Emory

That is just him getting used to game speed. By next year Emory will be as quick in his decision making as TVD is this year.

Having the first team oline protecting him helps. This was a similar knock on TVD as well. I do agree that with more familiarity with the offense and reads he will do better. TVD right now just looks very comfortable back there.

Emory seemed a bit hurried and anxious last night which is understandable because he was trying to also impress. He forced a throw into double coverage on a scramble that against better comp could have been picked. He should have just tossed it away.

The positive though is that he is getting work against live competition which means our first team is doing their thing. Hopefully he will continue to see mop up action throughout the year and continue to improve.

Advertisement
After TVD dropped his nuts all over everyone who doubted him? Nobody. But check some of the threads before the A&M game. It's crazy how people here thought Tyler was washed.
the miami oh post game threads were full of it based off 3 emory throws. now that we see tvd healthy is a top 10 college QB again, people calmed down

After TVD dropped his nuts all over everyone who doubted him? Nobody. But check some of the threads before the A&M game. It's crazy how people here thought Tyler was washed.
I never doubted TVD as to me it was obvious he was a victim of Gattis/Injuries. As soon as we brought in Dawson I expected him to ball out but I'll be honest, even I never expected him to look this razor sharp!

Yes you're right there were people who were doubting Van Dyke but to actually call for a true freshman to start over him no matter how impressive Emory was in camp is completely unhinged lol.

Having the first team oline protecting him helps. This was a similar knock on TVD as well. I do agree that with more familiarity with the offense and reads he will do better. TVD right now just looks very comfortable back there.

Emory seemed a bit hurried and anxious last night which is understandable because he was trying to also impress. He forced a throw into double coverage on a scramble that against better comp could have been picked. He should have just tossed it away.

The positive though is that he is getting work against live competition which means our first team is doing their thing. Hopefully he will continue to see mop up action throughout the year and continue to improve.
This is the thing we haven't been able to do for...like a decade; end things early and get reps for young guys. It creates a trickle down effect of guys being unprepared with no/little game action when they step into prominent roles. You get guys better seasoned, they play better when it's time...which ends games early...which gives the next line of guys game action...and on and on.

This is the thing we haven't been able to do for...like a decade; end things early and get reps for young guys. It creates a trickle down effect of guys being unprepared with no/little game action when they step into prominent roles. You get guys better seasoned, they play better when it's time...which ends games early...which gives the next line of guys game action...and on and on.

absolutely...this includes our other young guys too.

Advertisement
I never doubted TVD as to me it was obvious he was a victim of Gattis/Injuries. As soon as we brought in Dawson I expected him to ball out but I'll be honest, even I never expected him to look this razor sharp!

Yes you're right there were people who were doubting Van Dyke but to actually call for a true freshman to start over him no matter how impressive Emory was in camp is completely unhinged lol.
Absolutely. most people, at least most sane people knew that Tyler is the best QB on the roster and unquestioned starter but insane people posted things like this.
He scans the field and extremely accurate. Hes the best qb on the team

absolutely...this includes our other young guys too.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. All young guys getting reps is better long term, even if they are ugly reps like last night. It's all learning experiences. Ugly reps are always better than no reps. You learn a lot from mistakes.

Before the season I was one of them, I considered Tvd a beaten and broken housewife

Advertisement

Yeah with the first team Oline and WR’s he was fine except for the one pass where he did a good job scrambling but then tried to do too much. The 2nd team Oline did him no favors, especially on the sack. Good job by Mario of giving Emory a chance with the 1st team Oline.

The more Emory plays the better he will be. I think it is almost a foregone conclusion that he will take over from TVD.

I like Emory’s potential but It would be a mistake to not bring in a grad transfer if TVD leaves. Gone are the days of having 4 QBs on a roster but I wish they’d recruit another HS QB.

Yeah with the first team Oline and WR’s he was fine except for the one pass where he did a good job scrambling but then tried to do too much. The 2nd team Oline did him no favors, especially on the sack. Good job by Mario of giving Emory a chance with the 1st team Oline.

The more Emory plays the better he will be. I think it is almost a foregone conclusion that he will take over from TVD.

I think they are also trying to save Jacurri's red shirt so that is a major reason he hasn't been out there. I would not count him out just yet either. He can be a Hendon Hooker type in the right system.

Advertisement

He's gonna develop and the more time he gets out there, the quicker it'll happen.

1. Routine, Young made that play happen.

2. Great pass, no doubt.

3. He was late on the throw.

4. Yup, gotta throw it away as captioned.

5. Routine throw. Loved seeing Washington get some balls his way. Same with everyone basically getting a shot in a glorified scrimmage. We did what we were supposed to do.

I like what we've seen from Williams though. He's certainly got a future. Just keep getting him in the game.

I hope they don't turn him off after four games unless he wants that. Players don't wait around anymore for years to play. Perhaps he would, so I'll trust the coaches on that.

Kid's a stud, not concerned going forward after TVD leaving. The only issue I have is play this kid a little more when we're up big behind our starters on the OL. I hate when we empty the bench and he's playing behind backup OL. We're not there depth wise and we're risking injury to Williams.

Advertisement
I really like what I've seen out of this kid so far. His accuracy, ability and willingness to hang in the pocket, and the way he changes arm angles signal a kid who is already mentally well beyond his years in terms of preparation and comfort.

Missing on Rashada hurt, but it looks like we might have struck gold (or at least silver) with Emory.

Question...does anyone think we'll see most of those second team O linemen play in another game this year? I mean outside of injury or emergency. That combo of Sagpoopoo, Rodriguez and Criscoballs got bullied by an FCS D line.

Advertisement
Back