Enos goes more in-depth on QB decision, progress of Matocha

View as article
Advertisement
I believe Tyler Van Dyke will have something to say about that
I'd take the pedigree of a Texas HS QB any day over a kid from football talent-poor Connecticut. (Apologies to Dan Orlovsky and, oh yeah, Steve Young -- both once every generation or so talents).

Advertisement
When Jarren throws a crossing route to Will Mallory and he goes for 37 yards during that first quarter on 08/24, I'll shed a small tear.

Rofl, True Cane talk, all our tightends are tough, and when you have a team full of tough tightends, the whole team becomes that way, our defense was already tough, but having to cover the tightends we have, forces you to be even tougher. Our boy mallory is a big play waiting to happen on crossing routes, he's definitely a field flip player, with him, we could even bring backk lil feagles, cause at this point, even with shanks and 15yrd punts, our opponents will consistently be starting from inside the 25 yrd line.

Rofl, True Cane talk, all our tightends are tough, and when you have a team full of tough tightends, the whole team becomes that way, our defense was already tough, but having to cover the tightends we have, forces you to be even tougher. Our boy mallory is a big play waiting to happen on crossing routes, he's definitely a field flip player, with him, we could even bring backk lil feagles, cause at this point, even with shanks and 15yrd punts, our opponents will consistently be starting from inside the 25 yrd line.
Man, you're not wrong. The worst thing about shanked punts is when they come from your own 10 yard line. I can forgive a 20 yard punt from midfield, but we have been seeing them from deep in our own territory. That has to change. We need to start getting more first downs. Think about what a few extra first downs means to the team. Better field position, worse for the other team, more time of possession, a rested defense. Yeah, it's a big difference. If a team has to go 20-30 more yards against our D, how big is that?

Man, you're not wrong. The worst thing about shanked punts is when they come from your own 10 yard line. I can forgive a 20 yard punt from midfield, but we have been seeing them from deep in our own territory. That has to change. We need to start getting more first downs. Think about what a few extra first downs means to the team. Better field position, worse for the other team, more time of possession, a rested defense. Yeah, it's a big difference. If a team has to go 20-30 more yards against our D, how big is that?

Exactly, which is why when those who bash coach richt, didnt realize how much this team had improved under coach richt, last year was actually expected in reality, Ahmon down, o-line jacked,once we heard donaldson was moving to tackle the o-line was toast, besidesall the unhappiness, this yearour o-line from a talent standpoint alone would have been better, even with searels still at the helm, but coach diaz has upgraded the offensive coaching staff from a mental standpoint, i cant say we got better overall offensive coaches until we actually see it. However we will have a better offensive scheme because it fits the Miami mindset a whole lot better. I have never been a big fan of a coach richt offensive scheme but it does work and when its working it works at a high level. Just didnt have the o-line or a seasoned qb to run it which is required in a mark richt coached offense.

The fact that our qb's will be back under center again, that will bring play-action back, also hold the linebackers longer, which will give the linebackers more time to do work. And with coach barry being smart with the o-line personnel, he made sure to get the best 3 guys to secure the middle of the o-line, the tackles will just have to funnel most things to the outside, and we'll be straight. We do have way better run blocking personnel than we did last year and they are more physically mature now. Our o-linemen are in better shape than they have been in the past overall, so they'll consistently be able to do work.

Talking bout defense, the fact that we'll be able to run the ball, and stop the run, that'll force mullen to have to counter react. And as usual, we on the verge of, if we score a touchdown 1st, that game might turn into an avalanche for the gaytors. We will be aggressive on both sides of the ball. One of my favorite players on this team is pat bethel, all he does is ball out, when most assumed his wasnt going to be a starter, that man was consistently collasping the pocket last year, but also his work ethic, while most people focus on irvin, and Blades, patchan they forget that bethel was born in this thing to, im looking for him to up his game even more this year.

Advertisement
Back