Enos was the problem....

jjpuppet

Recruit
Premium
In my 50 years of watching football, Pro and college without question Dan Enos was the worst bar none offensive coordinator I ever saw. He made Kent Nix look like Bill Walsh. With a weak offensive line , His plays were slow developing and at times just bad. Who runs multiple times tight end sweeps to the short side on 3rd and 4th and goal. His running plays on short yardage again were in slow motion and worse he never utilized a fullback. He ran off the receivers we had that had height, Hightower, Ezzard and Njoko leaving us with small, physically weak receivers. His handling of the qbs was even worse playing revolving qbs with basically 2 very young qbs . His playcalling and game plan if he even had 1 played to the o lines weakness. Against FIU every running play was picking up 8 or 9 yards but it took him 3 quarters to figure it out. And of course there were never any adjustments ever. With a competent o.c. this team should have won 9 games at least. Getting rid of Enos is 75 percent of the problem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice try. The BOT and Flake James are responsible for 15 years of disaster.
No argument with that. The BOT and James are content for the Canes to field crappy football teams year in and year out. They do not know what it takes to have a successful football program and don’t really care.

Still can’t believe James wasted a huge opportunity by hiring Diaz, who has no clue what he is doing, after only a few hours. James should lose his job for this.

The program is sinking to new lows. The Canes play like a subpar FCS team and with Diaz it will only get worse.

No argument with that. The BOT and James are content for the Canes to field crappy football teams year in and year out. They do not know what it takes to have a successful football program and don’t really care.

Still can’t believe James wasted a huge opportunity by hiring Diaz, who has no clue what he is doing, after only a few hours. James should lose his job for this.

The program is sinking to new lows. The Canes play like a subpar FCS team and with Diaz it will only get worse.
Mark Richt gave him a get out of jail free card and he threw it in the trash.

Advertisement
OP is PROBABLY SPOT ON. But we will know next year IMO . We win 8-10 games the OP was right we go 6-6 again or worse he was wrong . Simple as that. I love Diaz though and we all knew he was going to have to learn on the job so I forgive him for hiring an OC Saban and Smart wanted . I mean that is what happened lets not forget.

OP is PROBABLY SPOT ON. But we will know next year IMO . We win 8-10 games the OP was right we go 6-6 again or worse he was wrong . Simple as that. I love Diaz though and we all knew he was going to have to learn on the job so I forgive him for hiring an OC Saban and Smart wanted . I mean that is what happened lets not forget.

why do u love diaz? what has the guy done to earn your love? the chain? his ethnicity?

Advertisement
You love an idiot .

Nice try. Manny is responsible for this disaster.
Of course he is, he hired Enos. But op is right. With even a mediocre offense this team would have gone 9-3.

That said, he hired a **** DC as well and recruiting is characterized by big misses at crucial positions. Whole lots of change/improvement needed.

Advertisement
Enos is responsible of everything bad this season. He even was behind the decision to bench Rousseau in the beginning of the season. He was so bad that Saban almost fired him mid-season at Alabama. Yeah.
How many CIS accounts Diaz senior has?

Who hired Enos after promising a modern, cutting edge offense (and after bragging about all the candidates who were interested in the job)? We had posters on this site who with just a cursory amount of research sniffed out Enos as an OC who runs a pro style, slow, plodding offense that needs an elite OL to succeed. Yet now we’re supposed to pat Manny on the back for recognizing his mistake and believe he is competent enough to make a smart OC hire and fix the culture that he helped create? I’m not buying it. Next year is just delaying the inevitable. Rinse, repeat.

Advertisement
Back