ESPN names Xavier Restrepo the #6 pass-catcher in the nation

I love the recognition D is getting, my unbias opinion is he isn’t top10 but im just happy all of the work he’s out in is being recognized.

Pound for pound he is #1 because he is the smallest, slowest and least athletic guy on all of these lists but he still finds a way to produce as well as almost anyone in the country. Just shows u how much time and work he has put into his craft his entire life
He may not be big or exceptionally fast (but he's certainly fast enough), but most assuredly is very athletic. He cuts on a dime in his excellent routes, he has top-notch body control that allows him to track and catch balls in a much wider radius than would be expected of someone his size. He does the two most important things a WR can do ..get open, and catch balls even when not perfectly placed. He's a QB's dream on the field because he can help bail the QB out.

Advertisement
The road of a champion is lonely and painful barely getting 8 hours of sleep .

No entourages , no party, no waisted time and practically withdrawn from family friends all together it seems like.

Constantly training even school is your training all coming together then when your sleeping your thinking I could have don better today .
Everything you do is kept in a journal always evaluating your self even punishing your self for letting up or not doing your reps right.

To describe it to a fan is IMPOSSIBLE they just see what’s on the field nothing else.

That why when champions retire it’s an emotional CRASH immediately stopping a life of training to an emotional breakdown collapse.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Blank Stare Staring GIF by ScooterMagruder
Are you cool when you don’t smile, I don’t get no smile.

They must be tough guys I guess.

Ward is going to get C the ball all day every like 20 plus touches a game .
I don’t know what the record for catches is but it will be shattered along with yardage.

I don’t see any reason why Ward and X both can’t be AA .

We’re in for a explosive offense that will knock you back into your seats

Advertisement
Ward is going to get C the ball all day every like 20 plus touches a game .
I don’t know what the record for catches is but it will be shattered along with yardage.

I don’t see any reason why Ward and X both can’t be AA .

We’re in for a explosive offense that will knock you back into your seats
church pray GIF by Matt Maeson

looking at the full list in the article, we should kick the tires in the spring portal with Ricky White (UNLV originally from Ga.) and Tory Horton (Colorado St originally from Cali)

When WR Xavier Restrepo signed with Miami, he was ranked the #623 player in the nation and listed as an “Athlete.” He’s underrated no more. ESPN just named him the #6 pass catcher in the nation heading into the 2024 season.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...g-top-10-wide-receivers-college-football-2024

ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura writes “Restrepo had three relatively quiet seasons at Miami before 2023, when he turned in one of the best years by a receiver in school history. The South Florida native set a school record with 85 catches, becoming just the sixth Hurricanes receiver ever to break the 1,000-yard mark in a season (1,092)”

Restrepo was named first-team All ACC last season, as he raised his YPC by a full yard and tripled his TD total to 6. While some naysayers claimed he was force-fed by his roommate, QB Tyler Van Dyke, he proved just as effective in the bowl game with QB Jacurri Brown (11 catches, 99 yards, 1 TD).

Restrepo bounced around in his high school career, beginning at Monarch before transferring to St. Thomas Aquinas and, finally, Deerfield Beach. He blossomed with the Bucks, making plays at QB, RB, WR, PR and on defense. He also tested well at the high school level, running a 4.58 forty and a 4.16 shuttle. This is what I said about him as a during his senior season:

And here is what one of his HS coaches, our own @Coach Macho, wrote about X back in 2019:

The full Top 10 list from ESPN:

1. Luther Burden III, Missouri
2. Tetairoa McMillan, Arizona
3. Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State
4. Tez Johnson, Oregon
5. Tre Harris, Ole Miss
6. Xavier Restrepo, Miami
7. Caullin Lacy, Louisville
8. Colston Loveland, Michigan
9. Travis Hunter, Colorado
10. Isaiah Bond, Texas

Pulling hard for this kids success. Immeasurable heart and desire.

Advertisement
Never in my 30+ years of Canes fanhood do I remember a player being this good/productive for us, yet still having to deal with doubters/hate. The lack of appreciation for this kid is nauseating...even down to the **** talking that I've seen from other players fathers...saying that he shouldn't start because "he don't get deep" and that it's all "favoritism".

Well you're right. It is favoritism.
Every football coach has favorites. And they're usually kids like X.
They show up early.
They are coachable.
They work hard.
They STFU and play ball.

If we had even 10 Restrepos on this team, we're competing for titles.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t say he’s unathletic at all. The kid was a 4.5 player in high school, that’s fast for that level! He’s definitely a 4.4 man now, and if he takes his training, seriously for the combine next year, he could run a 4.3 . So little, yes, but he’s very athletic!
He's probably at best a 4.53 kind of guy... but Restrepo does the 1 thing that all the great receivers also do. No matter if they are 6'4" or 5'9", no matter if they run 4.27 or 4.72... all of the great ones catch the ****** ball no matter what. I've seen small WRs dominate this sport. Fast WRs, slow WRs, skinny WRs, dumb WRs, Smart WRs all dominate. They all caught 95 out of 100 catchable footballs thrown their way.

some of these backhanded props man, geez. If dude was faster, bigger, yada yada. Dudes a dawg and reps our U well. Go Canes
It wasn’t a backhanded props lmao i been biggin X up before it was cool within the fanbase lmao yall mfs was hatin on him all year

I wouldn’t say he’s unathletic at all. The kid was a 4.5 player in high school, that’s fast for that level! He’s definitely a 4.4 man now, and if he takes his training, seriously for the combine next year, he could run a 4.3 . So little, yes, but he’s very athletic!
I said compared to the other top wrs in the country

And he isn’t 4.3 guy relax lol

Last edited:
He may not be big or exceptionally fast (but he's certainly fast enough), but most assuredly is very athletic. He cuts on a dime in his excellent routes, he has top-notch body control that allows him to track and catch balls in a much wider radius than would be expected of someone his size. He does the two most important things a WR can do ..get open, and catch balls even when not perfectly placed. He's a QB's dream on the field because he can help bail the QB out.
I said compared to the guys on that list. All of what u said is true and basically what I highlighted lol. Routes,timing,body control is all something u gain when u put hella work in and thats what X has done

Advertisement
Back