Enos and Butch Barry

D

deleted19794

I talked to several ex players who attended an alumni event recently and they are very impressed by Dan Enos and Butch Barry. Dan was adamant about bringing Butch to UM and my guys are very confident in their approach. Needless to say they need some time to put the puzzle together but the boys like what they see to date and hope one of our 3 QBs can take a giant step forward this summer. Guys that would know like Dan’s approach and feel he will relate well with Miami kids,” and put together a potent offense in years to come. The oline will definitely improve dramatically under
Coach Barry. Two great hires according to multiple past stars at UM!

Advertisement
I talked to several ex players who attended an alumni event recently and they are very impressed by Dan Enos and Butch Barry. Dan was adamant about bringing Butch to UM and my guys are very confident in their approach. Needless to say they need some time to put the puzzle together but the boys like what they see to date and hope one of our 3 QBs can take a giant step forward this summer. Guys that would know like Dan’s approach and feel he will relate well with Miami kids,” and put together a potent offense in years to come. The oline will definitely improve dramatically under
I've been adamant about bringing Butch back since 200......Oh Wait...

Last edited:
I've been adamant about bring Butch back since 200......Oh Wait...
I guess Dan has more steam than you! In all seriousness this is as exited as I’ve heard these guys speak of our approach for a while and everyone of them have at least one NC ring and played some pretty important roles at UM. These are guys that love this program and want it back to greatness.

Advertisement
I guess Dan has more steam than you! In all seriousness this is as exited as I’ve heard these guys speak of our approach for a while and everyone of them have at least one NC ring and played some pretty important roles at UM. These are guys that love this program and want it back to greatness.
I'll make my mind up when I see it on the field...I heard the same crap about Golden and Richt, by Guys with NC Rings...I too like Enos....big upgrade from what we had.

Enos was a slam dunk. He's an excellent QB coach - the most important position in all of sports.

Glad to hear Barry is getting a good press. I'll wait to see what the product is like out on the field to judge him.
Exactly....People were falling all over themselves with Golden & Rabbi Mork...Cant help being skeptical alittle....

Exactly....People were falling all over themselves with Golden & Rabbi Mork...Cant help being skeptical alittle....
Not the guys I talked to and they were here for the most dominant decade in college football history. I promise you they were not fans of Al or Mark and I’m talking at the time they were hired. They are not easily impressed and realize Dan needs a QB to make giant strides. These are ex player’s that know what long term success is all about and when they feel good about something I’ll trust their judgement. A wise man once said “Give time time.”

Advertisement

Not me. In 2011, after watching Maryland kick our asses - and immediately after the third game - the Kansas State loss - I was done with Golden.

Stevie Wonder could see it.

Same with Richt - should have hired Butch Davis. Instead of pulling each others fingers with Sleepy of the Seven Dwarfs.

Not me. In 2011, after watching Maryland kick our asses - and immediately after the third game - the Kansas State loss - I was done with Golden.

I knew from jumpstreet Golden and Richt weren't the answer...I caught **** about Richt..Lemme tell ya....You'd of thought I broke into a Temple and stole all the Manichevitz Wine...

Advertisement
Advertisement

Same with Richt - should have hired Butch Davis. Instead of pulling each others fingers with Sleepy of the Seven Dwarfs.
I couldn't for the life of me understand why our Db's were playing 10-15 yards off while Maryland wr screened us to death!!!! I definitely knew we had a problem after that game. ****, we were Maryland's only acc win that year.

Richt on the other hand could have been very successful here. I actually didn't want him to leave, I just wanted a competent OC and a QB coach.

After what we all have been through the last 15 years or so, it’s difficult not to be somewhat skeptical. That being said, I haven’t been this encouraged in a long time. Cautiously optimistic.
When these guys get excited, I'm all in. They haven't been excited in a long time. Several talked to Dan, they like his approach, and I think they know just a tad about offensive approach! This is just a handful of the attendees. Great turnout. Dan Enos is the "Miami Guy" we've been looking for and that's not my opinion.

D4CzmQaX4AIxOJH.jpg:large

Always good to hear s*** like this

I’m just hoping Enos does a great job and stays for awhile. I’m tired of getting on a run only to have guys bolt.
We got 2 maybe 3 years out of Dan. I can't see this guy not getting multiple calls if he has this OF clicking. I hope he stays but Manny is too young to hope for the heir apparent here.

Advertisement
Back