ESPN 300 came out today

If we only taking 2 MAYBE 3 WRs do we really want Jojo as one of them?..Maybe I need to look at this kids film again..I swear I dont see it..I could be wrong. But there should be a legit 5 guys ahead of him on our big board..(Lane, Dixon, Cannon, Rudolph, Brady)

Jojo would come in as an athlete who very well could end up at CB a position he is very good at

Advertisement
No way Moten is a better prospect than Clark, Like 'em both but Clark will be the better player. Ditto Lammons and Rudolph, although that is closer. I would take both over Holmes and Dixon, though.
One thing to remember is they do watch game tape not just highlights . If they watched a few games and Clark is on the sidelines because he is tired they will take that into account.

If we only taking 2 MAYBE 3 WRs do we really want Jojo as one of them?..Maybe I need to look at this kids film again..I swear I dont see it..I could be wrong. But there should be a legit 5 guys ahead of him on our big board..(Lane, Dixon, Cannon, Rudolph, Brady)

Jojo would come in as an athlete who very well could end up at CB a position he is very good at

Verstility, that's what coaches love the most so now he can come in and they can mold him into whatever he's best at and that type of guy you can never have enough of

Advertisement
No way Moten is a better prospect than Clark, Like 'em both but Clark will be the better player. Ditto Lammons and Rudolph, although that is closer. I would take both over Holmes and Dixon, though.
One thing to remember is they do watch game tape not just highlights . If they watched a few games and Clark is on the sidelines because he is tired they will take that into account.

This is true. Clarks conditioning was terrible this year.

2- Jabrill Peppers
8- Speedy Noil
14- Lorenzo Carter
16- Sony Michel
18- Joseph Yearby
25- Ermon Lane
31- Gerald Willis III
43- Johnnie Dixon
44- Arrion Springs
52- Kc Mcdermott
75- Corey Holmes
79- Travis Rudolph
81- Chris Lammons
85- Artavis Scott
104- Jacob Pugh
130- Trevor Darling
131- JoJo Robinson
143- Anthony Moten
146- Khari Clark
150 Travonte Valentine

Where is cook ranked?

2- Jabrill Peppers
8- Speedy Noil
14- Lorenzo Carter
16- Sony Michel
18- Joseph Yearby
25- Ermon Lane
31- Gerald Willis III
43- Johnnie Dixon
44- Arrion Springs
52- Kc Mcdermott
75- Corey Holmes
79- Travis Rudolph
81- Chris Lammons
85- Artavis Scott
104- Jacob Pugh
130- Trevor Darling
131- JoJo Robinson
143- Anthony Moten
146- Khari Clark
150 Travonte Valentine

Where is cook ranked?

#20 overall. #4 RB

2- Jabrill Peppers
8- Speedy Noil
14- Lorenzo Carter
16- Sony Michel
18- Joseph Yearby
25- Ermon Lane
31- Gerald Willis III
43- Johnnie Dixon
44- Arrion Springs
52- Kc Mcdermott
75- Corey Holmes
79- Travis Rudolph
81- Chris Lammons
85- Artavis Scott
104- Jacob Pugh
130- Trevor Darling
131- JoJo Robinson
143- Anthony Moten
146- Khari Clark
150 Travonte Valentine

Where is cook ranked?

#20 overall. #4 RB

Oh look, ESPN agrees with me.

Sony > Yearby > Cook.

Laff laff.

Advertisement
Off the initial 150 I could see us getting around 10 guys.

Laff laff, don't get your hopes up man. We're not LSU.... LSU will get every single LA kid on that list that they want.

Out of those 10, Miami will lose 2-5 to the SEC, 2-5 to UF, and 2-5 to FSU. With a really great staff, which we have right now, MAYBE we get half. MAYBE.

And we should be happy with that.

What concerns me is that while this is a good class in South Florida, it's not such a great class for defensive talent. No real great CB's, no real great LB's, pretty much one DE.... and we need to keep recruiting at those positions. Our national brand has taken a hit with the NCAA stuff plus the 7 win seasons.... how will that affect our depth?

Advertisement

Laff laff, don't get your hopes up man. We're not LSU.... LSU will get every single LA kid on that list that they want.

Out of those 10, Miami will lose 2-5 to the SEC, 2-5 to UF, and 2-5 to FSU. With a really great staff, which we have right now, MAYBE we get half. MAYBE.

What concerns me is that while this is a good class in South Florida, it's not such a great class for defensive talent. No real great CB's, no real great LB's, pretty much one DE.... and we need to keep recruiting at those positions. Our national brand has taken a hit with the NCAA stuff plus the 7 win seasons.... how will that affect our depth?

we have to win past few years ND has been floting around the 25 but after last year they had a top 5 class so it makes recruiting easy

we have to win past few years ND has been floting around the 25 but after last year they had a top 5 class so it makes recruiting easy

Truth.

We should be happy with recruiting classes ranked in the top 25 IMO. Canes fans need to stop living in the past and realize where we are at. Some of these kids just aren't gonna be ACC kids and that's the reality of it.

If we stop worrying about who we miss on and start appreciating the kids we get, we can have as a goal to win ACC championships in the future.

Example, Dalvin Cook isn't a MNC type back, but you can sure win an ACC championship with that kind of talent. We just gotta let the Sony Michel's of the world go.

I think in a couple years, we will be up to Clemson and FSU's level and playing for ACC championships, and that's thanks to having a great coaching staff that's working their butts off.

Honestly, though, between the NCAA, Randy Shannon, and Larry Coker, the days of competing for National Titles are over in Miami. We'll all be a lot happier if we keep our expectations realistic.

I hate writing that, but that's just honest.

Last edited:

Truth.

We should be happy with recruiting classes ranked in the top 25 IMO. Canes fans need to stop living in the past and realize where we are at. Some of these kids just aren't gonna be ACC kids and that's the reality of it.

If we stop worrying about who we miss on and start appreciating the kids we get, we can have as a goal to win ACC championships in the future.

Example, Dalvin Cook isn't a MNC type back, but you can sure win an ACC championship with that kind of talent. We just gotta let the Sony Michel's of the world go.

I think in a couple years, we will be up to Clemson and FSU's level and playing for ACC championships, and that's thanks to having a great coaching staff that's working their butts off.

Honestly, though, between the NCAA, Randy Shannon, and Larry Coker, the days of competing for National Titles are over in Miami. We'll all be a lot happier if we keep our expectations realistic.

i dont care what players and coaches say to the media but i know in private they are talking undefeated people look at the schedule and say we maybe lose 2 game but that will be saying we lose to ufags or fswho, i think florida had a good season and is going to be overated this year fs is going to be looking for big seasons out of freshmen and i dont see us losing that game just stay focus and dont get upset(i know easier said then done) but we have an underdog mentality anyway

Advertisement

Truth.

i dont care what players and coaches say to the media but i know in private they are talking undefeated people look at the schedule and say we maybe lose 2 game but that will be saying we lose to ufags or fswho, i think florida had a good season and is going to be overated this year fs is going to be looking for big seasons out of freshmen and i dont see us losing that game just stay focus and dont get upset(i know easier said then done) but we have an underdog mentality anyway

I hope so man. Nothing like watching your team slide slowly in to irrelevancy since 2003, one loss at a time.

I hope Golden is the answer, and he seems promising, but we only won 7 games last year.

Advertisement
Back