Ereck Flowers (Senior Highlights)

Advertisement
As for the video, what an absolutely ridiculous reach/wingspan. The most impressive highlight is at around 2:38. He basically sprints downfield on a screen for about 7 yards, lowers his center of gravity and changes direction. Really nice clip. He's also pretty well-coached and/or self-motivated. He stays with his blocks.

Possibly a RT.

Lu, if he is so athletic, why not LT?

Lu, if he is so athletic, why not LT?

Looks like the prototype, downblocking mauler to me - in both attitude and physical form. That's a better fit at RT usually. I'm big on "fits" as I think they make people most effective. Then again, it's obvious our current coaches don't care about that stuff because Brandon Washington is out there on the edge.

I see this kid pounding on some pretty small kids here...

Has anyone seen him in a camp setting against more elite kids? Or would that have to wait until the All-Star game circuit gets going to see him going against other D1 kids?

Advertisement
Looks like the prototype, downblocking mauler to me - in both attitude and physical form. That's a better fit at RT usually. I'm big on "fits" as I think they make people most effective. Then again, it's obvious our current coaches don't care about that stuff because Brandon Washington is out there on the edge.

Lu,

Under Golden, this kid would fit in at LT.

-Nasty enough in the run game to maul
-Plenty athletic to be good in pass pro

How much does it matter that he looks so much bigger than all of his opponents? He is definitely dominating whoever is in front of him.

How much does it matter that he looks so much bigger than all of his opponents? He is definitely dominating whoever is in front of him.

Yes, he is dominating everyone who lines up in front of him. But, those kids are 200lbs at best the majority of the time. Its a case in which this kid could use his natural size to dominate instead of technique.

I'm not saying he's Ian Symonette, but he could be the classic example (along with guys like Chris Barney and a host of others) of a physically mature kid kicking the **** out of the smaller kids in the district.

Advertisement
He was at the game yesterday and stood next to him on the field prior to the game. Kid is huge and not soft and fat. Hope he keeps his commitment and signs with UM.

Could be a 5 star kid by the time all is said and done.

A certain recruiting guy said when he watched them both, Flowers was every bit as good as John Theus, who was #1 in Florida for quite some time.

Great physical specimen - his size is obvious and he seems to have good feet and nice athleticism. I also like the fact that he seems to have a bit of a nasty streak. Very, very nice player - hope he sticks.

Dinero Dollar! This site is sick.

And Flowers seems like an absolute PUERCO!!!! Love players with a nasty disposition that finish plays like that... I want to see him slapping up seminoles for four years.

You should have seen me ripping shots and humilating gators in their backyard this weekend. Vandy put up a good fight during the game... but I dominated the scene Saturday night...

18 patron shots... Calling myself MEGATRONE... puking and rallying in full Vandy gear... The Gainesvillain was alive and in living color this weekend.

Advertisement
He looks like a good find, but this mauling all upper body technique does not work in college... He will need to really work on his feet and pass pro. He leans too much...

With good coaching he can be a beast, he has a nice mean streak to him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back