ESPN: 'They're in a deep, deep hole': Inside the 6-year unraveling of Florida State football

dookie blaylock

doodoo brown
Advertisement
vince mcmahon laughing GIF by WWE

Advertisement
have a change of undies handy, boys. this is a fun one.

WTF?

"We have a top-20 public university to sell."

On what planet is F$U a "Top 20 public university"? I guess they figure that if the Gaytors can claim to be "Top 10", then nobody is fact-checking.

Advertisement
Some alarming stuff in there but there were also a LOT of parallels to us...

- 7+ years of recruiting QB failures
- hard charging/intense/brusque OL coach that alienated the players and the unit underarchieved
- sense of entitlement in the lockeroom
- players stealing from teammates
- dysfunction at the AD
- Coach's undying loyalty to his assistants
- Corching hires
- Battle to upgrade facilities

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we hate Florida State, but seeing them so terrible isn’t good for us either.

1. Makes the rivalry game mean nothing

2. Kids that used to go to FSU are now going to the SEC. That continues to build the SEC’s allure as the hands down best conference.

3. Along with point #2, the ACC now only has Clemson as a national team making it look like a weak conference.

A decent FSU is good for a good Miami team.

As much as I want to love this and laugh at FSUs demise, reading this just worries me.

It shows just how important the administration and boosters are to successful college football programs. Both of those things Miami seriously lacks compared to the top programs. Even if you start winning if the administration is not 100% in it to win it, it can all go away in a flash

Advertisement
Back