Emory

I knew he was advanced in terms of the mental side. He's as close to a finished product in that regard as a freshman can be. But he looked frail in high school with a mediocre arm. I was pleasantly surprised when he was able to pack on some muscle and improve his arm strength in such a short time here.
He always had a good arm. I remember when it was said the coaches was evaluating him I looked at his hs film and you could see the quick release, the accuracy, and a good arm

Advertisement
A friend of mine got to watch a practice a few weeks ago. While there, he got to talking with Bernie Kosar. He said that Bernie could not stop talking about Emory Williams. Said Bernie absolutely thinks Emory will be the next guy.

One data point, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited:
A friend of mine got to watch a practice a few weeks ago. While there, he go to talking with Bernie Kosar. He said that Bernie could not stop talking about Emory Williams. Said Bernie absolutely thinks Emory will be the next guy.

One data point, for whatever that's worth.
Everyone I spoke to, (former players) said the exact same thing. @Brooklyndee even touched upon it himself.

Advertisement
Looked great even in garabage time. Also shout out to Dawson for letting him make some real plays.

1 year here getting stronger and faster in S&C and learning the system inside and out, and he’s gonna be as good an option as starter as anyone short of a proven 5* sensation from some other school.

Advertisement
The same people saying we’re crowning him would be the ones ripping him as a “ bum three star “ if he was 1-3. Miserable ******** lol.

I know when he first popped up, like most, I thought 3 star, we can do better. We were on or after Rashada (I was big time in the Moore camp) at that time and so I watched what was out there and I actually thought Emory looked the better of the two. I really felt Rashada was raw as **** and inaccurate.

Then I saw some of him just throwing the ball around and thought, **** this dude has fantastic mechanics.

I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw last night. Does it mean he's the guy next in line? No, there's a lot we didn't see and the situation was ideal to come into. Again, no complaints, he handled his opportunity as well as he could. He also didn't show me a single thing that said he couldn't be the guy either. Great showing.

For my older brothers and sisters, what's up w/ Emory's Kerwin Bell north Florida stache?

Kidding aside, I liked what I saw of his play last night. We may have a future QB1 here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He always had a good arm. I remember when it was said the coaches was evaluating him I looked at his hs film and you could see the quick release, the accuracy, and a good arm
Nice delivery. good touch but lacking zip. There's a reason he wasn't rated higher. He'll never have a cannon but he's gotten his strength up enough to where he'll have "good enough" arm strength. Really scrawny guys with skinny legs tend to struggle getting torque on their throws but Williams has packed on some really good weight since being on campus. He'll be fine in terms of arm strength.

Advertisement
Back