ESPN at it again against us

Ruiz himself posts it out as a good thing and some of you still crying because always so defensive. Relax

Advertisement
If I was as worried about the legalities of the situation, I’d still be crying about the Grant of Rights and in fear we’ll never leave the ACC.

That said, under your theory the ACC gets absorbed by the SEC.
It's not "my theory" ... it is the opinion of people like Dan Patrick who is pretty wired in to people INSIDE of the conferences and the networks who are doing the actual negotiations. A lot of scenarios have been run by the networks, a lot of viewership analysis by program and region. He stated pretty clearly that the Big 10 new media deal, which eliminated ESPN from any more football or basketball broadcasts, replacing ESPN with FOX, CBS / NBC, might POSSIBLY include ND in the media package as well (their 7 games that aren't committed to the ACC). "If that happens, then look to the SEC to immediately pick up Clemson, Miami and FSU, and possibly one other ACC team". Would they then replace those programs with teams from the Big 12 to keep the ACC network "viable"? Or would they shut it down and basically eliminate the ACC conference? No idea.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They don't have it against Miami. They NIL stuff is the wild west right now and Miami happens to have the most-prominent booster type out there making noise, making a difference and with his name and face attached to everything. If John Ruiz spoke softly and carried a big stick, there'd be nothing for ESPN to report. UM just happens to have a guy who is very brash and vocal about all he's doing in the NIL space, so it's the most-obvious angle to the story—as well as the fact the Canes are a national brand.

Not as exciting to talk about College Station and car dealership owners throwing money around at aTm.

USC boosters just announced a collective ran by themselves that the school is against and there have been crickets about that

#trumpycanethoughts

I don't think this segment was harmful. There are obviously going to be people who question Ruiz, Miami, etc. They briefly discussed that and potential issues people have with NIL deals.

Overall, it was whatever. It didn't really get into any details or say anything new.

While our more atural rivals would be in the SEC, the Big Ten is where the moneys at. CFB money comes from TV revenue and look at the television markets that the Big Ten has wrapped up compared to the SEC>

Advertisement
the segment was 100% intended to be a hit piece on Miami & Ruiz. bringing up NCAA sniffing around & saying "AD HC of football & bball counldnt be reached for comment" What are they gonna comment on? they're not associated with LifeWallet

This is media nowadays where just planting the doubt of impropriety is enough for them. I'd have no problem questioning what's going on down here if they'd bring up whats been going on the last 15 years in bama georgia lsu clemson etc...

ESPN at it again against us

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

Very positive piece. Should help with recruiting.

Ruiz himself tweeted out how it was a good piece.

Happy I See You GIF by Bounce

I'd have no problem questioning what's going on down here if they'd bring up whats been going on the last 15 years in bama georgia lsu clemson etc...

****, I'd settle for one in-depth story on Jimbo's most recent recruiting class at A2M.

Wonder when ESPN's doing that one? 😏

Advertisement
Back