ESPN's top OL situations for next year - Miami @ 14

McDermott, Darling, Linder all have 20+ starts.

I have a hard time believing all three won't begin the season as starters.

You've been repeating this nonsense for months. Did the same with Odogwu starting over St. Louis until Sunny quit before Summer workouts because he got his *** beat out. Gauthier is going to start.

Sonny was told he would have to compete with St. Louis. Apparently he wanted a guarantee that the job would be his so he bolted.

I think Gauthier will start if he learns how to snap. And snapping was a major issue for him all spring.

For whatever reason some guys just can snap a football consistently well.

Advertisement
14. Miami Hurricanes
Miami returned five starters in 2016 but lost one after five starts and another after nine. They had 152 rushing YPG (4.5 average) with 25 sacks despite a QB who had 136 yards rushing on the season. This year they lose one starter but have five back who have been full-time starters (86 career starts returning) and add LSU transfer George Brown Jr.

Other notable names:
5. Clemson
6. Notre Dame
18. Pitt
22. FSU
23. UNC

Oklahoma Sooners, Alabama Crimson Tide, Ohio State Buckeyes lead Phil Steele's rankings of the top 56 offensive line

I would take #14 all day long after what we witnessed last year.

Hard to believe that group could be even that good, but add Donaldson and shuffle the pieces back to post-October, maybe there is something there.

I know one thing, all of these typical UM WR hysteria threads are missing any mention of what this group means to a successful Walton, new QB, and wealth of Wide out talent.

UM

7th best OL according to scout...lol

7) Miami (C-Nick Linder/RT-KC McDermott/LT-Trevor Darling/RG-Tyree St. Louis)
This has been a fairly enigmatic unit, playing well in spurts and then allowing significant penetration and too many tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Miami lost fifth-round draft choice RG-Daniel Isidora, C-Alex Gall and RT-Sunny Odowu, but injuries cut into the junior season of C-Linder, who should be primed to excel. Inconsistent RG-St. Louis still has two years left while LT-Darling has 27 career starts. A key is tackle George Brown, a sophomore who transferred from LSU. The unit did a solid job of protecting immobile QB-Brad Kaaya. The ground game needs to improve on its 151.7 yards per outing.

The biggest indictment of Linder was the Notre Dame game, but go rewatch some full games, he got his **** pushed in **** near in every game.

[video=youtube_share;c6qJDpj0be8]https://youtu.be/c6qJDpj0be8[/video]
Go to 22:13 and watch how he gets blasted off the snap, Walton made the first guy miss, but just watch how easy they moved Linder.

Not even trying to just beat up on him either, but I'm sorry, there's just too many examples throughout the season of him getting pushed around for me to think he's going to be any better this season.
Gonna Bump for everyone tripping out over Linder leaving.

I strongly urge you to go rewatch some full games from last year, him leaving is not that big of deal people.

Advertisement
The biggest indictment of Linder was the Notre Dame game, but go rewatch some full games, he got his **** pushed in **** near in every game.

Go to 22:13 and watch how he gets blasted off the snap, Walton made the first guy miss, but just watch how easy they moved Linder.

Not even trying to just beat up on him either, but I'm sorry, there's just too many examples throughout the season of him getting pushed around for me to think he's going to be any better this season.

I strongly urge you to go rewatch some full games from last year, him leaving is not that big of deal people.

I think more people are disappointed in his ****** like character than anyone is about him actually not playing a down for us this season.

I think more people are disappointed in his ****** like character than anyone is about him actually not playing a down for us this season.
No, people are worried about depth.

But, he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Gauthier & Gaynor, he wasn't even going to be the backup Center.

People honestly just don't remember how bad he was, that's why I'm saying for anybody that thinks this is some huge loss to please go back & watch the games from last year.

He's simply not good enough.

Advertisement
Back