Estimated Miami's 2019 Class Ranking Including Transfers

Advertisement
We always the U.. from the recruiting standpoint it was killed by the Shanon, Golden, Richt .. last 15 seasons, the results itself ..etc....... TNM will bring the U back we all want it to b

I think it is some silly FSU type idea, like the Dora the Explorer purse. It was a mistake taking the U off the TOC too, regardless of how cool the Ibis was. I understand Manny throwing a bunch of crap at the wall to see what sticks but you do not break brand messaging. The first two coaches you mentioned were Donna’s “New Miami” effort. Mark was a continuation of that. I like a lot of what Manny is doing but this is one of his getting cute things that sometimes showed up on the field too.

I'm on board with this.
JT4 had a .9807 so replace him with our friend Frank Ladson @ .9800 and do the fuzzy math that 247 uses... :6fps6:

For no other reason than to get us going some more! Keep the Flagler Southern Railroad rolling South to CG!

By popular demand, here is Jeff Thomas (.9807) -> Frank Ladson (.98) brings us to 271.92, good for 10th just behind Clemson. Fun fact, 247 Sports still has Jeff Thomas as a Sophomore playing for Illinois.

In an effort to properly discuss the incoming talent level, I wanted to estimate what our class rank would be with the transfers following the publication of 247 composite scores for them. There was an article posted recently that did this analysis, but their math was bad (and they should feel bad).

The team score figure includes some aspects that scale based on various factors when you add recruits. It does this to better account for class size and depth, but importantly does it with an algorithm thats not publicly available. To estimate this best, we'll use their "class calculator" by plugging in replacements with comparable scores to see how the 247 math would scale the talent.

After the addition of JHH, our starting score is 209 with no transfers, good for 33rd nationally. I'll substitute our current transfer haul as follows.

QB Tathan Martell (.92) -> Taisun Phommachanh (.9156)
RB Asa Martin (.90) -> Cameron Davis (.9016)
WR KJ Osborn (.91) -> Drake London (.9087)
OT Tommy Kennedy (.86) -> Taylor Miterko (.8601)
DT Chigozie Nnoruka (NR) -> Beaux Tagaloa (.7998)
S Bubba Bolden (.95) -> Tyler Owens (.9513)

That brings the class score up to 240.2 good for 22nd Nationally, with 5 initial counters left to fill. Let’s forecast what it could look like in a week. I’m going to go with us having a good showing this week with those 5 spots as follows:

DE Trevon Hill (.89) -> Trace Ford (.8897)
OLB Jaelan Phillips (.96) -> Tyron Hopper (.9595)
OT Darius Washington (.8810)
DE Kris Bogle (.9677)
CB Christian Williams (.9328)

This is likely blindly optimistic on the last five, but #TNM has me drinking that kool aid. That takes us to a score of 263.87, good for one spot ahead of Florida at 11th. If we remove Bogle and Williams, we’re still at 251.97, one spot ahead of Florida State at 16th.

Edit: By popular demand, here is Jeff Thomas (.9807) -> Frank Ladson (.98) brings us to 271.92, good for 10th just behind Clemson. Fun fact, 247 Sports still has Jeff Thomas as a Sophomore playing for Illinois.

Impressive BR 🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
We will bring in more talent then all but maybe 10-12 teams this season and with what Richt left that is flat out amazing.

RE: we most likely finish somewhere at a 50/50 blue chip ratio this year between recruits and transfers, which is the minimum baseline for something near elite level recruiting....

Well, that "star rating" would equal the "star rating" for the Rams starters later today, and would annihilate the Patriot (< 3 star average) starters.

Not too shabby.

Advertisement
Yeah I have no idea where people got that we would have #3 class behind Bama and UGA. That never made any sense at all
caneswarning had a story saying would be 3rd. based on there old recruit rankins. not on new ones published this year

lol I am just pointing out where it was found. and the top 3 was if added phillips, hill and got a couple of the kids like hunte, bogle, Williams I belive but that is where got the story.

Advertisement
Great job OP with the thought process. Hey, given where we were a month ago to now is night and day huge in terms of talent and numbers. Manny is doing an outstanding job with the 2019 AND 2020 class, which is currently rated 3rd in the country. IF we can hold onto the 2020 kids that will give us 2-Top 10 classes since 2018 and what will be a Top 25 class at minimum with talent that will be starting if not playing huge roles as support. If that’s not enough to win the Coastal, possibly scare the crap out of or beat Clemson in the ACCCG, and/or maybe get into the CFP discussion or a NY6 bowl at worst, then I don’t know that we’ll ever return back to the upper echelon of college football. I’m betting Manny does in fact return us there, and we’ll all nostalgically point back to this 2019 class as the group that started it all.

lol I am just pointing out where it was found. and the top 3 was if added phillips, hill and got a couple of the kids like hunte, bogle, Williams I belive but that is where got the story.

They did use the old rankings where I used the new, but their math was wrong either way. They were adding the new player scores on top of our current team score with none of correct scaling factors.

I like this class better than any class in a long time. Looks like we have some quality linemen it's about time. I'm big on linemen, the best teams have great ones. That has been lacking for years, IMO. Depending on who can play next year, this will be a better team than last years on paper too. I would say these coaches have done a great job with only a month in. The portal has made a huge difference for our team. We only have one player that will be real hard to replace, Willis. Next year our class will be even better.

The 2 JJs won’t be that easy to replace.

Advertisement
They did use the old rankings where I used the new, but their math was wrong either way. They were adding the new player scores on top of our current team score with none of correct scaling factors.
that's fine. I just pointed out where they got the idea. they could be wrong. I don't know I don't know how 247 composite works

In an effort to properly discuss the incoming talent level, I wanted to estimate what our class rank would be with the transfers following the publication of 247 composite scores for them. There was an article posted recently that did this analysis, but their math was bad (and they should feel bad).

The team score figure includes some aspects that scale based on various factors when you add recruits. It does this to better account for class size and depth, but importantly does it with an algorithm thats not publicly available. To estimate this best, we'll use their "class calculator" by plugging in replacements with comparable scores to see how the 247 math would scale the talent.

After the addition of JHH, our starting score is 209 with no transfers, good for 33rd nationally. I'll substitute our current transfer haul as follows.

QB Tathan Martell (.92) -> Taisun Phommachanh (.9156)
RB Asa Martin (.90) -> Cameron Davis (.9016)
WR KJ Osborn (.91) -> Drake London (.9087)
OT Tommy Kennedy (.86) -> Taylor Miterko (.8601)
DT Chigozie Nnoruka (NR) -> Beaux Tagaloa (.7998)
S Bubba Bolden (.95) -> Tyler Owens (.9513)

That brings the class score up to 240.2 good for 22nd Nationally, with 5 initial counters left to fill. Let’s forecast what it could look like in a week. I’m going to go with us having a good showing this week with those 5 spots as follows:

DE Trevon Hill (.89) -> Trace Ford (.8897)
OLB Jaelan Phillips (.96) -> Tyron Hopper (.9595)
OT Darius Washington (.8810)
DE Kris Bogle (.9677)
CB Christian Williams (.9328)

This is likely blindly optimistic on the last five, but #TNM has me drinking that kool aid. That takes us to a score of 263.87, good for one spot ahead of Florida at 11th. If we remove Bogle and Williams, we’re still at 251.97, one spot ahead of Florida State at 16th.

Edit: By popular demand, here is Jeff Thomas (.9807) -> Frank Ladson (.98) brings us to 271.92, good for 10th just behind Clemson. Fun fact, 247 Sports still has Jeff Thomas as a Sophomore playing for Illinois.

Hey @brcane1 where are we with hill and Williams?

I just did it... 248.24 would give us the 19th ranked class in the nation! Not a bad save by Manny.

If we add Phillips then we would be:
#15th with 255 pts passing FL STATE..

Imagine adding TALENT WISE a top 15 class with more to come through the portal potentially🔥🔥🔥

Advertisement
Back