

Advertisement
I saw a list that tells me if the big boys (top dog recruits) in South Florida were to put there foot down and say thats it lets all go to Miami and bring it back it would be end of story. If Leonard Taylor hits up these top 2022 De and the 2 stud Dt and says fellas lets do this ****. I need you fam I think that Maes a huge impression on them. We have put together a dam good coaching staff right now and I think that starts to pay off big time with these dudes who have been snubbing us.

Last edited:
We recruited Campbell, Eubanks, Schwartz, Slaton, Surtain & Wilson but they chose elsewhere.

Davis, Moore & Samuel weren't made priorities. We had a a chance to get Grimes after he left OSU but passed

James Wiggins was committed & got dropped

We didn't recruit the rest of them at all. We recruited some of these kids but we just need to make better evaluations.

Advertisement
Been saying it and I will keep saying it especially for the style of offense and defense Diaz is trying to play.. we should not have to leave S. FL for skill position talent Db Wr Rb and LB.. unless the prospect is can't miss. And stop passing on guys like Tutu just because they are small these guys dominate some of the most difficult competition in the country week in and week out

Most of these guys are 2017-2018 guys. There was certainly some really poor evaluations. We signed 4 WR in 2018, (three 4 star and one high 3 star) and all of them were busts. Thanks, Ron Dugans. At corner, we targeted most of the top guys but Rumph got shut out by the biggest names.

Let's be real, a lot of the names on this list were not highly coveted guys. A lot of them were 3 star "diamonds in the rough" types who signed at G5 schools or lesser P5 schools. If we would have signed half these guys out of high school everyone here would have been flipping out about our 42nd ranked recruiting class. But there's a reason why not every single NFL player went to major P5 programs. Some develop later, some work twice as hard, and for some the light just comes on once they're in college.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure every draft eligible Hurricane will get picked at some point this year. Can't remember the last time that ever happened. (Although, Carter, Mc Cloud and Jarrid Williams should all be technically in this draft and none of them would likely get drafted) Still not a bad ratio of draftees to non-draftees.
But dugans had a donk

Advertisement
It’s not Eval. It’s coaching. I said once and I’ll say it again... many of those players would not have been who they were at Their respective school as they would be a miami. Especially on the offensive side. Elijah Moore would not be who he is at Ole Miss at Miami. I do believe Surtain might still be a first rounder. If Tyson Campbell is projected as 3rd rounder now, then he might be seen as 5th 6th at the U. And at the same time, it’s very well that players on Miami team would be much successful somewhere else. Gus Edwards doesn’t go to the league if he doesn’t go to Rutgers. True Brady doesn’t sniff the NFL if he doesn’t go to Marshall.

It’s not Eval. It’s coaching. I said once and I’ll say it again... many of those players would not have been who they were at Their respective school as they would be a miami. Especially on the offensive side. Elijah Moore would not be who he is at Ole Miss at Miami. I do believe Surtain might still be a first rounder. If Tyson Campbell is projected as 3rd rounder now, then he might be seen as 5th 6th at the U. And at the same time, it’s very well that players on Miami team would be much successful somewhere else. Gus Edwards doesn’t go to the league if he doesn’t go to Rutgers. True Brady doesn’t sniff the NFL if he doesn’t go to Marshall.
Strongly disagree.

Advertisement
2 out of 24 in our backyard is flat out unacceptable.

Miami can not let some of these underrated kids continue to slip through the cracks. We need to hire a staff of about 10 former or current high school / college coaches, and make their whole job be to go to high school practices and games and just scout kids. They need to know everything there is to know about these kids. **** there are people on this board who could do a great job on that.

To me, it comes down to typical Miami being cheap with resources. We have not invested enough in our recruiting resources and the results speak for themselves

If the ace example you use is Gus Edwards you need to re-examine your position.

If the ace example you use is Gus Edwards you need to re-examine your position.
You give me a better an example then. If you really think Elijah Moore or Devonta Smith would be the same guy who you saw at Ole Miss and Alabama here at Miami...then I don’t know what to tell you.

Advertisement
There is some truth to this.

Yeah, those evaluations were trash. Some of those kids didn’t even get a look.

There were a handful of people who wisely pointed out that Pope didn't have real solid production in HS and was more of a 7 v. 7 star. But for the most part, we ignored that noise based on the * rating. I certainly learned a lesson on that one: at WR, HS production is critical for determining potential college production; don't fall in love with the measurables if the kid isn't catching footballs in actual football games.

Add Wiggins to that list.

I was asking how in the world a high school team (Southridge) could have two major prospects like that on their team and they weren't producing gaudy numbers. It's one thing to be a star receiver, but if you've got another and aren't lighting up the scoreboard offensively there's a problem. Better really evaluate those receivers, something isn't right.

Advertisement
Back