ESPN Launches New Branding Campaign for ACC Channel

Advertisement
Yeah, with a good antenna I can get Palm Beach and Ft. Myers. They both have all the major networks and some other movie ones like ion, etc. My parents get both but they have a huge outdoor antenna, about 6 ft higher than the roof.

Lord, 6 foot - I would never guess you had to go that big.

Living where I do, I do get all the local stations on my U-verse package anyway, but if I go full streaming which I very may well do in the near future, it’s possible that the HD TV antenna would then be part of my setup. But I know this, I can get all the major stations with just an indoor set up, thankfully.

As long as your outdoor HDTV antenna isn’t an eyesore you should be good to go

You have to call your provider now.

Tell them "I want my ACC".

Hey, it worked for MTV, and they haven't played music in 20 years.

But seriously, call your provider and ask for it. I would imagine that the satellites will carry it, but make you pay for it. Any cable company with a presence in the ACC footprint will probably include it in your first-tier sports package, especially with the uncertain future of the Fox Sports Net channels.
What's happening to the fsn sports channels.

Advertisement
I know. I was here. Don’t worry about the bashing. Miami has a lot of cowardly fake fans who are afraid to play teams that are actually ranked. If it were up to them, the schedule would be ALL G5 schools - because they’ve penciled in losses for any team with a relative pulse over the last few years (VT, BC, GT …).

“But, but, but FSU is going to get all the recruits if they don’t go 0-12” Tell me when misfortune for FSU has actually led to a benefit for Miami? Hasn’t happened. They constantly whine like broke leg whores about how kids who reject Miami are afraid of competition (even while recruits choose schools with stacked rosters) yet they’re afraid to play any team that’s at full strength. “We’ll get boatraced!”

Every year Miami plays FSU, I want FSU to be undefeated entering the game … and having one loss exiting the game. If that means they beat Clemson this year, so be it - but ain’t no pussies on CIS telling me how to be a Cane fan.
your right about the acc needs Miami and fsu to be great again.all other rivalry games could not match the atmosphere surrounding the week leading up to or during the game like the um-fsu games in the late 80s to the mid 90s.even when either or both teams are down espn still has that as a prime time game most of the time.

Only thing I can find is some random cable company but no mention of any others. Most of the articles are at 4 months old or more.

I think it will be televised just like SEC Network. So if you get that now ACCN should slide right in. No sauce, just sense. I have YouTube TV so I’m crossing my fingers.

Advertisement
ESPN stated in June 2017 that it had reached carriage deals for the ACC Network with unknown providers.[12] In October 2017, Altice USA committed to offering the channel as part of in its latest round of carriage negotiations with Disney.[13] On December 30, 2018, Disney reached a new carriage agreement with Verizon Fios, which included carriage of the ACC Network.[14] On March 12, 2019, agreement was reached with the largest provider DirecTV.[15]

They don’t need strong brands, they need strong football play. The ACC has been lacking and that won’t improve this year. Clemson, Miami (yes, Miami will be dominant this year) … crickets. Ok, maybe Syracuse, UVA and BC, but really, no comparison; ESPN is right to prioritize the SEC. If the SEC decided to annex Clemson … the ACC, as of now, would become PAC-12 East.

Also, VT and BC (or any other teams in the ACC, for that matter) are not near the strong brands that FSU is. Most posters won’t like this but Miami needs a strong rival, with a good brand, that Miami plays every year, that can consistently rank in the top-10. There is only one team that SHOULD do that.

Equal billing … smh.

Well said, I was replying to another poster but you’re correct; we do need a consistent rival that also shows well for the cameras (which includes all the chatter too). Clemson is one of those teams but requires the Canes to get to the ACCCG on a yearly basis. That leaves FSU, but until Willie leaves or is forced out, I just don’t see them coming anywhere close to a Top 10 team, much less Top 25.

Does anyone know if it will be available on all services? I have Dish and pay for all the sports channels, I certainly hope so.

I would sure think so...**** I have pac 12, longhorn, SEC and Big 10 networks so it would be stupid for the ACC network to be the only one Dish didnt carry...though Dish does seem to be getting in a lot of disputes with channels lately. better get this HBO spat fixed before GOT starts

Here come the FSU slurpers looking for an excuse to be pro-FSU.

Let me be crystal clear : FŪCK FSU

I hope they go 0-12 every year. Their failure absolutely helps us. From a wins standpoint and from a recruiting standpoint.

And if you don’t get that, you’re just plain stupid.

There is no justifiable reason for us to want them to be good. None!

Genius.... I can see how beating a bunch of 0-12 teams would help improve our national image, get us in the playoffs, and get the ACC some respect. I can also see how us beating them 2 years in a row and them missing a bowl helped us immensely in recruiting, they only beat us by 10 spots. Probably doesnt matter though with Willie at the helm

Advertisement
I would sure think so...**** I have pac 12, longhorn, SEC and Big 10 networks so it would be stupid for the ACC network to be the only one Dish didnt carry...though Dish does seem to be getting in a lot of disputes with channels lately. better get this HBO spat fixed before GOT starts
I have all those channels too, as well as NBC, CBS, Fox 1and 2, Florida and CBS sports. Also some regional ones but I haven't seen Dish mentioned in any article about it. I didn't get a chance to call yesterday but I'm going to try today

Genius.... I can see how beating a bunch of 0-12 teams would help improve our national image, get us in the playoffs, and get the ACC some respect. I can also see how us beating them 2 years in a row and them missing a bowl helped us immensely in recruiting, they only beat us by 10 spots. Probably doesnt matter though with Willie at the helm

I’m not stopping you. Cheer for FSU..it’s a free country.

I guarantee you, if they continue to suck we will win the greater share of recruiting battles. They’ve only sucked a couple of years, and we blew last year, soyour example is irrelevant.

As long as we go win and they continue to suck, we’ll beat them for recruits. But you go ahead and keep cheering for them.

I have all those channels too, as well as NBC, CBS, Fox 1and 2, Florida and CBS sports. Also some regional ones but I haven't seen Dish mentioned in any article about it. I didn't get a chance to call yesterday but I'm going to try today

In reality though, only our crappy non-conference game will be on ACC network. If you have a smart TV, you can download the ESPN app and watch em on your TV, so if Dish doesnt carry it, but its available for streaming, not much lost imo

Advertisement
I’m not stopping you. Cheer for FSU..it’s a free country.

I guarantee you, if they continue to suck we will win the greater share of recruiting battles. They’ve only sucked a couple of years, and we blew last year, soyour example is irrelevant.

As long as we go win and they continue to suck, we’ll beat them for recruits. But you go ahead and keep cheering for them.

how is it irrelevant when you said them sucking meant more recruiting wins for us...yet we won 2 more games than them and finished much worse in the recruiting rankings? reasoning isnt your strong suit, I get it

In reality though, only our crappy non-conference game will be on ACC network. If you have a smart TV, you can download the ESPN app and watch em on your TV, so if Dish doesnt carry it, but its available for streaming, not much lost imo
You can only see channels that are available from your provider. They do have conference games scheduled for ACCN and obviously will have replays and extra coverage. I'll post what I hear back, I'm going to try soon

how is it irrelevant when you said them sucking meant more recruiting wins for us...yet we won 2 more games than them and finished much worse in the recruiting rankings? reasoning isnt your strong suit, I get it

Because it takes time to sink in, chief. It doesn’t happen right away. Recruits get fooled into thinking it’s just a blip, a 2 year anomaly.

But go cheer for them. I don’t care. Go get your garnet and gold pom poms and cheer away.

Because it takes time to sink in, chief. It doesn’t happen right away. Recruits get fooled into thinking it’s just a blip, a 2 year anomaly.

But go cheer for them. I don’t care. Go get your garnet and gold pom poms and cheer away.

Only took recruits one year to realize it for us Chief, from 8th to 28th. Keep playing your 2 of spades "trump card" though accusing me of being an FSU fan. **** I wish everyone on our schedule was 0-12, so we would look that much more dominant in the ACC. Is it too late to get Kansas and Rutgers on our non-conference schedule?

Advertisement
Back