ESPN’s Top Heisman Trophy contenders for 2022 college football season

miami_yak

Redshirt Freshman
ESPN has a new article that lists TVD as an up-and-comer for 2022’s Heisman. This top contender portion is full of Bama and Taint players (Young, stroud, Henderson, and will Anderson (LB).

five ACC QBs made various parts of the article under different lists.

Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke

To say Miami fans are excited about 2022 would be like saying Ed Reed played hard. It's true -- just a massive understatement. And yes, new AD Dan Radakovich and new head coach Mario Cristobal are big reasons for all that enthusiasm in Coral Gables, but perhaps the biggest piece to the puzzle is Van Dyke, who came on as a replacement for D'Eriq King in September and quickly blossomed into one of the country's most prolific passers. Van Dyke ended the season by throwing for 300 yards and three touchdowns in six straight games, winning five of them.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

We need to recruit TVD style QB. Get back to the roots of the past. No more short QB but pocket passers. Let's concentrate on the west coast.
There are fewer and fewer "Pocket" QBs on the market, because people want QBs that can stretch the field with both their feet and arm. Even TVD is more of a dual threat than the old Steve Walsh, Gino T types, who couldn't run if their lives depended on it.

Advertisement
We need to recruit TVD style QB. Get back to the roots of the past. No more short QB but pocket passers. Let's concentrate on the west coast.
I want high IQ QBs with a good enough arm to get the job done. WAY too much emphasis has been put on mobility. Unless you're Brad Kaaya, or in a wheel chair, the odds are you can move just enough to avoid some pressure or pick up 5-6 yards on a busted play. IQ, arm, and ability to see the field. Those are my three keys for a QB.

I want high IQ QBs with a good enough arm to get the job done. WAY too much emphasis has been put on mobility. Unless you're Brad Kaaya, or in a wheel chair, the odds are you can move just enough to avoid some pressure or pick up 5-6 yards on a busted play. IQ, arm, and ability to see the field. Those are my three keys for a QB.
You Miami's career leader in passing yards?

Advertisement
TVD has being a scratch golfer on his resume as well.

Now his name is being dropped into the 2022 Heisman conversation.

Dudes future is bright!

We Back!!!

SCHWING!!!!

There are fewer and fewer "Pocket" QBs on the market, because people want QBs that can stretch the field with both their feet and arm. Even TVD is more of a dual threat than the old Steve Walsh, Gino T types, who couldn't run if their lives depended on it.
They didn't have to run. The OL and Receivers were bad MF's

ESPN has a new article that lists TVD as an up-and-comer for 2022’s Heisman. This top contender portion is full of Bama and Taint players (Young, stroud, Henderson, and will Anderson (LB).

five ACC QBs made various parts of the article under different lists.

Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke

To say Miami fans are excited about 2022 would be like saying Ed Reed played hard. It's true -- just a massive understatement. And yes, new AD Dan Radakovich and new head coach Mario Cristobal are big reasons for all that enthusiasm in Coral Gables, but perhaps the biggest piece to the puzzle is Van Dyke, who came on as a replacement for D'Eriq King in September and quickly blossomed into one of the country's most prolific passers. Van Dyke ended the season by throwing for 300 yards and three touchdowns in six straight games, winning five of them.
There you have it gentlemen! The phenomenon starts today after this article circulates. If I could buy stock in any player on the team, it would be a healthy Tyler Van Dimes 💯$.

Advertisement
Wish dudes just stop it with this short quarterback ****! This fixation. . .

Miami as a program benefited greatly by having King as a QB, both on and off the field until this very day. IMO

So you can't be athletic AND intelligent? King's issue wasn't that he lacked football IQ or arm talent, it was that he was poorly utilized and once he got hurt just wasn't the same.

So you can't be athletic AND intelligent? King's issue wasn't that he lacked football IQ or arm talent, it was that he was poorly utilized and once he got hurt just wasn't the same.
I don’t think OP was insinuating that. I believe he just prioritize QB’s who have it between the ears. I think we all do.

Advertisement
The opportunity will certainly be there for TVD. Even more eyes on us than normal due to a new coach, an early YUGE stage at A&M and then what will probably be a nationally televised game (even if they're still "down") at Clemson.

If he continues to ball out without his top 2 WRs from last year (if Rambo leaves) and a new OC, then that will make a huge statement
I truly believe he’ll have more options next season and be in a better position to succeed. He’ll have Don back and Rooster will be utilized more in the passing game. He’s going to thrive

Advertisement
Back