ESPN names Xavier Restrepo the #6 pass-catcher in the nation

View as article
Never in my 30+ years of Canes fanhood do I remember a player being this good/productive for us, yet still having to deal with doubters/hate. The lack of appreciation for this kid is nauseating...even down to the **** talking that I've seen from other players fathers...saying that he shouldn't start because "he don't get deep" and that it's all "favoritism".

Well you're right. It is favoritism.
Every football coach has favorites. And they're usually kids like X.
They show up early.
They are coachable.
They work hard.
They STFU and play ball.

If we had even 10 Restrepos on this team, we're competing for titles.
Facts, he doesn't get the respect he deserves by the majority of this fanbase imo. The man just get's open and sells out consistently to CATCH the ball and move the chains. The Favoritism BS is just that. From afar, it seems Ray Ray is on the X plan (at least after practice) so hopefully he can limit the production loss once X's time here is done. GO CANES

Advertisement
He may not be big or exceptionally fast (but he's certainly fast enough), but most assuredly is very athletic. He cuts on a dime in his excellent routes, he has top-notch body control that allows him to track and catch balls in a much wider radius than would be expected of someone his size. He does the two most important things a WR can do ..get open, and catch balls even when not perfectly placed. He's a QB's dream on the field because he can help bail the QB out.
LOL I saw that comment about X not being athletic and I was shocked. Kid makes some of the most amazing catches people have ever seen whether in practice or in games. Kid is very athletic IMO.

I said compared to the other top wrs in the country

And he isn’t 4.3 guy relax lol
Clearly, you didn’t fully read my response to you. I stated in high school he ran a 4.5 which is a fact. He was a kid then and now he’s a man, so there is no reason why he wouldn’t be running in the 4.4s now with all the years of strength and conditioning and nutrition, he’s gotten at the University of Miami. What I said was, if he takes his combine training very seriously and he’s currently in the 4.4s, there’s a CHANCE he could run in the 4.3s, that’s what I said. He’s a very athletic kid. So get your facts straight.

Advertisement
1710736345922.png

PFF has Restrepo as 5th best returning WR in the nation

Clearly, you didn’t fully read my response to you. I stated in high school he ran a 4.5 which is a fact. He was a kid then and now he’s a man, so there is no reason why he wouldn’t be running in the 4.4s now with all the years of strength and conditioning and nutrition, he’s gotten at the University of Miami. What I said was, if he takes his combine training very seriously and he’s currently in the 4.4s, there’s a CHANCE he could run in the 4.3s, that’s what I said. He’s a very athletic kid. So get your facts straight.
I read what u said lol..I think we could all watch X run and see he doesn’t have 4.3 speed. There isn’t a need to over exaggerate based off high school times. And again I didn’t say he wasn’t athletic, i said compared to the other wrs listed he is probably the least athletic but his work ethic has put him in those conversations lol idk why yall acting like its another language or a slight to X its just reality and the highest praise to him

The road of a champion is lonely and painful barely getting 8 hours of sleep .

No entourages , no party, no waisted time and practically withdrawn from family friends all together it seems like.

Constantly training even school is your training all coming together then when your sleeping your thinking I could have don better today .
Everything you do is kept in a journal always evaluating your self even punishing your self for letting up or not doing your reps right.

To describe it to a fan is IMPOSSIBLE they just see what’s on the field nothing else.

That why when champions retire it’s an emotional CRASH immediately stopping a life of training to an emotional breakdown collapse.

GOCANES
X and a few others on roster are prime examples of relentless hard work from the bottom finally starting to see the beginning of the top .. The comment you posted above is spot on for them.

As bad as I wanna land them most of the star studded kids being offered insane amounts of money at 17-18 years old can listen to Steve Buscemi's Violin below:

I Dont Care Deal With It GIF

Firefighters Cops Emt's Military and your normal Joe Shmoe work over 50 hours a week year in year out.. 8 Hours of sleep pshh bahah please! These normal day citizen's have no entourages , no party, no wasted time and are practically withdrawn from family friends all together for work... they wont become famous almost everything they do is for family or the greater good of humanity and go to bed thinking I could have done better today while getting paid penny's on the dollar.

To describe it to todays pre Madonna college athletes is almost IMPOSSIBLE they just see what's in front of them ($$$) (social media) unless they got family/friend's going through the same struggles which some do. In todays age of CFB these kids/young men are so catered to, granted some bust their *** from day one but lets be real its easier now to maintain a comfortable yet efficient schedule compared to the dog days of CFB or any regular persons schedule. Classes are practically done for them, they have the most up to date modern facilities and faculty's waiting on their every need from top of the line nutritionist/dietitian training to recovery. Their lives are made, yes if you don't stay on the grind you'll fade away but that goes towards anything in life. It's a cake walk compared to the old days.

I'm not trying to take away from X's or anyone's hard work and determination but lets calm down on the pitty party for these college athletes.

Advertisement
Back