Emory

He will have time to develop so no need to be tripping. But while people be here crying about QB recruiting, they didnt bring in Jacurri. That was salvage class but they are going after high upside and high IQ. Doesnt matter if 247 thinks they are a 3 star. And i said Emory was not a project, just lowly rated. Jacurri is a project. Should be fun to watch and they will bring someone in to challenge them, likely from the portal

Advertisement
Nice delivery. good touch but lacking zip. There's a reason he wasn't rated higher. He'll never have a cannon but he's gotten his strength up enough to where he'll have "good enough" arm strength. Really scrawny guys with skinny legs tend to struggle getting torque on their throws but Williams has packed on some really good weight since being on campus. He'll be fine in terms of arm strength.
Definitely had zip

Advertisement
He'll be the guy next yr..
It’s definitely going to be a delicate balancing act this off-season. If things go well this year I have to imagine MC will be thinking about the playoffs next year. Can you really go into a season like that with a second year guy who might only have limited in game experience? Seems like a lot to put on the kid.

If he isn’t the guy, you of course run the risk of him hitting the portal.

I’m sure there will be many honest discussions between now and the end of this year.

I know jokes are flying but the ball jumps out of his hand with great accuracy. Definitely a lot to work with. Putting an elite OL around him is important as he's not very athletic. I think he's better then Kaaya at the same stage. QB1 next season unless we grab a stud out the portal.

His arm reminds me of Stephen Morris
His size reminds me of Vinny
His quick release reminds me of Marino
His brain processing reminds me of Ken Dorsey
His command of the offense reminds me of Steve Walsh
His mobility reminds me of D’Eriq King
His competitive fire reminds me of Jim Kelly

Overall, I think he’s gonna be a good one.
TVD doesn’t even make this list

Advertisement
That 100% completion rate and 98.2 qbr are going to drop.

Let the guy develop before crowning or condemning.
THIS is exactly where I'm at.

I could sit here and type multiple paragraphs picking him apart and comparing him to the guys I've coached (some of them became FBS starters at QB). But its not necessary. I can acknowledge that the kid doesn't deserve to be torn down.

That doesn't mean he's not without his limitations. These people can miss me with "iF hE wAs A 4* yOu'D LiKe HiM." I base my opinion on years of experience.

I just hope that people keep their expectations realistic, regardless of what they're saying on here. This crowning him nonsense is exactly what leads to players being hated when they don't meet these chosen one expectations.

That was a lot of words just to say, I totally agree with you. Let the guy develop.

UM Medical Dept released the X Rays from Emorys offseason physical.

1678320443991.jpeg

That 100% completion rate and 98.2 qbr are going to drop.

Let the guy develop before crowning or condemning.

I mean, he looked decent on his three throws last night, and if I had to bet money, I would bet he was a starter next year, but I wouldn’t have a tremendous amount of confidence. **** can happen, there’s the portal, and who knows what else.

It’s just such a long time to predict into the future. But tell me how many mid or deep throws he attempted last night? I think his longest pass was 12 yards wasn’t it? So maybe people need to cool it with the bench DVD, and crown him the starter for THIS YEAR.

Advertisement
Kid looked composed and scanning the field processing what the defense was giving him…

The best part? TVD being the starter all year letting this kid continue to develop/seeing more early playing time in lopsided victories.

Idk who starts next year but let the best man win

Advertisement
I mean, he looked decent on his three throws last night, and if I had to bet money, I would bet he was a starter next year, but I wouldn’t have a tremendous amount of confidence. **** can happen, there’s the portal, and who knows what else.

It’s just such a long time to predict into the future. But tell me how many mid or deep throws he attempted last night? I think his longest pass was 12 yards wasn’t it? So maybe people need to cool it with the bench DVD, and crown him the starter for THIS YEAR.
3/3 for 42 yards. That's an average of 14 yards.

I'd be willing to bet the farm that ration won't last.

We open next season on the road against Florida. Its the opening game of year 3 for both coaching staffs. Its in Mario's DNA to make a statement. Call me old fashioned, but I think he is going to go with an experienced portal QB.

We also have road games against Clemson and Notre Dame.

I'm not expecting Emory to be the starter against Florida next year. I don't think Mario is expecting him to be. And most importantly, I don't think Emory expects to be. He knows he needs time. Nothing about him says "entitled".

We open next season on the road against Florida. Its the opening game of year 3 for both coaching staffs. Its in Mario's DNA to make a statement. Call me old fashioned, but I think he is going to go with an experienced portal QB.

We also have road games against Clemson and Notre Dame.

I'm not expecting Emory to be the starter against Florida next year. I don't think Mario is expecting him to be. And most importantly, I don't think Emory expects to be. He knows he needs time. Nothing about him says "entitled".

This could very well be.

I don’t discount the possibility that this kid is special, even though some people carp on his three star ranking.

But generally what you’re saying is true, assuming we can find someone that’s experienced, is a good leader and talented. I wouldn’t completely rule Emory out for next year, but what you’re saying has its logic.

But that’s down the line.

What’s amazing is that we already have knuckleheads on this site ready to pull the trigger on him for this year, because they’re not perceptive enough to understand what’s going on with TVD. Basically, a complete lack of understanding of the current situation, and limited football IQ. Not a great combination for making pronouncements.

Advertisement
Back