ESPN: NFL Analysts saying Kaaya made a Mistake by coming out

The assumption that he was better off returning to UM assumes he would have significantly improved next season. He might have, but so far he never really took the big jump many had thought he would. If it's going to happen maybe he just assume do that on an NFL roster than at UM, which is fine. And if he just wanted to move on in general, that's fine too. We are doing the same.

Advertisement
I think Kaaya definitely could have increased his personal stock had he stayed another year.
However, next year he also had no shot in **** of being one of the top 2 QBs off the board.
Between Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold, those two are both potential 1st overall picks.
Theres also Josh Allen from Wyoming whos getting 1st round hype this year as the next Carson Wentz but hasn't actually declared yet.
Then theres Lamar Jackson who is the top Dual Threat QB for next year.

My point is he may be a better player next year, but his actual draft prospects wont change much. There is no way in **** he gets drafted ahead of Rosen or Darnold if he stays. His only hope next year of not being the 3rd-5th qb taken (like he will be this yr), is that those two don't enter the draft.

So taking that into consideration, sure he may not be a 1st round qb, but I also don't think he falls past the 3rd round. So He's probably thinking that he'd rather get coached and prepared by NFL coaches while making money. Especially if he isn't ready for the NFL, the best place to actually prepare for the NFL is in the NFL.
Right now the way it looks, he will be drafted by a team to be the back up and future starter. I think that is a perfect situation for him to enter. If he can get drafted, sit on the bench and make money, and learn and work his way to being a starter in 2-4 years I think that is the best thing for him.

This isn't a mistake. This is the same thing Yearby is doing, except kaaya is going to be a much higher pick.

It doesn't matter what year you try and go to the NFL if you just aren't that good.

There's gonna be tons of dudes better than him EVERY year.

Dumbass didn't even get his degree. Smh

1st of all the degree thing doesn't matter at all. He can easily come back and finish it up no problem.
And he definitely has potential, but until he gets his feet right and doesn't completely fall apart under pressure, he will never reach his potential. And I don't think another year here will fix his problems. So I agree, there will be dudes drafted ahead of him both years. So knowing that he's likely to be a 2nd rounder regardless which year he comes out, it would not make sense for him to come back. The only reason a 1st-2nd round pick has to return is to increase their draft stock, otherwise its not a very good decision to return.
This way he gets drafted in the 2nd round sits for a couple years and hopefully he improves.

I really hope he does well in the league.

Huge mistake. With his putrid footwork in the pocket and inability to extend plays for even a second, he will get murdered in the NFL. He'll get the yips and start throwing while falling backward like he did on that early pass against WVU.

He stands a better chance of being cut than he does of being a starter.

Cut? He'll get shanked in the locker room by a long shot rookie WR for under throwing him on all his chances in rookie camp.

Like Gino mentioned, it was his time to move on -- no more teeth knockouts unless he's getting paid.

Good luck to Brad -- he'd be one of our few recent QB alumni in the league.

he'll be coaching hs football in southern cal within a few years. kid couldnt handle richt's coaching, he wont hack it in the nfl.

Advertisement
I'd take a million dollars for a couple years as a third stringer and 70k for a few years on a practice squad over staying in college.

His college career is a wash. Our O line blows. Kaayas slow af. There's almost no run support. It'll probably be his third offense in four years. He'd just be staying for a year to get murdered. Highly doubt he improves his draft stock by sticking around another season with his lead feet.

He had to leave while his reputation and buzz is still high.

Going into this season, he was talked about as a 1st rounder, possibly the #1 overall pick. He ended the season thought of as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He didn't show the improvement that was expected of him. But he still has good draft buzz (just not as good).

I think if he came back as a Senior, and played relatively the same as last year, his rep would slide from a 2nd-3rd rounder to a 4th-6th rounder. Coming back doesn't always help. If he didn't improve and just stayed at the same level for one more year, it would hurt him overall.

Sure, he could come back and have and have a great Senior year. It's possible. But he's gonna go from Richards/Njoku/Coley, to Richards/Herndon/Berrios or Mullins or Cager. He'd be expected to do more with lesser weapons.

I think he made the right choice.

Advertisement
Back