ESPN Launches New Branding Campaign for ACC Channel

Here come the FSU slurpers looking for an excuse to be pro-FSU.

Let me be crystal clear : FŪCK FSU

I hope they go 0-12 every year. Their failure absolutely helps us. From a wins standpoint and from a recruiting standpoint.

And if you don’t get that, you’re just plain stupid.

There is no justifiable reason for us to want them to be good. None!

Last edited:

duke4heisman

Senior
Here is a new article naming quite a few services that will carry it, including streaming. Unfortunately, it doesn't mention Dish but I'm going to call them this afternoon.

QuatroCane

Junior

I hope they go 0-12 every year. Their failure like helps us. From a wins standpoint and from a recruiting standpoint.

But, but, but...it's a mutual respect and Bobby played Miami when UF wouldn't. Never understood the handjob some Miami "fans" want to give fsu all the time.

kryptonite

AARP
I’ve had this debate previously (not trying to stir up CIS) … imo, Miami needs (okay, maybe need is a strong word) for them to be good. They have brand, they have championships, they have history. I get the hate, but Miami is more yoked to FSU than fans want to admit. They’re going to get kids, so will Florida; it’s the way it’s always been. Like you said, Miami just have to win when Miami plays either school.
That's my feeling as well, I was just trying to head off the bashing that comes my way from saying it. The runup to the fsu/bama opener a few years ago was heated around here.

Tetragrammaton Cane

Bandwagon Driverless
That's my feeling as well, I was just trying to head off the bashing that comes my way from saying it. The runup to the fsu/bama opener a few years ago was heated around here.
I know. I was here. Don’t worry about the bashing. Miami has a lot of cowardly fake fans who are afraid to play teams that are actually ranked. If it were up to them, the schedule would be ALL G5 schools - because they’ve penciled in losses for any team with a relative pulse over the last few years (VT, BC, GT …).

“But, but, but FSU is going to get all the recruits if they don’t go 0-12” Tell me when misfortune for FSU has actually led to a benefit for Miami? Hasn’t happened. They constantly whine like broke leg whores about how kids who reject Miami are afraid of competition (even while recruits choose schools with stacked rosters) yet they’re afraid to play any team that’s at full strength. “We’ll get boatraced!”

Every year Miami plays FSU, I want FSU to be undefeated entering the game … and having one loss exiting the game. If that means they beat Clemson this year, so be it - but ain’t no pussies on CIS telling me how to be a Cane fan.

JD08

Freshman

I hope they go 0-12 every year. Their failure absolutely helps us. From a wins standpoint and from a recruiting standpoint.

How about because it will crush their spirit that much more when we beat them?

How about because it will crush their spirit that much more when we beat them?
Yes, of course.

I only want misery for them. I want them to suffer.

I don’t hate them as much is the gators, but close enough.

We’ve got too many fake fans wanting to cheer for them using the excuse of “oh they need to be highly ranked when we play them” as a reason to be semenhole fans and fake Miami fans

I thought I saw something where it was only on DirecTV.. I hope not as I have U-verse but pay for all the sports channels
Loks like DirecTv, PSVue, Hulu, Optimum, and Fios are the only providers that have it right now
But I assume if you get espn3, you'll be able to stream any game on the ACCNetwok.

D_G87

Sophomore
Loks like DirecTv, PSVue, Hulu, Optimum, and Fios are the only providers that have it right now
But I assume if you get espn3, you'll be able to stream any game on the ACCNetwok.
I just called UVerse and they couldn’t even give me an answer on if they will get the channel(s) or not in august..

IndayArtHauz

Staff member
“We do this” is the most miserably postmodern slogan I have ever heard. It is a zeitgeist of unwashed tighty whities that are soaked through with reductive marketing farts from the Very Online PR Department. It is advertising sharts, very bad of very bad.

I want this nascent network to fail, even against the best wishes of my beloved and sacred program, solely because of its gross incompetence.

D RevLee

Graduated from hungry, and made it to greedy
ESPN needs FSU and Miami for this **** to work. I'm fighting off pipe dreams the anti ACC, pro SEC rhetoric calms down a little bit from the network.
True. And the NCAA needs Miami to play the villain. Clemson and Bama just don't fit the mold.

JeddTheFisch

Fischin'
The FSU thing is debatable. My feeling is that as long as they never beat us, them being good helps overall. But there's an argument for them to lose every game every year as well. That would help our recruiting, and honestly be funny as hell.

Upside is that we win either way. As long as we win. Or something.
I want F$U to lose every game, believe me. But rivalries sell. That much is not debatable.

GAhurricane

Recruit
No. If your cable provider does not have ACCN, you wont be able to get ACCN games on WatchESPN.

duke4heisman

Senior
No. If your cable provider does not have ACCN, you wont be able to get ACCN games on WatchESPN.
Yep. That's what the article says, they suggest to call your provider and ask them to carry it. I'm going to call later anyway because my local CBS has been off for almost 2 months. These greedy bastards are arguing over a contract for a channel that's completely free with an antenna. Unfortunately I can't pick up any channels where I live, at least not with an indoor one.

Yep. That's what the article says, they suggest to call your provider and ask them to carry it. I'm going to call later anyway because my local CBS has been off for almost 2 months. These greedy bastards are arguing over a contract for a channel that's completely free with an antenna. Unfortunately I can't pick up any channels where I live, at least not with an indoor one.
Have you tried a high gain indoor 4K/HDTV antena. Worth a shot for ~$25

duke4heisman

Senior
Ye
Have you tried a high gain indoor 4K/HDTV antena. Worth a shot for ~$25

Yeah I tried an amplified 80 mile one and got nothing. I tried a 120 mile (I think) and got a few random channels but only if I put it in the window. Wasn't the main ones though, I don't know if it's because I have a metal roof or what. I do live right in the middle of both coasts though, about 90 miles from each.
I've thought about an outdoor one or maybe in the attic.

Ye
Yeah I tried an amplified 80 mile one and got nothing. I tried a 120 mile (I think) and got a few random channels but only if I put it in the window. Wasn't the main ones though, I don't know if it's because I have a metal roof or what. I do live right in the middle of both coasts though, about 90 miles from each.
I've thought about an outdoor one or maybe in the attic.
Yeah sounds like you’re gonna have to go outside