ESPN: Jeremy Crabtree talks Ice Hiring

Advertisement
Petes gonna have to clarify that one because i believe he said Ice would be able to contact recruits. I've read 3 different articles saying that he would not recruit nor could he contact recruits.

Although him being able to interact directly with other high school coaches is key in my opinion

Positive comments made about the hiring

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10554462

Ice, ice baby! Gonna be a cold blooded cruiter.

he can't directly contact recruits, only the high school coaches

With Hurlie, iirc, that position acted as the ring leader of on campus events in which recruits attended. Camps, Junior days, etc... If thats accurate, he can have direct access with recruits. He can't hit the recruiting trail with coaches, but with on campus events - he can be very involved, to my understanding.

Advertisement
Positive comments made about the hiring

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10554462

Ice, ice baby! Gonna be a cold blooded cruiter.

he can't directly contact recruits, only the high school coaches

He can contact recruits through social media and during on campus visits

more importantly....can he contact their coaches and handlers??

of course he can

Advertisement
He can contact recruits on social media. Twitter, skype, facebook, Instagram, Google+, linkedin .. He can Im these kids through and of these sites lol.
Shoot, I had a job interview over Skype lmao. Pretty much he can't show up to these players' doorsteps lol

LOL @ the dopes that think Ice will not be in contact with recruits.

god **** right. this is a recruiting move and a **** good one. all the haters wanna scream desperation. but if this was anywhere else the fans would call this top notch evolving and understanding of south florida coaches. I mean after the fiasco a little over a year ago, who would've seen this coming. To me it says our coaches at the very least learn from their mistakes and do a **** of a job of evolving

He can contact recruits on social media. Twitter, skype, facebook, Instagram, Google+, linkedin .. He can Im these kids through and of these sites lol.
Shoot, I had a job interview over Skype lmao. Pretty much he can't show up to these players' doorsteps lol

There are ways around everything..,,,...

This move is a Gamechanger. SFL "handlers" will have to play things a little different with Ice. Maximum Respect.

Advertisement
Its pretty **** simple he cant travel to recruits homes, the schools or any of the hardcore things that the coaches do to get a recruit

Its pretty **** simple he cant travel to recruits homes, the schools or any of the hardcore things that the coaches do to get a recruit

In theory, I suppose this is correct.

Realistically, however, I doubt things will shake out like that.

Advertisement
This move is a Gamechanger. SFL "handlers" will have to play things a little different with Ice. Maximum Respect.

I agree. One way to combat the shady dealings and difficult coaches that have something against the program is to have one of the most respected coaches in south Florida high school history on your side working with you

This is similar to the tactic Alabama used when the hired Kevin Steele to a non-coaching position - solely leverage his recruiting abilities through these other channels. I am a big fan of this power move by Golden

Almost identical position as hurlie brown before he was a positional coach. Yes.... he can recruit

Advertisement
Back