Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
Who would y'all take

Emory Williams

Avery Johnson

High school QB evals are tough. There are like 5-6 guys each class that clearly stand out due to talent. Then there are like 50 Pocket passers and 50 Dual Threat guys who all look similar talent wise. How fast you can scan and process the field is what separates the rest of the pack if they don't have special athletic tools

Advertisement
Another tidbit from Williams interview with Rivals - he said that Ponce told him he will likely redshirt year one. He also told him if he commits to Miami he will be the ONLY QB in the class.
I sure hope this is a communication error.

No offense to the kid but I can't imagine them taking his commitment, then saying sorry every other QB in the country. We're sticking with the diamond in the rough, who we're openly admitting needs to redshirt.

@LeedsCane This what you're hearing?

I sure hope this is a communication error.

No offense to the kid but I can't imagine them taking his commitment, then saying sorry every other QB in the country. We're sticking with the diamond in the rough, who we're openly admitting needs to redshirt.

@LeedsCane This what you're hearing?
Not even remotely. I don’t know where the fault lies but that isn’t the case, with any QB. I said that earlier today.

Advertisement
I'm good with the arm. My thing is that I prefer athleticism/upside over polish with a developmental QB. I think he's a good, well-schooled player and would fit in best here as the second QB in the class.

So he is Preston Dewey or whatever his name was around the time we also brought in gray crow and every other ****** QB for 10 years.

Take Williams, swing for a 5 star, and if Garcia isn't looking the part be back channeling with potential transfers from around the country.

Should be doing all three, since whoever we sign in this class isn't going to be the starter or we are fuqd, and because there are good transfer QB available every year if our incumbent gets lazy.

Advertisement
I tell you what if we lock in Williams.

I would like for them to find away to have him play QB for the Miami Immortals allll summer. Need him to come n show out on those 7 on 7 teams to get some of these local wrs to feel him and get some momentum.

For the out of state posters....where he plays high school ball is basically out of state for us South Florida follks

Take Williams, swing for a 5 star, and if Garcia isn't looking the part be back channeling with potential transfers from around the country.

Should be doing all three, since whoever we sign in this class isn't going to be the starter or we are fuqd, and because there are good transfer QB available every year if our incumbent gets lazy.
Rashada qb1...

but this is my feelings as well.

I also would go out to Cali n offer some of their high 3 star qbs honestly. Theres like 3 i like off the bat just from casually watching

Advertisement
i stated in a prior post.

coming from group of 5 n places like louisville...this is the type of qb Ponce is use to taking.
I wouldn’t go nearly that far. Emory is on a different level than the average App St. QB.

Or even UL.

Those QBs are either average across the board with good mental or have one strong trait. Like arm talent or duality.

Williams, is very good at everything and he’lol end up a low to mid 4 star.

Also, imo, QB is one of the hardest positions to evaluate off of highlights. Highlights tend to spotlight athleticism and physical potential. Traits that aren't all that important to a QB.

A good QB has things that don't show on highlight film. Commitment, film study, work ethic and dedication (is the difference between Jarren Williams and TVD), anticipation, pre snap reads, leadership, toughness, check downs, etc.

A lot of those things typically don't show in a highlight film (his actually showed a few which impress me). But just being able to launch a ball 70 yards is not the end all be all, even though thats the easiest way to get 5 stars on these sites.

I'm curious to see a list of 5 star qbs in the last ten years. Bust rate.
And it isn’t like TVD played south florida competition up here in Connecticut. It was prep ball which is the best up here, and kids have gone on to having success at major schools, but I’m willing to bet Emory plays better talent then up here.

I wouldn’t go nearly that far. Emory is on a different level than the average App St. QB.

Or even UL.

Those QBs are either average across the board with good mental or have one strong trait. Like arm talent or duality.

Williams, is very good at everything and he’lol end up a low to mid 4 star.
Im more referencing that they dig for prospects and eval that way...knowing that they dont have legit shots at the big dogs unless they are local (Louisville).

I believe with a strong summer and early szn this kid may end up a hig 3 star borderline 4 star kid.

I like the upside that Avery Johnson offers a little more. With that said, won't be mad if we take Williams as he looks like he can play QB at the next level as well. Either way, hoping that we go hard for a big time prospect next year after having what I think will be a very good year this year to sell recruits on.
Jesus Christ man🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Back