Erik Swoope

TwoZero

Sophomore
is on the practice fields according to Yandle:

.@CanesHoops Erik Swoope on the Greentree Practice Fields...in tights and football cleats. Draw your own conclusions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He wasn't working out with the team, it was a personal workout with a Denver Broncos scout.

Advertisement
Does golden and staff read these boards ?

yeah, we'd definitely know more about Swoope's athleticism than he would. not like he'd see him around campus, in the Hecht, or at athletic events.

good thing we tipped him off!

Question: does he lose his eligibility by working out with Denver? So, if they tell him "kid, we think you have talent and raw tools, but you haven't played any football" he couldn't come out for us this fall and play? Anyone know?

Advertisement
Question: does he lose his eligibility by working out with Denver? So, if they tell him "kid, we think you have talent and raw tools, but you haven't played any football" he couldn't come out for us this fall and play? Anyone know?

Good question.

As far as I understand, as long as he doesn't have an agent he is fine. If they flew him out to Denver it would be different. I think he is eligible, but I could be wrong.

As far as I understand, as long as he doesn't have an agent he is fine. If they flew him out to Denver it would be different. I think he is eligible, but I could be wrong.

I think this could be the case.

I believe the reason he is working out with an actual scout/team (as opposed to what Jimmy Graham did) was because he is supposed to play Pro-Ball in Europe. Maybe he wants to start making money next year regardless and not interested in honing his skills at UM.

Advertisement
Back