ESPN 97.5 in Houston: Herman is #1 on Miami list

Advertisement
This goes against all the info being put out there by the insiders. Highly doubt that Miami even has a #1 as of yet

I doubt Houston will give him permission to interview with Miami. I suppose there are back channels by which Miami and Herman can do this but with so many random sources citing this connection, this smells of the agent trying to gain leverage for either a bigger pay raise with houston OR increased bidding by other schools

Advertisement
Doesn't pass the sniff test (that Miami would fax a list of their top candidates to anyone) but it's better than reading that Mario is their top choice.

He is just looking for a Golden contract extension. Doesn't he use a running QB? We have any of those?

No coach has ever adapted his system to the talent he has on the roster. It has never happened

After 5 years of Al I am not trusting anyone to do that. To few and far in between. We cannot afford another 4 years of DNA experiments.

Golden is an incompetent boob. He is actually in the minority when it comes to not adapting. Not the norm.

Advertisement
I doubt Houston will give him permission to interview with Miami. I suppose there are back channels by which Miami and Herman can do this but with so many random sources citing this connection, this smells of the agent trying to gain leverage for either a bigger pay raise with houston OR increased bidding by other schools

Agree. Can you officially have a full, meaningful interview without his AD give permission? As inept our AD and BOT are, I doubt they hire someone without going through the standard hiring practices, including a thorough interview. Especially considering the failures of previous hires at Miami.

Doesn't pass the sniff test (that Miami would fax a list of their top candidates to anyone) but it's better than reading that Mario is their top choice.

Sounds like sources!
All_kinds_of_hot_sauce.jpg

Advertisement
He is just looking for a Golden contract extension. Doesn't he use a running QB? We have any of those?

If he's anything like Meyer, he'll adapt his offense like Meyer did for Leak until he finds his guy. Meyer did win a championship with Leak.

May have been some inquiries but this smells of a crafty agent looking to create big demand for his client.

This!

If you wanted Southern Cal to give you a contract, a DECENT Contract that includes Max Control of the Program, you would need your Agent to "create demand".

Not that we're not interested. We are. But I can't see the Hecht faxing some talk show host in Houston The Short List.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back