Enos and Butch Barry

Advertisement
He went to a BB school and kicked our teeth in....He had more offers than you seem to know...Couldnt coach for 4yrs as part of buyout with UNC...hence Bucs and commentator jobs...NEVER wanted to leave South Fl...Everywhere he has went he has Won...Took a Browns team to the playoffs which was unheard of...Hows things in Cleveland since he left??...Hows things at UM since his kids and Assts have left??...Please my man....Dont go there with me...You simply cant argue with proven success...not only from 95-2000...But from 84-88...Sit down with JJ (As I did with my wife sitting next to me) and ask him about Butch, then be sure to let me know how that went....
If he is who you say he is why is he coaching at a broken down school When 50 great jobs have been available in recent years?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude your guy left the job, that was his choice. Ancient history. Most people have moved on from Butch Davis a long time ago I am worried about the 2019 team
He left because UM and Paul Dee tryed to F him...Thats the bottomline...the majority of the BOT NEVER liked him...and the feeling was more than mutual...THEY F-ed up..as they have with hires since...

If he is who you say he is why is he coaching at a broken down school When 50 great job have been available since he left here
Look what hes done at FIU...Again, you know NOTHING about the situation...He Won 9 Cot **** games with a walk on QB...and 2 starters who were shot...Please man...Stop it...Again, I'll ask you one more time...Since Butchs kids have left UM...Including ALL his coaching hires...Hows things been since??

I'll make my mind up when I see it on the field...I heard the same crap about Golden and Richt, by Guys with NC Rings...I too like Enos....big upgrade from what we had.

for the first 2 months he had the job? you certainly did. golden had great energy, personality, and was 180 degrees from the truly bizarre and socially dysfunctional neurosis that was/is randy shannon.

after his first spring practice was in the books? not so much.

after the spring game I remember hearing from 3 ex players, all on the defensive side of the ball, that said:

"if this is how it's going to be, we're in real trouble"

Advertisement
for the first 2 months he had the job? you certainly did. golden had great energy, personality, and was 180 degrees from the truly bizarre and socially dysfunctional neurosis that was/is randy shannon.

after his first spring practice was in the books? not so much.

after the spring game I remember hearing from 3 ex players, all on the defensive side of the ball, that said:

"if this is how it's going to be, we're in real trouble"
The SECOND Shannon was hired I laughed..
The SECOND Golden was hired I laughed....
The SECOND Richt was hired I Laughed....
Manny??...I feel better about...but after 16yrs of underperformance in on field play and recruiting, there is plenty of skepticism....
Hopefully Manny rights the ship...Too early to tell with performance on the field..but an upward trend in recruiting...

That's the one thing I feel that's missing from this staff a young guy with potential to be a play caller to replace Enos once he leaves.
I would hope that Enos is a stand up guy to let Manny know that he's looking into options on the table if given to him so that Manny could start putting someone in place whether on the staff now or looking for someone with similar offensive knowledge from somewhere else. And to me that person doesn't have to come from a big named program more so if they have the drive and knowledge coming from a lower class program. Just get them with the same youthful drive and confidence that if they were in a different program like Miami he would be at the top of his game!....ie, Manny!

You never know. I think Butch left UM for the Browns so we’ll never know. Did a nice job rebuilding a broken product.
Did a Nice job??...Jesus...He put more kids into the NFL....More Draft picks...and more HOFers into Canton than any coach in UM History, while under Sanctions....Nice Job??...Lol...How bout Historic, and something No UM coach will ever do again.
If thats what you call just nice, I honestly dont know what to tell you...

Advertisement
@330 Cane And let me also say this...In my opinion, the correct hire in 2007 (if not Butch) should have been Gary Patterson...
JJ told Shalala the same thing, before the Troll and BOT went the wrong and cheap way AGAIN by hiring Shannon...Show me a coach in America the last 10yrs, who's done more with less??...You can't...He's done all that with 2* kids and hand me downs from OU...Texas...A&M...etc...not to mention being Royally F-ed in 2013 by being excluded from a Playoff that he had a Great chance of winning....He would've Slayed it at UM....So its not outside the box for me to want someone other than Butch...Might be the single worst Non Hire in the last 16yrs at UM....

I’m talking UM. He left UM in 2000 and was never hired back at UM since. Why?
Ask the Garbage *** Shalala..and the equally Garbage *** BOT who thought Coker...Shannon and Alfred were better hires...Not me....
Howard left for more $$$$ Gets Pass
JJ left for more $$$$ Gets Pass
Erickson Left running a 4.2 outta Hecht while leaving a F-ing Gargantuan Mess Gets Pass
Butch left for more $$$$ Gets ridiculed to No end..Doesnt get Pass....
Oh the Irony.....

@330 Cane And let me also say this...In my opinion, the correct hire in 2007 (if not Butch) should have been Gary Patterson...
JJ told Shalala the same thing, before the Troll and BOT went the wrong and cheap way AGAIN by hiring Shannon...Show me a coach in America the last 10yrs, who's done more with less??...You can't...He's done all that with 2* kids and hand me downs from OU...Texas...A&M...etc...not to mention being Royally F-ed in 2013 by being excluded from a Playoff that he had a Great chance of winning....He would've Slayed it at UM....So its not outside the box for me to want someone other than Butch...Might be the single worst Non Hire in the last 16yrs at UM....
Our HC hires have been awful and the assts maybe worse! I think Mark Stoops is our only asst. that left UM in The last 15 years that has a major college HC job

Advertisement
If he is who you say he is why is he coaching at a broken down school When 50 great job have been available since he left here
If he is Who I say??...Did you really just ask me that??...Who "I" say??...Are you telling me he didn't prove his Worth at UM?..for the entire FB World to see??...Holy Sh*t...
Tell ya what...He left UM in a WHOLE Lot better shape that what he recieved...Thats F-ing undeniable....Not his fault the next few coaches sent the program spiraling off a F-ing Cliff....

If he is Who I say??...Did you really just ask me that??...Who "I" say??...Are you telling me he didn't prove his Worth at UM?..for the entire FB World to see??...Holy Sh*t...
Tell ya what...He left UM in a WHOLE Lot better shape that what he recieved...Thats F-ing undeniable....Not his fault the next few coaches sent the program spiraling off a F-ing Cliff....
Ok Butch is the greatest HC in college and professional football history. What does. E have to do with Dan Enos or Butch Barry as that Is this thread is about.

Ok Butch is the greatest HC in college and professional football history.
Nobody said that...Stop putting words in my mouth...seems to be the Norm for you...Everything I've said is 100% FACT...No embellishing needed...One thing I do know in ref to your Smart *** comment about him being the "Greatest Coach in CFB History"
He stockpiled the Greatest amount of CFB AND NFL talent in CFB History...Again I deal with Facts...not Hyperbole....NFL teams and Canton should have been kissing Butchs *** for 25yrs with the Staggering amount of Talent that he laid in their hands...

Advertisement
Ok Butch is the greatest HC in college and professional football history. What does. E have to do with Dan Enos or Butch Barry as that Is this thread is about.
Do you know more NFL Scouts were at UM and Greentree for Pro Days during Butchs Tenure, than any Coach in UM History, WHILE Sanctions were crippling us??...Wonder Why??...You should've been at the 98-2000 Pro Days at GreenTree as I was....

@dsddcane I really am Thankful to you being on this site..I could in an instant (as you know) recruit former UM players to speak their minds here..in ref to everything I've mentioned in my earlier posts, but it would still be met with scorn. Point is, I stand by every single thing I've said...You simply cannot argue with Facts or success...I truly appreciate ya Brother...

NO...That was UMs choice...again, talking about a scenario you know absolutely Nothing about....UM dropped the ball...after laying a pile of Sh*t in the mans lap....You have NO idea what went on..other than what misinformed people Love to crap outta their mouths...
Bernie does!

Advertisement
Back