ESPN 97.5 in Houston: Herman is #1 on Miami list

Houston boards are adamant that he ain't leaving for miami

Link please?

I can only find one Cougar board. They have nothing on this.

Besides, if this is BOT/Flake generated. They want to put out the notion that they're trying REAL HARD to get a decent coach.

More likely is that Herman's agent is orchestrating a big pay raise, based on a half-season of success.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No employed HC is going to interview or talk to us until the regular season is done.
We may be talking to his agent but that's about it.

No employed HC is going to interview or talk to us until the regular season is done.
We may be talking to his agent but that's about it.

Doesn't mean that his agent isn't talking to him and finding out info to pass along to us before a formal interview can be done.

Listen, I would love a Herman hire.

But with Butch, you get a coach tomorrow, not some time in late December. I'm not sayin', I'm jussayin'.

But with Butch, you get a coach tomorrow, not some time in late December. I'm not sayin', I'm jussayin'.

It's better to wait if it means getting the right guy. Alabama waited till early January to get Saban. I think it worked out fine for them.

Advertisement

It's better to wait if it means getting the right guy. Alabama waited till early January to get Saban. I think it worked out fine for them.

So, you're saying that Herman = Satan? Don't think so.

As long as Houston is in the AAC, they're not paying Herman, or anyone $4 million.
Not only can UM pay more, but he'll never play for a NC at Houston in the AAC. If this guy's the savage everyone thinks he is then he wants to compete for the big prize.

Having said all that, I'm sure Herman's agent is putting these stories out there to either increase his bargaining power with the open jobs or to get him a big raise. No one in their right mind thinks the slow-motion reactors at UM already have their guy.

As long as Houston is in the AAC, they're not paying Herman, or anyone $4 million.
Not only can UM pay more, but he'll never play for a NC at Houston in the AAC. If this guy's the savage everyone thinks he is then he wants to compete for the big prize.

Having said all that, I'm sure Herman's agent is putting these stories out there to either increase his bargaining power with the open jobs or to get him a big raise. No one in their right mind thinks the slow-motion reactors at UM already have their guy.

The last part is so true.

I highly doubt UM has assembled a list let alone found their guy.

Advertisement
He is just looking for a Golden contract extension. Doesn't he use a running QB? We have any of those?

If you see how he used JT Barrett, he was more of a distributor with some running. He ran the **** out of Cardell Jones because Cardell is an awful QB. He is just big, fast, and has a powerful arm.

If nothing more, this shows that he uses his players attributes to their advantage.

Houston fans are hanging their hats on the hope that Houston will be invited to a P5 conference soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement

So, you're saying that Herman = Satan? Don't think so.

You're not understanding. I don't want to hire someone right now for the sake of having a coach. If Butch is the best guy, then by all means, hire him and lets go. If Herman is our best option, then I'm fine waiting till the end of the season and hiring him. I'm using Alabama as an example. They waited till the end of the pro season to get their guy and it worked out. It might have hurt recruiting that season not having a guy for so long but in the long run it was the right decision.

If the radio host was Lance Zierlein then this has legs. Lance is super plugged in and knows more football than this whole board combined.

Advertisement
Back