ESPN: NFL Analysts saying Kaaya made a Mistake by coming out

This kid will end up in Canada, unfortunately. Was never happy here after Coleyleft.
Could never understand him coming all the way from CA to play for a hack like Golden anyway.

Advertisement
I think Kaaya definitely could have increased his personal stock had he stayed another year.
However, next year he also had no shot in **** of being one of the top 2 QBs off the board.
Between Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold, those two are both potential 1st overall picks.
Theres also Josh Allen from Wyoming whos getting 1st round hype this year as the next Carson Wentz but hasn't actually declared yet.
Then theres Lamar Jackson who is the top Dual Threat QB for next year.

My point is he may be a better player next year, but his actual draft prospects wont change much. There is no way in **** he gets drafted ahead of Rosen or Darnold if he stays. His only hope next year of not being the 3rd-5th qb taken (like he will be this yr), is that those two don't enter the draft.

So taking that into consideration, sure he may not be a 1st round qb, but I also don't think he falls past the 3rd round. So He's probably thinking that he'd rather get coached and prepared by NFL coaches while making money. Especially if he isn't ready for the NFL, the best place to actually prepare for the NFL is in the NFL.
Right now the way it looks, he will be drafted by a team to be the back up and future starter. I think that is a perfect situation for him to enter. If he can get drafted, sit on the bench and make money, and learn and work his way to being a starter in 2-4 years I think that is the best thing for him.

This isn't a mistake. This is the same thing Yearby is doing, except kaaya is going to be a much higher pick.

Josh Rosen??? If Kayaa not a top pick neither is he. Darnold is gone.

This kid will end up in Canada, unfortunately. Was never happy here after Coleyleft.
Could never understand him coming all the way from CA to play for a hack like Golden anyway.

Even the practice squad in the NFL makes more than Canada. Worst case Kaaya could be Matt Moore. 12 year backup making 4 million a year.

Advertisement
He is what he is. Another year isn't going to make him more mobile and being a year older might be a detriment. If draft position will be exactly the same next year, it's a smart call to leave now since a decent team with a solid OL might take him mid round and give him a chance to develop. Worst thing for him would be to get drafted as a "savior" qb for a bad team - he'd get eaten alive. Could do worse than going to San Diego in the 4th or 5th round to learn from Philip Rivers how an immobile qb can have decent success in the NFL.

I think Kaaya definitely could have increased his personal stock had he stayed another year.
However, next year he also had no shot in **** of being one of the top 2 QBs off the board.
Between Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold, those two are both potential 1st overall picks.
Theres also Josh Allen from Wyoming whos getting 1st round hype this year as the next Carson Wentz but hasn't actually declared yet.

My point is he may be a better player next year, but his actual draft prospects wont change much. There is no way in **** he gets drafted ahead of Rosen or Darnold if he stays. His only hope next year of not being the 3rd-5th qb taken (like he will be this yr), is that those two don't enter the draft.

So taking that into consideration, sure he may not be a 1st round qb, but I also don't think he falls past the 3rd round. So He's probably thinking that he'd rather get coached and prepared by NFL coaches while making money. Especially if he isn't ready for the NFL, the best place to actually prepare for the NFL is in the NFL.
Right now the way it looks, he will be drafted by a team to be the back up and future starter. I think that is a perfect situation for him to enter. If he can get drafted, sit on the bench and make money, and learn and work his way to being a starter in 2-4 years I think that is the best thing for him.

This isn't a mistake. This is the same thing Yearby is doing, except kaaya is going to be a much higher pick.

Josh Rosen??? If Kayaa not a top pick neither is he. Darnold is gone.

Idk what you mean by saying Darnold is gone, hes a RS FRosh so he can't leave this year.
And as far as Rosen is concerned no way Kaaya would go before him. He did not have a good yr this year, and got hurt so missed over half the season. But next year he's got Jedd Fisch as OC at UCLA, and what he showed as a freshman is enough for a team to draft him high (like Hackenburg), except I think he will actually do well this year, unlike Hack who was a one year wonder.

And you don't mention Josh Allen, or Lamar Jackson. **** even Luke Falk would potentially go before him.

This year Trubisky & Kizer Definitely go before him. Allen will also go ahead of Kaaya if he declares. Then I'm not even sure if Kaaya will be drafted ahead of Watson and Mahomes.

Either year Kaaya is looking like at least 3rd-5th qb off the board.

Advertisement
Could've used another year but i think he's more so gambling based on this year's weak qb talent . No one knows fully about 2018 crop but most likely it's much better than 2017. Hope he gets drafted into the right situation.

Even the practice squad in the NFL makes more than Canada. Worst case Kaaya could be Matt Moore. 12 year backup making 4 million a year.

Kaaya has a decent ceiling if he gets right fit but it's a mistake to say his floor is matt Moore. 10 year backup are few and far between and often benefit from good luck.

It was the best decision especially for the sake of the UM program. I don't see Kaaya doing much in the NFL even if he would've stayed for 4 more years. He is what he is, and that's a guy that will check out if he gets yelled at. Don't see how that's a recipe for success in the NFL but good luck..... moving on.

I don't understand how anyone can be loyal to this flake. He was given the keys as a freshman and didn't win **** in 3 years, especially with Miami standards and talent. Our defense was lights out this year. He still couldn't do ****.

He bounces at the first opportunity even when he was given a 3+ draft evaluation. I gave him the benefit of the doubt a lot. Not anymore. You will not be remembered or missed.

Advertisement
There are 2 types of players entering the NFL.
Type 1. NFL ready players. They should get to the NFL as fast as possible so they can maximize the years they can make money. Get to there 2nd( money contract) faster. At the same time avoid injury in college.
Type 2. Majority of college players. They enter the pros not actually good enough for a roster spot, but if close will be given a year or 2 to get there. Unfortunately the clock starts ticking as soon as you enter the NFL. The extra year in college can get you a lot closer to reaching the level you need to be an NFL player. Mentally, physically and with football IQ.
Another year in college would of really helped brad get closer to being NFL ready, but most athletes consider themselves type 1 players.

Last edited:
I don't understand how anyone can be loyal to this flake. He was given the keys as a freshman and didn't win **** in 3 years, especially with Miami standards and talent. Our defense was lights out this year. He still couldn't do ****.

He bounces at the first opportunity even when he was given a 3+ draft evaluation. I gave him the benefit of the doubt a lot. Not anymore. You will not be remembered or missed.

Despite very good stats, his time here will not stick in my memory very long. He just didn't win enough - bottom line.

Anyway, I'm over it. Next up.

The best thing that could happen to Kaaya is for him to drop. There's a good chance that he may drop to a talented team in the 4th. Then again he can drop to the Browns in the 4th haha. However if he's a mid to late round pick for a team like the Cardinals or even the Saints to sit behind Brees, I think that could benefit him. Although I think both qbs were better; Wilson and Dak, I think they were drafted in favorable spots to good teams either needing a qb or needing a healthy qb.

Advertisement

****, i'll do that for 1/4 of the price. no expectations to be good and way less chance of long-term injury.

It doesn't matter what year you try and go to the NFL if you just aren't that good.

There's gonna be tons of dudes better than him EVERY year.

Dumbass didn't even get his degree. Smh

He will likely have a long career in the NFL as a backup. He's not really good enough to start, but could easily beat out half of the backups in the league. Matt Barkley blows and that dude is still on an NFL roster. The list of putrid backups is endless.

It doesn't matter what year you try and go to the NFL if you just aren't that good.

There's gonna be tons of dudes better than him EVERY year.

Dumbass didn't even get his degree.
Smh

lol you know players are allowed to finish their degree right?

Advertisement
Back