Enos Not Going Anywhere

Advertisement

This guy is not losing to F.i.u. nor duke, he'd be one of the smartest headcoaches we've had since jimmy, he'll definitely get **** done at UM, this kinder, gentlier approach doesnt work at UM. His weekly press conferences here would pure comedy, im sure he'd be the 1st one to ask the irritating female always asking the dumb questions, WTF is wrong with you! He'd start demanding that those guys upgrade their journalism or be quiet. The college football world and the double agents working at UM will do everything in their power not to see a UM and leach match happen. If flake james had any balls he'd hire leach and keep manny as the d-co!

NO

@RVACane called for an update on where people stood. I wish I came up with this original thought but sadly, I did not. I am taking a red shirt so Enos news does not move my dial. Godspeed people.

Post Script- I am taking a red shirt and the following year a medical redshirt from spring ball and fall camp. The bull **** that comes out of those camps is remarkable. 32 guys should have been drafted in the first three rounds over the past two years...

Advertisement

Than you not serious about UM football or winning, this one of the last confident headcoaches left as of right now that has real credibility and coaches like there is no other coach better than him, that's all this program needs. Our players would ball out under him and it would be one of the 1st times coach leach would be around a plethora of players that have his same mindset but better. The whole acc would be on notice, right now we got manny diaz, a nobody as a headcoach, going up against seasoned headcoaches, if anybody thought we were beating duke, i can tell you, i wasnt counting on it. Now coach diaz might end up being a decent headcoach someday, but when is the question, coach leach already is that!

Advertisement
Firing Enos to save your job sounds like something that would happen after year two or three, not year one. As always, I don't care about outliers. Fans everywhere and especially here overreact and panic after one game, let alone one season. But in the real world more often than not the head coach maintains benefit of a doubt for at least 2-3 seasons, especially if he has connection to the area/university and is not a problem off the field.

This wasn't 2-10. It was 6-6. The bottom line isn't notably different than the year prior. That works in Diaz' favor and also in terms of retaining Enos. Decline from high expectation is what gets you in trouble, like Richt teasing the playoffs one season and faltering to 7-6 the following season.

The high expectations here in 2019 were mostly delusional

Advertisement
Perhaps wishful thinking here but common sense is that they want to make sure they secure Van Dyke's signature and he's said in countless interviews that he really likes Enos. Kid is signing early and has a really good chance of walking on to campus and winning the job as a true frosh. I still don't think he'd bounce but if you fire Enos now and he decides to go somewhere else (Boston College is hiring a new coach and Syracuse's QB room is a mess), you are stuck with Jarren, Kosi, Machoca and the ghost of Tate Martell. I'm thinking Van Dyke signs in two weeks, they let Enos coach in the bowl game, he flops once more, and Manny fires him before the new year.

Last edited:
Firing Enos to save your job sounds like something that would happen after year two or three, not year one. As always, I don't care about outliers. Fans everywhere and especially here overreact and panic after one game, let alone one season. But in the real world more often than not the head coach maintains benefit of a doubt for at least 2-3 seasons, especially if he has connection to the area/university and is not a problem off the field.

This wasn't 2-10. It was 6-6. The bottom line isn't notably different than the year prior. That works in Diaz' favor and also in terms of retaining Enos. Decline from high expectation is what gets you in trouble, like Richt teasing the playoffs one season and faltering to 7-6 the following season.

The high expectations here in 2019 were mostly delusional

The Vegas O/U before the season began was what, 8.5 wins? Given a traditionally weak ACC coastal slate, we should have easily been at the 8-9 win mark. It’s not delusional to say we performed very poorly this season, particularly when you break it down statistically and look at the horrid offensive production and play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back