ESPN: Jeremy Crabtree talks Ice Hiring

Props to Crabtree for having the win against Florida playing while he talked about the "home run" hire for recruiting.

Advertisement
look at who ice follows on twitter. the guy is already crootin' !!! love it

today, Golden is learning the SoFla crootin' game
too bad, it's not for the fair or weak
but it's a fertile ground - hope it's not full of horse shi!t too

This move is a Gamechanger. SFL "handlers" will have to play things a little different with Ice. Maximum Respect.

Please, expand on this. They will have to play things a little differently or they will be forced to accept the bag and head to the SEC? Were our coaches getting hustled by the handlers before that will magically stop?

Advertisement
This move is a Gamechanger. SFL "handlers" will have to play things a little different with Ice. Maximum Respect.

Please, expand on this. They will have to play things a little differently or they will be forced to accept the bag and head to the SEC? Were our coaches getting hustled by the handlers before that will magically stop?

What I'm saying is that Ice has built a successful program in the heart of SFL. Not just a few successful years/teams, but a successful program. It goes without saying that he has had to navigate shark-infested waters while building that program. That type of experience and success commands respect from everyone, including "handlers". I'm not saying the dark side of recruiting will change. We know it won't. I'm saying that having someone like him with massive experience, contacts and credibility (with coaches and families) will be enough to keep some kids here in SFL despite what their "handlers" may be trying to sell them on.

Theoretically we could just open a gas station with a McDonald's inside and that'd take care of the "handlers". Until then, I'm fine with hiring moves like this with legit hs corches like Icee.

What I'm saying is that Ice has built a successful program in the heart of SFL. Not just a few successful years/teams, but a successful program. It goes without saying that he has had to navigate shark-infested waters while building that program. That type of experience and success commands respect from everyone, including "handlers". I'm not saying the dark side of recruiting will change. We know it won't. I'm saying that having someone like him with massive experience, contacts and credibility (with coaches and families) will be enough to keep some kids here in SFL despite what their "handlers" may be trying to sell them on.

So why didn't we make ice an assistant coach?

So why didn't we make ice an assistant coach?

You have to have a degree to be a coach. Supposedly he'll be finishing up his degree so possibly he can move up into a coaching position later on like Hurlie did.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back