ESPN on Dee Delaney

Advertisement
Transferring was an investment. He can show out behind an elite front seven and move up a couple rounds in the draft. I think the extra year is worth it. And, oh by the way, get to do it all in South Florida. It's a win all around for him.

People are sleeping on how big a pickup Delaney was. He is our best DB and a Day 1 starter.

No one is sleeping. We did not need Delaney.

Going back even to the days of Grassy, this might just be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on a Hurricanes message board.

Seriously. And that's saying something!

Dee Delaney graded out as a 3rd to 4th round draft pick. Even Corn Elder was only drafted in the 5th round, and there are people who think Delaney is not an impact starter at CB? What form of matter exists between the ears of some of these folks?

Advertisement
I am not so sure he starts. I trust our DEFENSIVE coaching staff. I think our guys from last year have taken a step forward. Plus, the Juco transfer is better.

Are you high? Delaney would be in the NFL right now had he not transferred. He is our best DB at the moment. Young and Dean will battle for the #2 job IMO.

well, he is not in the NFL. And he may very well have been a free agent in the NFL. You guys put too much stock on this guy. I put more in our coaching staff and what they have done with our talent. Dean is a better overall Talent than Delaney.

You gotta be a box of rocks. How can you repeat how much you trust the staff yet ignore that they wanted him here badly? Kid came here to get better coaching and more exposure on his path to the NFL.

I wish we had Delaney for 2 years. His experience would be genuine to the new coming DB's next year. He will most definitely make Malek (the 5 foot freak) better this year. Our D is going to be top 10 in the country this year. Hide and watch.

He sure made Tribusky( UNC ) look to the opposite side of the field because of his play against the Tar Heels...

Advertisement
Delaney was a free agent or seventh round pick at best. Many of you will owe me an apology very soon. Again, Dean is better than Delaney.

You need your username changed. Besmirching Cube's good name with your stupidity.

I am not so sure he starts. I trust our DEFENSIVE coaching staff. I think our guys from last year have taken a step forward. Plus, the Juco transfer is better.

Are you high? Delaney would be in the NFL right now had he not transferred. He is our best DB at the moment. Young and Dean will battle for the #2 job IMO.

well, he is not in the NFL. And he may very well have been a free agent in the NFL. You guys put too much stock on this guy. I put more in our coaching staff and what they have done with our talent. Dean is a better overall Talent than Delaney.

Dean isnt better than delaney. Dean isnt better than young either. You trust the staff? Well they brought delaney in to start.

Delaney was a free agent or seventh round pick at best. Many of you will owe me an apology very soon. Again, Dean is better than Delaney.

Troll season! Delaney was a mid round draft prospect. He gon leave as a first rounder.

Advertisement

So when Delaney is our best corner and one the best overall players on this defense you will be getting trolled right off the board. I'm not one to start arguments on here I genuinely appreciate hearing everyone's opinion about things related to the team and have stood corrected on a number of different topics but this is just ridiculous why would ESPN, NFL.com and other major media outlets be giving this guy so much hype if he was an undrafted caliber player. What about Delaney's game makes you feel this way? Is there something you can point to on film or a glaring deficiency that 99% percent of canesinsignt and the coaches and NFL scouts are missing?

Let me begin by apologizing..I had no idea I just insulted someone who knows more than the NFL draft analysts,.. As well as our coaching staff!! With that said....can you please elaborate on what exactly you see,.. That everyone else has missed,.. That leads you to believe Delaney won't start,.. Or that he shouldnt have been projected in the mid rounds of the draft.
Or....proof your not another ****** gayturd troll??...I'm just curious.

I see Tres just beat me to almost the same post

Last edited:

Let me begin by apologizing..I had no idea I just insulted someone who knows more than the NFL draft analysts,.. As well as our coaching staff!! With that said....can you please elaborate on what exactly you see,.. That everyone else has missed,.. That leads you to believe Delaney won't start,.. Or that he shouldnt have been projected in the mid rounds of the draft.
Or....proof your not another ****** gayturd troll??...I'm just curious.

He's totally a troll

Advertisement

So when Delaney is our best corner and one the best overall players on this defense you will be getting trolled right off the board. I'm not one to start arguments on here I genuinely appreciate hearing everyone's opinion about things related to the team and have stood corrected on a number of different topics but this is just ridiculous why would ESPN, NFL.com and other major media outlets be giving this guy so much hype if he was an undrafted caliber player. What about Delaney's game makes you feel this way? Is there something you can point to on film or a glaring deficiency that 99% percent of canesinsignt and the coaches and NFL scouts are missing?

LOL. AssLube will be 3 screen names removed from this current one by the time the season rolls around. You guys arguing with ghosts.

People are sleeping on how big a pickup Delaney was. He is our best DB and a Day 1 starter.

We didn't need him in order to have a very good defense.

But we needed an experienced CB like him because Young, Jackson, Mayes, Henley, Dean, Bandy have minimal experience between them.

Dean and Bandy alone was already a great infusion of talent.

Last edited:

LOL. AssLube will be 3 screen names removed from this current one by the time the season rolls around. You guys arguing with ghosts.

IMG_4269.jpg

We didn't need him in order to have a very good defense.

But we needed an experienced CB like him because Young, Jackson, Mayes, Henley, Dean, Bandy have minimal experience between them.

Dean and Bandy alone was already a great infusion of talent.

I disagree. I have nothing against Delaney, but we did not need him. That's just my opinion. We can agree to disagree. However, most of the guys posting are disagreeing like 12 year old girls.

Advertisement
Back