ESPN: 'They're in a deep, deep hole': Inside the 6-year unraveling of Florida State football

I know we hate Florida State, but seeing them so terrible isn’t good for us either.

1. Makes the rivalry game mean nothing

2. Kids that used to go to FSU are now going to the SEC. That continues to build the SEC’s allure as the hands down best conference.

3. Along with point #2, the ACC now only has Clemson as a national team making it look like a weak conference.

A decent FSU is good for a good Miami team.
When FSU was good we sucked so yeah I'll take them sucking. Clemson has taken their spot for ACC respect if we can join them, the ACC will be just fine

Advertisement
have a change of undies handy, boys. this is a fun one.

Couldn’t have happened to a better program..truly hate to see it had to be them..
1605802010331.gif

Advertisement
I know we hate Florida State, but seeing them so terrible isn’t good for us either.

1. Makes the rivalry game mean nothing

2. Kids that used to go to FSU are now going to the SEC. That continues to build the SEC’s allure as the hands down best conference.

3. Along with point #2, the ACC now only has Clemson as a national team making it look like a weak conference.

A decent FSU is good for a good Miami team.
What's good for the Miami program is for Miami to win games. Miami can be a great program whether F$U is going 9-2 or 2-9. Way too many people on here are getting caught up in the nostalgia of a #2 vs. #3 rivalry matchup. It gets your juices flowing, sure. But if Miami is winning 10 games and beating F$U along the way, why should any of us care whether it was "good F$U" or "bad F$U?"

They sure as **** don't feel bad when we aren't good.

Why do we have pvssified fans who act like we "need" F$U to be good?

I would much more prefer OTHER teams in the ACC to become better programs.

I have no problem with F$U finishing dead last in the ACC every year.
This is some weirdo **** from some of our fanbase. Are they Miami fans or fans of the Miami vs. F$U game?

Advertisement

They're just biased against Syracuse and NC State. Let FSU be the Atlantic's doormat for a few decades.

Not only do we not need them to be good, we actually need them to be ******* awful.

It's the same dumbasses who said they were rooting for FSU against Auburn in 2013 because they're an ACC team, or it's some Florida thing. No, no, no, no, no, and FVCK NO!

EVERYTHING bad for them is good for Miami. Period. There is no gray area. You want FSU to have literally zero success, for the rest of time, period and end of story. We don't "need" them to be good for a ******* thing.

Not only do we not need them to be good, we actually need them to be ******* awful.

It's the same dumbasses who said they were rooting for FSU against Auburn in 2013 because they're an ACC team, or it's some Florida thing. No, no, no, no, no, and FVCK NO!

EVERYTHING bad for them is good for Miami. Period. There is no gray area. You want FSU to have literally zero success, for the rest of time, period and end of story. We don't "need" them to be good for a ******* thing.

Right.

I'd be fine with a perennial Top 25 Syracuse program and perennial Top 25 Boston College program, as well as Miami cleaning up in SoFla recruiting.

That would be a fine trade-off for F$U being the doormat of the ACC.

Advertisement
My hope is that I live long enough to see this happen to Florida, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Notre lame and a few others.

How old are you? Just curious, because the gator has won 4 games two different times in the past decade, Bama was AWFUL before Saban got there, Clemson never had complete rock bottom like FSU is going through in this generation, but they had some really lean years for a while.....

Advertisement
As much as I want to love this and laugh at FSUs demise, reading this just worries me.

It shows just how important the administration and boosters are to successful college football programs. Both of those things Miami seriously lacks compared to the top programs. Even if you start winning if the administration is not 100% in it to win it, it can all go away in a flash

Agreed. This portion of the article was interesting:

If Fisher was brusque, however, those close to him believed it was out of necessity. Bowden's tenure also ended poorly, as a contingent of boosters ushered the aging coach out the door after many years of mediocrity. As one source said, many at FSU wanted Fisher's record with Bowden's budget. But Fisher saw Clemson's program expanding, including plans for a $55 million football facility that opened in 2017, and he believed Florida State needed to keep pace.

"He knew if Florida State didn't jump on top of it right away, Clemson would eventually overtake everyone," one Fisher staffer said. "Their administration on down, everyone was in alignment with the vision of the program and totally committed to doing what it takes to make football successful."

This is the concern I have. I don't believe the Miami administration has the money or the interest in overtaking Clemson and competing at that level.

Advertisement
Back