ESPN looks at the flag gone wrong

WILLIAM JOSEPH GOT A FINGER ON IT!! Never saw that before!!! ROBBED TWICE ON THE SAME PLAY!! MFS!!!

F0AA0A29-DB20-4E3B-8109-DD998267D495.jpeg

Advertisement
Worst moment of my sports fan life.
Tremendous lesson. I find myself almost always pausing and looking for a flag or something. When Coley scored against FSU at home in 2016, I didn't even fully cheer because I was waiting for the extra point, which of course we somehow missed. For 17 years, it's kind of felt like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Advertisement
The 4th and 14 dummy. Miami gave up 17 yards on that simple throw. But all you dopes do is complain about the refs. The game should have been over then. It never should have gotten to the Porter flag.

Shoulda woulda coulda. There's 150+ plays in the game. If any one of them go a different way, the result is different. But they didn't, and the bottom line is the game came down to 1 play. SHOULD it have? No. But it did.

And what happened? The worst call in the history of organized sports, considering the circumstance and actual play. So yeah, when the worst call in the history of sports goes against you, you're probably gonna be ****ed. No matter what happened before that.

The 4th and 14 dummy. Miami gave up 17 yards on that simple throw. But all you dopes do is complain about the refs. The game should have been over then. It never should have gotten to the Porter flag.
I agree, we should've ended the game right there. I think we only rushed 3 and played super soft on their go-to wr on a simple 15 yard out. The wide open Winston TD from inside the 2 also kills me, still not sure how Dorsey missed him.

Worst part was that Porter wasn't even the closest ref to the play as I recall.

But yeah, 4th and 14 and they converted with a piece of crap QB that I don't think has played a down of football since. Sean Taylor strip is still the only time I physically broke something watching a game. I remember they had no answer for Winslow. He could have caught 25 passes that day. Also remember how close Roscoe came to breaking that return for a TD.

To this day I've never watched a highlight from that game. I feel queasy just responding to this thread.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Welp I'm going to start drinking when I get home. I'm going nuts now seeing the ball was tipped.

Welp I'm going to start drinking when I get home. I'm going nuts now seeing the ball was tipped.

IF IF IF there was instant replay at the time, the tip could have been reviewed, as that is not a judgment call. By rule, PI could not have been called/enforced after a tipped ball. Has anyone ever asked William Joseph about it?

Advertisement
Dorsey 3 1H turnovers
Sean Taylor INT and then stripped
Roscoe fumbling inside the 20 down 3 with 5 minutes left

Yeah the flag ****ed us but we ****ed up plenty ourselves, Ohio State didn't have one scoring drive in regulation over 17 yards
4th and 14 given up by Miami in OT. Miami stops them, we aren’t scarred for life.

IF IF IF there was instant replay at the time, the tip could have been reviewed, as that is not a judgment call. By rule, PI could not have been called/enforced after a tipped ball. Has anyone ever asked William Joseph about it?
I’ll ask him next time we have beers. My brother is a die Osu fan and I just sent him this video of the tip. He’s laughing his *** off.

Advertisement
Back