ENOS OUT

Advertisement
Dont think Stubblefield. He's been arguably our best recruiter and coach. I think Rumph needs to go for recruiting purposes.
The most important thing... the players don’t like him or connect with him. And you think he’s our best recruiter? Lol Every 21’ receiver we had committed decommitted and he let Fleming walk away. Enos, Stubbs, Barry, Banda, and patke should all be Canned and replaced. Y’all were mad Richt had his son as qb coach but don’t realize manny is even worse keeping his butt buddies Banda, Baker and patke around.

I have to say that all of this is hilarious, especially reading the hoorays and hallelujahs - as if Enos is the only problem facing the program. Remember that Diaz picked him; Diaz will choose his replacement.
Yes, Diaz picked him. Enos was supposed to be one of the top coordinator hires last year. Was Diaz fooled? Sure. So were almost every expert and pundit, most who viewed the hire as a huge win for Miami, and some who ranked him among the top offseason hires in all of CFB last year before the season started. I agree Diaz better land on the right pick this year, or he needs to go, but pretending in hindsight that Enos was an obvious major mistake when he was hired is just nonsense.

Advertisement
Even worse than Pat Nix?
@TheCaneShow2000 @dsddcane

My raw emotions from this ridiculous season from **** and my eyes are telling me yes. But let's do some numbers comparisons, now that we have an entire season's worth of data for Penos:

YPG/Total Offense
Nix 2007: 315.1 YPG / 111th nationally
Nix 2008: 326 YPG / 89th nationally
Penos 2019: 367.9 / 99th nationally

PPG
Nix 2007: 20.6 PPG / 102nd nationally
Nix 2008: 27.1 PPG / 51st nationally
Penos 2019: 25.7 PPG / 89th nationally

Given the above, I will stick to my original statement that Penos was the worse Miami OC of all time. He only outperformed Nix in YPG--by over 40 yards mind you--but in an era where that was only good enough for 99th nationally, whereas Nix's 2008 offense was ranked ten places above at 89th.

When you look at points though--arguably a better metric, because points wins games, not yards--then Nix was clearly better.

But also consider this: Miami's SOS in 2008 was ranked 30th. In 2019, 63rd. So Nix outperformed Penos against more difficult competition.

And here is the most decisive factor: Penos inherited an offense loaded with blue chip talent at the QB, WR, RB, and TE position. Nix inherited a God-awful mess on offense and had to start a bunch of rookies and sophomores.

Given the above, as ridiculous as it sounds, Nix is no longer the worse OC in Miami history. That honor belongs to none other than Dan ****.

Unless it's on the field humiliation ain't never been my thing. Some people are just content with being miserable. At the end of the day that's on them. Me, I tell yall what I can for the people who actually care about this program getting back to where it needs to be. The rest simply dont matter to me.
Would you consider a role with the team/offense/OL if approached?

Advertisement
Yes, Diaz picked him. Enos was supposed to be one of the top coordinator hires last year. Was Diaz fooled? Sure. So were almost every expert and pundit, most who viewed the hire as a huge win for Miami, and some who ranked him among the top offseason hires in all of CFB last year before the season started. I agree Diaz better land on the right pick this year, or he needs to go, but pretending in hindsight that Enos was an obvious major mistake when he was hired is just nonsense.
I didn't like the hire at the time, not that it matters. And I don't care much what others thought at the time of the Enos hire. Nor should Diaz, if he was just making the hire because others were pimping Enos. I don't really see anything in Enos' CV that leaps out as any sort of world-beater/obvious hire.

Advertisement
@TheCaneShow2000 @dsddcane

My raw emotions from this ridiculous season from **** and my eyes are telling me yes. But let's do some numbers comparisons, now that we have an entire season's worth of data for Penos:

YPG/Total Offense
Nix 2007: 315.1 YPG / 111th nationally
Nix 2008: 326 YPG / 89th nationally
Penos 2019: 367.9 / 99th nationally

PPG
Nix 2007: 20.6 PPG / 102nd nationally
Nix 2008: 27.1 PPG / 51st nationally
Penos 2019: 25.7 PPG / 89th nationally

Given the above, I will stick to my original statement that Penos was the worse Miami OC of all time. He only outperformed Nix in YPG--by over 40 yards mind you--but in an era where that was only good enough for 99th nationally, whereas Nix's 2008 offense was ranked ten places above at 89th.

When you look at points though--arguably a better metric, because points wins games, not yards--then Nix was clearly better.

But also consider this: Miami's SOS in 2008 was ranked 30th. In 2019, 63rd. So Nix outperformed Penos against more difficult competition.

And here is the most decisive factor: Penos inherited an offense loaded with blue chip talent at the QB, WR, RB, and TE position. Nix inherited a God-awful mess on offense and had to start a bunch of rookies and sophomores.

Given the above, as ridiculous as it sounds, Nix is no longer the worse OC in Miami history. That honor belongs to none other than Dan ****.
I'd be shocked if Enos gets another OC job at the FBS level.

Advertisement
Honestly in my eyes the problem with the oline isnt on the coach. We recruit soft kids for line play in general(on both sides of the ball)except for nesta. U need a coach who can teach his kids how to thrive in that system. U need a coach who's technical enough to stress hand placement and footwork. But most off you need those kids that just dont like people. That wanna stomp the other teams faces every time they down.

Advertisement
Back