ESPN looks at the flag gone wrong

Gotta give OSU credit for stopping McGahee, taking away Johnson, forcing 5 TOs and using Krenzel as a runner. The call was bogus but we just didn't get it done. Same as in 88 at ND. Another bad call but we still had a shot at the end down near the goal line and could not punch it in.

Yeah; I highlighted we shot ourselves in the foot, including giving up a 4th & 13. OSU identified picking on Glenn.

Advertisement
Ball was tipped by William Joseph so that negates Pass Interference.

OSU WR pushes off Sharpe

Sharpe barely touched the WR/turned his head/had great coverage

No way Porter should have thrown that flag

The Ref decided the outcome of the game instead of the players on the field. Bad look for CFB

If the bs PI call wasn’t enough, if you watch the replay the ball was tipped at the LOS. SMH just an all around terrible call.

Advertisement
They did get whipped up front, but those kids got punched in the mouth, got back up, and after watching one of their teammates go down with a horrific injury, fought back to win the national championship.
That team would dismantle our current team.

Not sure it has been mentioned in this thread, but if I remember correctly, referee Terry Porter threw his flag and signaled Holding only to change his signal to Pass Interference.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Signed,

Peruche

Not sure it has been mentioned in this thread, but if I remember correctly, referee Terry Porter threw his flag and signaled Holding only to change his signal to Pass Interference.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Signed,

Peruche
He signaled holding because he was thinking about the bag of money he got for that call

Advertisement
What was the payoff for Porter on that call???????......................just wondering.....

I can hear it now......if this is a close game, then we need to do ****. If one of the others did not, then it was his turn to do the deed after looking at the situation.
We were robbed, assaulted, and thrashed on that call, and 9 out of 10 pundits agree.....

To **** with the magazine's take...what else would you expect them to say.......call him out?....

We were robbed, and Porter **** well knows it...
I've mentioned this a few times here, but I live in Central PA and when the Penn State beat writer wrote that we got screwed, It's beyond a doubt we got screwed.

Advertisement
Clappy settling for a tying FG in regulation way early without any serious attempts to score and win ...
Clappy "saving" Frank Gore for next year instead of playing him when Mcgahee went down...
... are some of the unnoticed wimpy coaching decisions made that night

Didn't Gore tear his knee up that year

Worst moment of my sports fan life.
The 2000 BCS fiasco caused me more angst, actually. I guess that's partly because it was my senior year and a chance to play for a natty in our own back yard, and partly because it dragged out week after week as we watched these computer numbers bounce around by thousands of a point. That sh-t cost me at least 3 years of life expectancy.

Advertisement
"Gore suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee before spring practice in 2002 and spent the following season recovering from knee surgery.Before his injury that year, Gore beat out future NFL running back Willis McGahee in the spring of 2002 for the role as the Hurricanes' starter."

Advertisement
Back