ESPN looks at the flag gone wrong

We played like *** and that's the bottom line. The game should've never came down to Porter. The OL played like hot trash and Dorsey was off his mark. Add Taylor getting stripped on an int he should've just downed in the EZ along with Parish fumbling late in the forth. Then Parish returns a punt to the 25 and you can only get 3 points.

Advertisement
The 4th and 14 dummy. Miami gave up 17 yards on that simple throw. But all you dopes do is complain about the refs. The game should have been over then. It never should have gotten to the Porter flag.
Yep, the one where Porter swallowed his whistle. Never saw a more obvious case of offensive pass interference.

The 4th and 14 dummy. Miami gave up 17 yards on that simple throw. But all you dopes do is complain about the refs. The game should have been over then. It never should have gotten to the Porter flag.

But it wasn't over, and Porter did **** us as I was making my way on the field.

You can play that bull**** game all day long. Our OL was atrocious all game, their DL played far above their heads. We should have never made it out of regulation as bad as we played letting that **** squad stick around. All very true.

Quite frankly though, there was holding on both sides all game long until Porter decided that...he wasn't sure what he had decided....but he decided something went wrong from the other side of the field as the official 2 yards from the play close enough to knock the ball down himself saw nothing.

Advertisement
We played like *** and that's the bottom line. The game should've never came down to Porter. The OL played like hot trash and Dorsey was off his mark. Add Taylor getting stripped on an int he should've just downed in the EZ along with Parish fumbling late in the forth. Then Parish returns a punt to the 25 and you can only get 3 points.

Not gonna fly man. All anybody will complain about is the flag. It was Miami-Penn St all over again. No way the game should ever have been that close. Fuuuck you Coker.

Never watched the replay of the game and I ain’t doing it now. I remember The game and I was like 14 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember I jumped off the edge of my bed, heard the fireworks n saw the freaking flag get thrown. I assumed it was in Ohio St since I didn’t see anything else wrong from that pass. The ref should’ve said, he had the chance to catch it, he didn’t. Let me keep the flag in my belt. Game over.

At the time the call didn’t bother me as much as we played like crap and I figured we’d be back. Little did I know we would never sniff another title game and we’d be in the toilet for 17 years and counting smh..

The most painful game I've ever watched in my life. You might think it would get easier over time. It doesn't. It actually hurts more now than at times 10 or so years ago because I truly believe that game sent us in a downward spiral that we never emerged from even to this day. Recruits weren't even born when that game was played and it would have been so different had we just won the game like we should have.

Advertisement
At the time the call didn’t bother me as much as we played like crap and I figured we’d be back. Little did I know we would never sniff another title game and we’d be in the toilet for 17 years and counting smh..

The question is does winning that NC change anything?

I am sick of hearing about that flag.....JUST fuucking stop them on 4th down. Krenzel completed just 7 **** passes all game long, which includes OT. I believe he had completed only 4-5 passes prior to that one.
That was 4th down?

Advertisement
and what exactly does a win change?

Same recruiting class, same coaching staff, etc
Maybe we don't join the ACC if we win that game. Maybe recruiting classes would have been different. Certainly that game cast a dark shadow over the program that we have not emerged from to this day. It's been 17 years and that loss still stings greatly. I don't know if you are old enough to remember that game, but most fans I know who are in their mid-30s or older unequivocally think of that game as the start of the long descent.

Still can’t watch a highlight without a sick feeling. Terry Porter is a piece of **** for doing that. A true piece of ****. Total robbery.

Advertisement
Tremendous lesson. I find myself almost always pausing and looking for a flag or something. When Coley scored against FSU at home in 2016, I didn't even fully cheer because I was waiting for the extra point, which of course we somehow missed. For 17 years, it's kind of felt like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I’m glad Im not the only one who feels this way for big TD moments. Subconsciously, I already expect a flag.

I can’t watch this game I turned it off. I just don’t want my night to be ruined.

We lost that game before kickoff. I heard we were printing out post game party fliers days before the game.
I had 30 people at my apartment that night and I was the only 'Cane fan. Needless to say, that place cleared out with the quickness.

Advertisement
Back