ESPN on Dee Delaney

I know the old saying " opinions are like a$$holes cause everyone has one".......but this guy is just talking out said *******

It hurts to turn my head most days due to arthritis but I'm going to go ahead and take the pain as I SMDH at this fool.

Advertisement
I'm a lot higher on Dean than most, a lot of people question if he would even get PT due to his tackling or lack thereof.

With that said, Our 3 top CB's are Young, Delaney & Dean, and Bandy will get time at Nickel, on ST's & in any other role he asked to play.

Delaney is absolutely going to start, he's a prototype Boundary Corner who will get the WR1 matchup in most cases.

Young will play in the same role that Elder played last year as the Blitzing CB who can move around both inside & outside.

Dean has great cover skills, long arms & phenomenal speed, he'll get plenty of starter snaps as well.

Adding both Dean & Delaney gives Diaz a ton of flexibility with how he can call this Defense, they don't have to drop Quan in Nickel anymore, they can let him & Red just be Safety's while Young/Bandy or even Dean could play that spot in specific packages.

We can throw Dean & Delaney out there as the 2 Outside Corners while Young can play inside (when needed), or they can put Delaney & Young, or Dean & Young and rotate practically between any of the 3.

It just means El Jefe got more weapons to use in his attacking scheme & can throw some real exotic looks at the QB's we'll be facing.

The best part of it all is he doesn't have to overcompensate for bad Safety play, he can allow our guys to do so much more with our ferocious DLine putting heavy pressure upfront & the LB Corp patrolling the middle of the field.

I am not so sure he starts. I trust our DEFENSIVE coaching staff. I think our guys from last year have taken a step forward. Plus, the Juco transfer is better.

He might have started for an NFL team next year had he entered the draft. Not only will he start, but my money is on him having the most INTs on the team.

There are no holes on this defense. The front 7 is best in ACC. But DB is solid now, too. Redwine's successful move to Safety and Delaney's transfer in give us a super talented starting 4, plus we have massively improved depth with Dean, Bandy, Smith and Cooper.

Advertisement
Funny thing is I keep seeing "I trust our coaches." Me too, I trust our coaches. Which is why I trust that when they brought delaney in, they were doing it for him to make an immediate difference and make the secodary better, otherwise why bring in a grad transfer to take away reps from young talent they've brought in.

Advertisement
Delaney was a free agent or seventh round pick at best. Many of you will owe me an apology very soon. Again, Dean is better than Delaney.

So when Delaney is our best corner and one the best overall players on this defense you will be getting trolled right off the board. I'm not one to start arguments on here I genuinely appreciate hearing everyone's opinion about things related to the team and have stood corrected on a number of different topics but this is just ridiculous why would ESPN, NFL.com and other major media outlets be giving this guy so much hype if he was an undrafted caliber player. What about Delaney's game makes you feel this way? Is there something you can point to on film or a glaring deficiency that 99% percent of canesinsignt and the coaches and NFL scouts are missing?

Chad Thomas will be our best defensive player.

Delaney was a free agent or seventh round pick at best. Many of you will owe me an apology very soon. Again, Dean is better than Delaney.

So when Delaney is our best corner and one the best overall players on this defense you will be getting trolled right off the board. I'm not one to start arguments on here I genuinely appreciate hearing everyone's opinion about things related to the team and have stood corrected on a number of different topics but this is just ridiculous why would ESPN, NFL.com and other major media outlets be giving this guy so much hype if he was an undrafted caliber player. What about Delaney's game makes you feel this way? Is there something you can point to on film or a glaring deficiency that 99% percent of canesinsignt and the coaches and NFL scouts are missing?

Chad Thomas will be our best defensive player.

No he wont be.

The most telling thing to me is that he was given a decent draft grade and knew coming back could potentially hurt his stock if he underperformed, yet had the stones to take that chance. He's going to lock down his side. Especially with that front seven in front of him.

Advertisement
If there's a player in the secondary poised to make a name for himself quickly in the ACC, consider Delaney's case. He's experienced (a grad transfer from The Citadel) and talented (he would've been a mid round NFL pick had he entered the draft). He's also playing on the back end of a defense that figures to be exceptionally good up front. So if teams can't run on Miami, and QBs tend to be throwing under pressure, the obvious outcome is ample opportunity for interceptions. If Delaney makes the most of those chances, he could end up the biggest name on a defense chock full of talent by the end of the year.

Just a quick reminder that Delaney passed up NFL money to come to The U, while Kaaya left us to get drafted in the sixth round.

/stillbitter

If there's a player in the secondary poised to make a name for himself quickly in the ACC, consider Delaney's case. He's experienced (a grad transfer from The Citadel) and talented (he would've been a mid round NFL pick had he entered the draft). He's also playing on the back end of a defense that figures to be exceptionally good up front. So if teams can't run on Miami, and QBs tend to be throwing under pressure, the obvious outcome is ample opportunity for interceptions. If Delaney makes the most of those chances, he could end up the biggest name on a defense chock full of talent by the end of the year.

Just a quick reminder that Delaney passed up NFL money to come to The U, while Kaaya left us to get drafted in the sixth round.

/stillbitter

Not defending Kaaya here, but I dont think anybody could have predicted he would be close to **** near not being drafted at all. I thought 4th round at least. That said, I hope guys who have it in their head to leave early this year...(Norton, McIntosh, Willis, DJax, etc) look at Kaaya and see that staying an extra year to give yourself a chance to max your potential draft status out is never a bad thing.

/stillbitter

Not defending Kaaya here, but I dont think anybody could have predicted he would be close to **** near not being drafted at all. I thought 4th round at least. That said, I hope guys who have it in their head to leave early this year...(Norton, McIntosh, Willis, DJax, etc) look at Kaaya and see that staying an extra year to give yourself a chance to max your potential draft status out is never a bad thing.

He went from definite 1st round pick to almost not drafted, because the scouts saw what we saw, between his lack of mobility and not having the "it" factor, to win the big games. I think another year with Richt, to work on the footwork in the pocket, behind what should be a better OL, would have moved him up, and been worth putting off the money for one year. Delaney made a smart move, especially playing behind a front seven that should only be better at putting pressure on QB's this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back