ESPN Launches New Branding Campaign for ACC Channel

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anyone know if it will be available on all services? I have Dish and pay for all the sports channels, I certainly hope so.

Advertisement
They don’t need strong brands, they need strong football play. The ACC has been lacking and that won’t improve this year. Clemson, Miami (yes, Miami will be dominant this year) … crickets. Ok, maybe Syracuse, UVA and BC, but really, no comparison; ESPN is right to prioritize the SEC. If the SEC decided to annex Clemson … the ACC, as of now, would become PAC-12 East.

Also, VT and BC (or any other teams in the ACC, for that matter) are not near the strong brands that FSU is. Most posters won’t like this but Miami needs a strong rival, with a good brand, that Miami plays every year, that can consistently rank in the top-10. There is only one team that SHOULD do that.

Equal billing … smh.

I don't know what the solution is (probably money), but the ACC hasn't been nearly as consistent as the SEC. We looked like the second best conference a few years ago, now we're back to 4th/5th. Part of it is that Miami and fsu need to be consistently good at the same time, and that will hopefully be enough to bring up some other teams. If we can change the perception of the top of the ACC, the bottom will start to get better recruits and coaches.

And before anyone accuses me of being about the ACC instead of Miami, I'm just saying this because it's what's best for Miami. All that "win and we're in" stuff works better when the teams we play look decent. And the big thing is the money. The better the teams, the better the money, the better for us.

ESPN branding for the ACC: ‘WE DO THIS’...

Who thinks of this stuff, how is the FSU one "set in stone"? WTF does that even mean? It would make sense if it was VT considering their named after the Hokie Stone. I guess they figured they better stay away from any Indian references due to all the SJW's.

Oh, and considering their bowl streak "legacy" just went in to the *******...SMH

Does anyone know if it will be available on all services? I have Dish and pay for all the sports channels, I certainly hope so.

I thought I saw something where it was only on DirecTV.. I hope not as I have U-verse but pay for all the sports channels

Advertisement
I thought I saw something where it was only on DirecTV.. I hope not as I have U-verse but pay for all the sports channels
Only thing I can find is some random cable company but no mention of any others. Most of the articles are at 4 months old or more.

I agree.

I hinted at it … but I’ll just say it, either Willie Taggert restores FSU back to Championship caliber or Miami fans should lobby that he be fired. He’s ******* up the conference, just like a down Miami did. The conference doesn’t work with Miami and/or FSU down. Both teams HAVE to be good. All the time. That game should be THE rivalry event of the college football season. Not AL/Auburn, nor OK/TX nor MI/OSU.

The FSU thing is debatable. My feeling is that as long as they never beat us, them being good helps overall. But there's an argument for them to lose every game every year as well. That would help our recruiting, and honestly be funny as ****.

Upside is that we win either way. As long as we win. Or something.

Advertisement

You have to call your provider now.

Tell them "I want my ACC".

Hey, it worked for MTV, and they haven't played music in 20 years.

But seriously, call your provider and ask for it. I would imagine that the satellites will carry it, but make you pay for it. Any cable company with a presence in the ACC footprint will probably include it in your first-tier sports package, especially with the uncertain future of the Fox Sports Net channels.

Here come the FSU slurpers looking for an excuse to be pro-FSU.

Let me be crystal clear : FŪCK FSU

I hope they go 0-12 every year. Their failure absolutely helps us. From a wins standpoint and from a recruiting standpoint.

And if you don’t get that, you’re just plain stupid.

There is no justifiable reason for us to want them to be good. None!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back